Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 11-07-2012, 06:05 AM   #1
Peter__1987

vCash:
Default Stephan Bonnar

Lost all my respect for him after another failed drugs test, fight clean or not at all man.

Even if he had pulled it off it would now be a no contest, what was the point in that?

I love how Anderson rolls though, he's a natural 185er and he beats down on roided up 205er's
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2012, 06:06 AM   #2
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Stephan Bonnar

what did he test + for
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 06:10 AM   #3
Peter__1987

vCash:

This. commonly known in bodybuilding circles as "masteron"

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drostanolone[/ame]
Old 11-07-2012, 06:11 AM   #4
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawSlayer View Post
what did he test + for
Copied from the other Bonnar thread that's up at the present time >>>

UFC 153 fighters Stephan Bonnar (15-8 MMA, 8-7 UFC) and Dave Herman (21-5 MMA, 1-3 UFC) each tested positive for banned substances in their post-fight drug screens.

MMAjunkie.com ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) today confirmed with Ultimate Fighting Championship officials that all 24 fighters who competed at this past month's UFC 153 event in Brazil were tested, and Bonnar and Herman were the lone two competitors who failed the screen.

Bonnar tested positive for Drostanolone, an anabolic steroid, while Herman's screen was flagged for marijuana metabolites.

UFC 153 took place Oct. 13 at Rio de Janeiro's HSBC Arena. Anderson Silva defeated Bonnar in the evening's headliner while Herman was submitted by Antonio Rodrgio Nogueira in the co-main event.

With the lack of an athletic commission to govern the event, UFC officials took the role of overseeing the fight card. UFC exec Marc Ratner said the company has yet to issue a suspension to the fighters but is expected to do so sometime next week.

Bonnar earlier this week announced his retirement. His first positive test and subsequent suspension came after UFC 62, at which he dropped a unanimous decision loss to Forrest Griffin in their rematch. At that event, the Las Vegas-based Bonnar tested positive for a Boldenone metabolite that resulted from anabolic-steroid use.

Following the suspension, Bonnar owned up to the infraction, saying he was trying to speed up the rehab of an injured elbow in time for the Griffin fight. He was suspended for nine months by the Nevada State Athletic Commission and fined $5,000.

After a three-fight losing skid that included unanimous decision losses to eventual light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and UFC Hall of Famer Mark Coleman, Bonnar bounced back in 2010 with a second-round TKO win over Krzysztof Soszynski, then dominant unanimous decision wins over Igor Pokrajac and Kyle Kingsbury.

After a layoff of nearly a year, he got the chance of his career when he was asked to face Silva in Brazil in a light heavyweight bout on just a month's notice. Bonnar came out swinging, but eventually succumbed to a Silva knee to the midsection and follow-up punches on the ground in the first round. It was the first time he had been stopped, not counting two stoppages from cuts.

"Huge thanks to every UFC fan out there!" the Carlson Gracie-trained Bonnar stated on Facebook, announcing his retirement. "All I ever wanted was to bring ya'll some fun...hope u were entertained. Peace, love, & violence!"

Earlier this week, Bonnar's wife gave birth to the couple's first child.

Drostanolone is an anabolic steroid in the dihydrotestosterone family. Earlier this year, former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal tested positive for the same substance.

For Herman, the failed test is also his second offense. The heavyweight was in 2011 scratched from a planned matchup with Mike Russow when he failed a pre-fight drug screen issued by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. Herman later revealed marijuana was the offending substance, though he denied using the drug.

The remaining 22 fighters on the card all tested negative for drugs of abuse (such as marijuana and cocaine), as well as anabolic steroids and other performance-enhancers.

For complete coverage of UFC 153, stay tuned to the UFC Events section of the site.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:12 AM   #5
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Yep, huge hit in my respect for him after his 2nd failed test. Aside from his habit of doping, I have nothing but admiration for the guy. Sucks that he feels the need to use performance enhancers, that's a massive stain on any fighter's legacy.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 06:15 AM   #6
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Yep, huge hit in my respect for him after his 2nd failed test. Aside from his habit of doping, I have nothing but admiration for the guy. Sucks that he feels the need to use performance enhancers, that's a massive stain on any fighter's legacy.

Could not agree more. Getting busted for using drugs once is bad enough, but repeat offenders deserve no respect IMO.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:15 AM   #7
Peter__1987

vCash:

I guess he never had enough time to come off it since the fight was on such short notice.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:16 AM   #8
Peter__1987

vCash:

How much of the man is Anderson though? Roided up 205er who's younger than he is never been stopped and Anderson toys with him then dispatches him ruthlessly. **** man, I love Anderson
Old 11-07-2012, 06:19 AM   #9
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
How much of the man is Anderson though? Roided up 205er who's younger than he is never been stopped and Anderson toys with him then dispatches him ruthlessly. **** man, I love Anderson
He really is a once in a generation fighter.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:23 AM   #10
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

why dont they just withold their pay until they pass a drugs test? It would clean the sport up overnight.
you piss hot you dont get paid.. simple.
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 06:31 AM   #11
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
why dont they just withold their pay until they pass a drugs test? It would clean the sport up overnight.
you piss hot you dont get paid.. simple.
Hard to argue with that idea. That the current measures aren't deterring drug use is proof they are not stringent enough.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #12
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

The man is a complete and utter disgrace to the sport. One failed test can be justified via excuses or even at a real push you can call it a mistake because we are human BUT twice is disgusting and brings into question every fight he has ever had.

Its probably to do with him being such a big ****er and somehow making 205.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #13
Aaron Contreras
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Dumbass, could've just walked off into the sunset as a warrior (win or lose) but still managed to find a way to f*ck that up.
Aaron Contreras is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #14
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

he stood in at short notice so he didnt have enough time for it to leave his system, masteron is short acting and can be gone from your system in 3 weeks, i guess he doesnt give a **** it was his last fight anyway but he probably had less drive to win that night as he knew any good performance would of been tainted
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #15
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Well, you gotta hand it to him for keepin' it real....as in....for real, I ain't got a chance in hell of beating Silva naturally.

Makes you wonder though, we only hear about the ones that get caught. We all know there are many more that don't, but i'd love to know the actual percentage of users. It would probably be more than 50%.
Speechless is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum