Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
sidthehat
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 899
vCash: 1000
Default Choi getting ready for Yordan fight

Message to UK/Ireland fans:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Public workout clip:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
sidthehat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
mckay_89
Haw you!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Funky Town
Posts: 2,285
vCash: 1065
Default Re: Choi getting ready for Yordan fight

Waaaaaaarrrrr choi!
mckay_89 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #3
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,853
vCash: 75
Default Re: Choi getting ready for Yordan fight

Smoking bird marred by crap tatt' on right of shot.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #4
China Rich
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: With my beautiful Chinese princess...
Posts: 547
vCash: 75
Default Re: Choi getting ready for Yordan fight

Really want choi to win this, unfortunately i suppose that the ibo is the closest he'll get to a legitimate world title but will still be a step up from the wbu and wbf belts he held...
China Rich is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,848
vCash: 500
Default Re: Choi getting ready for Yordan fight

He's a ledge, i leave him a Birthday comment on FB and he likes it weeks later .

War Choi!!.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #6
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 10,920
vCash: 122
Default Re: Choi getting ready for Yordan fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Rich View Post
Really want choi to win this, unfortunately i suppose that the ibo is the closest he'll get to a legitimate world title but will still be a step up from the wbu and wbf belts he held...
If he wins this fight he gets a fight with Chris John (assuming he also wins his next fight)

War Choi
DrMo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #7
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,853
vCash: 75
Default Re: Choi getting ready for Yordan fight

He won't beat Yordan but it will be one of the greatest fights of the modern age, of that I have no doubt.

Amazing career path for Choi! Thought ****ing Veeraphol in his THIRD FIGHT and gave a massive effort and stunned the great Thai.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #8
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,322
vCash: 75
Default Re: Choi getting ready for Yordan fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
He won't beat Yordan but it will be one of the greatest fights of the modern age, of that I have no doubt.

Amazing career path for Choi! Thought ****ing Veeraphol in his THIRD FIGHT and gave a massive effort and stunned the great Thai.
The fact he fought Sahaprom so early on, and that the Thai won his 2nd World title only 2 fights later is pretty amazing. Especially when you consider how highly rated Nishioka is and he wasn't able to beat Sahaprom in 4 fights.
JFT96 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #9
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,853
vCash: 75
Default Re: Choi getting ready for Yordan fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
The fact he fought Sahaprom so early on, and that the Thai won his 2nd World title only 2 fights later is pretty amazing. Especially when you consider how highly rated Nishioka is and he wasn't able to beat Sahaprom in 4 fights.
Yeah and Sahaprom absolutely dominated him in their last encounter, couldn't stop him but apart from that did a better job than Donaire even (dominated and landed so many clean rights and worked more) but admittedly Nishioka got a fair bit better with experience (but was a little faded by the time Nonito dominated him, so everything considered the wins are about equal IMO)

Sahaprom was a long term Muay Thai champ' (Raja stadium) and had beaten Daorung in his second fight (one of the greatest technical fights you'll ever see BTW) before having his style altered forever at the stone hands of Nana Konadu.

He was well into his 'comeback' by the time Choi gave him hassle. Tseveenpuree is a natural warrior mate, no doubt.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #10
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 10,920
vCash: 122
Default Re: Choi getting ready for Yordan fight

There are warriors, there are throwback warriors & there is Choi
DrMo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #11
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,322
vCash: 75
Default Re: Choi getting ready for Yordan fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Yeah and Sahaprom absolutely dominated him in their last encounter, couldn't stop him but apart from that did a better job than Donaire even (dominated and landed so many clean rights and worked more) but admittedly Nishioka got a fair bit better with experience (but was a little faded by the time Nonito dominated him, so everything considered the wins are about equal IMO)

Sahaprom was a long term Muay Thai champ' (Raja stadium) and had beaten Daorung in his second fight (one of the greatest technical fights you'll ever see BTW) before having his style altered forever at the stone hands of Nana Konadu.

He was well into his 'comeback' by the time Choi gave him hassle. Tseveenpuree is a natural warrior mate, no doubt.
Yeah I never knew anything about him until I was watching him vs Hasegawa and Nishioka but I wikipedia'd him when I saw his boxrec cos I couldn't believe he won a World title so early on! He had a great career
JFT96 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #12
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,853
vCash: 75
Default Re: Choi getting ready for Yordan fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
Yeah I never knew anything about him until I was watching him vs Hasegawa and Nishioka but I wikipedia'd him when I saw his boxrec cos I couldn't believe he won a World title so early on! He had a great career
How dare I say he beat Daorung in his second fight Fellow Thai Saensak Muangsurin remains the quickest fighter to win a World title (WBC, in the day of two, in 3 fights)

Sahaprom was very good and if not for western boas in The Ring might well have been the no.1 ranked bantamweight in the World. Austin got the nod Luckily Rafa was a notch above, but still, he never beat Veeraphol who was the stand out bantam until Hasegawa beat him.

I rank him the no.2 greatest Thai. Not a great fighter, but highly capable, skilled and a patient punch picker who could use the right like a jab.

And Choi gave him a torrid ten rounds so early on. Was so chuffed when I got my hands on it, have loved Choi since he beat Derry on a days notice
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #13
HMSTempleGarden
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,353
vCash: 2522
Default Re: Choi getting ready for Yordan fight

facebook link isn't working.
HMSTempleGarden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #14
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9,569
vCash: 500
Default Re: Choi getting ready for Yordan fight

War Choi! He ain't beating Yordan though, he'll give it his all no doubt.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #15
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,853
vCash: 75
Default Re: Choi getting ready for Yordan fight

Why are my ramblings about Choi and Veeraphol relevant to this thread? Because I think it shows he has the element of 'World class' in his makeup. It's come too late for him but as BoxingAnalyst said he will give it his all.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013