Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #16
BretN
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 75
Default Re: Sky Sports p4p list...........

Look at some of the comments below the list. Embarassing
BretN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #17
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sky Sports p4p list...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretN View Post
Look at some of the comments below the list. Embarassing
Also known as hilarious!
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #18
BretN
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 75
Default Re: Sky Sports p4p list...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Also known as hilarious!
The one claiming Devon Alexander should be in because he's proved he can do it at a higher weight and is a good counter puncher is a personal highlight
BretN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #19
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sky Sports p4p list...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretN View Post
The one claiming Devon Alexander should be in because he's proved he can do it at a higher weight and is a good counter puncher is a personal highlight
I think the one saying Danny Garcia should be in provided much amusement. And the defence of Amir Khan - he might have lost two in a row, but by gum, it's racist to exclude him!
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #20
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 13,328
vCash: 999
Default Re: Sky Sports p4p list...........

ethi says November 4, 2012 5:45pm

Bradley is a fraud he clearly lost to the Pac man and he shouldn't be on the list and I think Saul canelo alverez should be higher on the list after some wonderful performances. Nonito Donaire shouldn't be so high,5 is way to high for him I think he shouldnt even be on the list! CARL FROCH should never be in the p4p top10 whenever he faces anyone good he gets destroyed !

---

cojey says November 4, 2012 10:45am

This list is a joke surely? Dr iron fist is absent? his only two losses were down to injury and he was ahead on the score cards when the fights were stopped so by todays rules he would be undefeated, wladamir has come a long way granted but vitali is in a different league and would dominate his brother were they to fight. take away injurys vitali is unstoppable just look at the Lewis fight

---

jason says November 2, 2012 9:11am

WHERES AMIR KHAN?? TRUE WARRIOR

---

meran says November 1, 2012 6:43pm

there is no doubt about pacquio, he is the best and will be the best. no one can beat him. even floyd mayweather( story maker)

---

richie says November 1, 2012 10:04pm

Hands down, Danny Garcia should easily have made the top 10.

kosaros is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #21
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sky Sports p4p list...........

It is a good giggle. I knew a guy at work who started telling me how much he loved boxing when he found out I followed it. It was a week before Hatton fought Collazo and he was telling me what he thought would happen.

I pointed out that Collazo was a good fighter and could pose some problems with his southpaw style. I then was saying how as a left-hander, he could negate Ricky's own left hook to some extent.

He looked at me gravely. "Yeah, it's tough enough fighting a left-hander, never mind a southpaw left-hander."

That's the sort of people commenting on that board.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #22
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,890
vCash: 1075
Default Re: Sky Sports p4p list...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
I don't understand why Heavyweight fighters are discriminated on.

Anybody that knows boxing can clearly see from a technical point of view, that Manny Pac is not on Wladimir Kiltschko's level.
A 220 pound Pac crushes Wlad in a round.

A 140 pound Wlad gets crushed in a round by Pac.

Mismatch.
onourway is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #23
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sky Sports p4p list...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by onourway View Post
A 220 pound Pac crushes Wlad in a round.

A 140 pound Wlad gets crushed in a round by Pac.

Mismatch.
Pac would fight very differently at that weight, and Wlad would fight very differently at 140. You can't do a direct comparison like that because so many of the traits that mark those fighters out are inherent to their weight class.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #24
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,890
vCash: 1075
Default Re: Sky Sports p4p list...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Pac would fight very differently at that weight, and Wlad would fight very differently at 140. You can't do a direct comparison like that because so many of the traits that mark those fighters out are inherent to their weight class.
Wlad would have to fight completely out of his comfort zone and wouldn't be able to protect his eggy chin.

His style is based around being taller and heavier than his opponent and having a longer reach, hence why he can't properly be rated P4P, because it would negate all his advantages and expose his weaknesses.
onourway is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #25
KidJackal
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dublin
Posts: 950
vCash: 2323
Default Re: Sky Sports p4p list...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by onourway View Post
A 220 pound Pac crushes Wlad in a round.

A 140 pound Wlad gets crushed in a round by Pac.

Mismatch.
At 220 pounds Pac would be morbidly obese and hardly able to move, so I doubt he crushes Wlad in a round.

However your other prediction is spot on, its a joke to think Wlad could make 140 so Pac could probably KO the corpse that would be Wlad at that weight.

KidJackal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #26
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Bush
Posts: 1,062
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sky Sports p4p list...........

I'd swap Alvarez for Froch definitely. I think Martinez deserves no 3 personally he will fight anyone and he's had some great wins in several divisions, Wlad gets marked down because he is fighting in a poor division and doesn't always look great in defeating pretty average and frequently fat opponents that are usually much smaller than him.
JonnyBGoode is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #27
scotchpieirnbru
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 590
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sky Sports p4p list...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJackal View Post
At 220 pounds Pac would be morbidly obese and hardly able to move, so I doubt he crushes Wlad in a round.

However your other prediction is spot on, its a joke to think Wlad could make 140 so Pac could probably KO the corpse that would be Wlad at that weight.



The imagery that brings to my head is insane. A Massively fat Filipino and a starving dying Wlad looking like skeletor.
scotchpieirnbru is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:37 AM   #28
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pazinfowit, USA
Posts: 24,716
vCash: 26665
Default Re: Sky Sports p4p list...........

Canelo has no business being placed with any of these other names. Zero. And I like his style, but I wouldn't dream of a p4p list for him until he's fought maybe one guy I think is a top fighter in the weight class he fights in. Ridiculous. I disagree with Volo over Marquez on the principle of **** bad judges. However, if you stay completely on about official cards, which they seem to be doing, although really not, considering the Pac-spanking, then his performance against Pacquiao leaves him doing no better than Volo's done anywhere in any weight class in the past couple years. But it's misleading as **** and I don't like it. Mayweather, Pacquiao, Marquez, Donaire, Ward, a lot of hair-splitting, considering where the greater fighters are at in their career and the younger guys are coming in. It's not an easy judge, and therefore I've got no beef however you're ordering them, but I do think they are definitely the top five with Martinez possibly getting in there, possibly just after. I don't hold his resume in the regard I have for the other guys'. I still think he's an excellent fighter, mind.

Edit:
Actually, back to Canelo...Mares and Moreno (who are both fighting soon) both deserve that spot more than him, right now. So does Gonzalez.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:49 AM   #29
Clint Eastwood
Do You Feel Lucky, Punk?!
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: London, England.
Posts: 400
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sky Sports p4p list...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Are you trying to tell me Manny Pac, who fights like he is semi-retarded is more skilled than Wladimir Kiltschko..?

David Haye is more skilled than Manny Pac, if you want to bring up the whole weight issue thing.

David Haye is fighting guys out weighing him by 2-3 stone on average.

Manny Pac even though he is on steroids, has to catch weight fighters all the time.
Clint Eastwood is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:02 AM   #30
DarkDestroyer83
Lunatic biker
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Isle of Man
Posts: 277
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sky Sports p4p list...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
It is a good giggle. I knew a guy at work who started telling me how much he loved boxing when he found out I followed it. It was a week before Hatton fought Collazo and he was telling me what he thought would happen.

I pointed out that Collazo was a good fighter and could pose some problems with his southpaw style. I then was saying how as a left-hander, he could negate Ricky's own left hook to some extent.

He looked at me gravely. "Yeah, it's tough enough fighting a left-hander, never mind a southpaw left-hander."

That's the sort of people commenting on that board.
In my early days in the army another trainee came up to me after he found out I was a boxing fan and started rabbiting on as they do and then he goes "so when do you think Lennox is going to give Prince Naseem a shot?" he never lived that one down. Same when I was at Hatton vs Maussa and some bloke behind me was on about how Hatton KO'd Danny Williams in sparring.
DarkDestroyer83 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013