Old 11-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #16
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Stephan Bonnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
How much of the man is Anderson though? Roided up 205er who's younger than he is never been stopped and Anderson toys with him then dispatches him ruthlessly. **** man, I love Anderson
Think logically about what you just said fella...
Stoo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #17
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speechless View Post
Makes you wonder though, we only hear about the ones that get caught. We all know there are many more that don't, but i'd love to know the actual percentage of users. It would probably be more than 50%.
There are probably some who are beating the testing on a regular basis. It's high time the penalties became such that they are actually a deterrent to the users.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #18
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
There are probably some who are beating the testing on a regular basis. It's high time the penalties became such that they are actually a deterrent to the users.
I want to see catastrophic results that sees fighters petrified of anything and everything they put in their body. Something that really hurts a fighter like 5 years ban then life.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #19
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
I want to see catastrophic results that sees fighters petrified of anything and everything they put in their body. Something that really hurts a fighter like 5 years ban then life.
x2
Old 11-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #20
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
this

no more of this "i didnt know" bullshit. i walk around every day without steroids in my body. its not that hard fellas.
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #21
achillesthegreat
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
this

no more of this "i didnt know" bullshit. i walk around every day without steroids in my body. its not that hard fellas.
the bullshit they come up with and the fact they get doctors in on it.

overeem "i had a bit of medicine left over from a previous injury, i didn't know what it was, i had a niggle, doc said take it over the phone, i did, oops it was steroids, my bad, see you december while i sit on the million or so i just made".
Old 11-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #22
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
the bullshit they come up with and the fact they get doctors in on it.

overeem "i had a bit of medicine left over from a previous injury, i didn't know what it was, i had a niggle, doc said take it over the phone, i did, oops it was steroids, my bad, see you december while i sit on the million or so i just made".
not only that but who the **** "takes something" for an injury?? its not like your sick and you need anti biotics.. your injured, just let it heal..
if your taking something then pretty much the only thing it CAN be is steroids..
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #23
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
not only that but who the **** "takes something" for an injury?? its not like your sick and you need anti biotics.. your injured, just let it heal..
if your taking something then pretty much the only thing it CAN be is steroids..
Im not disagreeing with what you have said in this thread rusty, it's good common sense. But with a guy like Thiago Silva, for example, I do sympathize with using PED's to over come a long term injury when the man has bills to pay. Not saying I condone it, but the temptation must be strong to take a short cut in those situations. Obviously Reem using a similar excuse during his hearing is a ****ing joke though
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #24
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 240

Shock horror - UFC fighter is a roiding can!!
Joe.Boxer is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #25
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Im not disagreeing with what you have said in this thread rusty, it's good common sense. But with a guy like Thiago Silva, for example, I do sympathize with using PED's to over come a long term injury when the man has bills to pay. Not saying I condone it, but the temptation must be strong to take a short cut in those situations. Obviously Reem using a similar excuse during his hearing is a ****ing joke though
The powers that be need to make the shortcut look far less attractive by implementing stronger deterrents.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #26
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

If you gave a fighter a 5 year ban it's pretty much the same as life. Most fighters don't even have careers that last that long, never mind taking a break of that amount and then coming back. So I agree with the idea but would probably limit the first ban to 2 years.
Vanboxingfan is online now  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #27
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanboxingfan View Post
If you gave a fighter a 5 year ban it's pretty much the same as life. Most fighters don't even have careers that last that long, never mind taking a break of that amount and then coming back. So I agree with the idea but would probably limit the first ban to 2 years.

What's to stop a fighter going over to Asia to fight where you don't need a licence, fighting, keeping active and of course juiced and then reappearing clean 2 years later ready for a bit of UFC action?

That's why it's gotta be life......
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #28
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Its got to be life for anything that is clearly an infringement. If someone is like Berto taking a contaminated source then no they shouldnt be banned for life but if it is legitimate cheating then **** them they're out. No ifs no buts no comebacks.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #29
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ldn View Post
Its got to be life for anything that is clearly an infringement. If someone is like Berto taking a contaminated source then no they shouldnt be banned for life but if it is legitimate cheating then **** them they're out. No ifs no buts no comebacks.
If a life suspension isn't what's delivered on the first offense, it sure as hell should be on the second offense. Two strikes and don't ever come back.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:59 AM   #30
achillesthegreat
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanboxingfan View Post
Most fighters have decent length careers, especially the big names who you really want to hurt, and with science, nutrion, good rehab etc i think its being lengthened.

If a fighter commits the sin in their early 20s, they get another shot, if they did it at 30, they still have a slim chance but if they can't come back then thats the risk they take.

2 years still isn't enough. Sportsmen are often out for 12 months or more due to match making, injury etc It needs to hurt the life they live, their pocket, their fame, everything.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum