Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 03-15-2008, 12:46 PM   #1
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Ken Buchanan vs Edwin Rosario

15 rounds, for the undisputed lightweight championship. Both men at their very best. Who wins? Everyone has an opinion, and mine is that the brilliant Ken Buchanan decisively outboxes Edwin Rosario, an excellent fighter himself, over the 15 round distance. Buchanan was, at his best, a modern day boxing marvel, who was in this case, also the tougher man, both chinwise as well as mentally, with a combative edge when in adversity. The second Laguna fight, and his losing effort against Diran were proof of this. I would rate Rosario over many lightweights of the past and of the present time, but he would be outclassed in this one.
red cobra is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2008, 12:50 PM   #2
dpw417
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 215
Default Re: Ken Buchanan vs Edwin Rosario

Quote:
Originally Posted by red cobra
15 rounds, for the undisputed lightweight championship. Both men at their very best. Who wins? Everyone has an opinion, and mine is that the brilliant Ken Buchanan decisively outboxes Edwin Rosario, an excellent fighter himself, over the 15 round distance. Buchanan was, at his best, a modern day boxing marvel, who was in this case, also the tougher man, both chinwise as well as mentally, with a combative edge when in adversity. The second Laguna fight, and his losing effort against Diran were proof of this. I would rate Rosario over many lightweights of the past and of the present time, but he would be outclassed in this one.
I'd say Buchanan by UD...against the best Rosario he might have a few rough spots...but it's Buchanan convincingly.
dpw417 is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2008, 03:16 PM   #3
rendog67
The firestarter
ESB Senior Member

I dont think you got many posts because you have basically answered the question. this would be a great fight and one i would gladly pay to watch, but rosario as good as he was just wasnt good enough to stop buchanan (hell im not sure who ever was) ken buchanan by ud
rendog67 is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2008, 03:20 PM   #4
rendog67
The firestarter
ESB Senior Member

cobra what made you post on this matchup its a great fight. are you a buchanan fan?
rendog67 is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2008, 08:51 PM   #5
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendog67
cobra what made you post on this matchup its a great fight. are you a buchanan fan?
Yes, and I admit that it's probably a mistake to render an opinion so emphatically on the very beginning of the post like I did. I've always been a fan of Buchanan, and I feel that although he was losing that fight against Duran, it would have gone the full 15 were it not for that outrageous foul that ended it. Why the ref didn't at least give Buchanan the benefit of a doubt, particularly since the foul came AFTER the bell on top of everything else, and give him at least 5 minutes to recover from it. I believe that Duran knew that Buchanan would have made it closer in the rematch and didn't fight Ken again because of that. Think about it, that was vintage Duran, and Buchanan was probably the toughest guy that Duran fought. Even DeJesus crumbled from Duran's power in the rematches. It took a low blow to have that "tko 13".
red cobra is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2008, 08:54 PM   #6
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

I like Buchanan by UD in a rugged fight
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2008, 04:55 AM   #7
rendog67
The firestarter
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red cobra
Yes, and I admit that it's probably a mistake to render an opinion so emphatically on the very beginning of the post like I did. I've always been a fan of Buchanan, and I feel that although he was losing that fight against Duran, it would have gone the full 15 were it not for that outrageous foul that ended it. Why the ref didn't at least give Buchanan the benefit of a doubt, particularly since the foul came AFTER the bell on top of everything else, and give him at least 5 minutes to recover from it. I believe that Duran knew that Buchanan would have made it closer in the rematch and didn't fight Ken again because of that. Think about it, that was vintage Duran, and Buchanan was probably the toughest guy that Duran fought. Even DeJesus crumbled from Duran's power in the rematches. It took a low blow to have that "tko 13".
yeah buchanan oozed class, and i agree with your duran comments
rendog67 is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2008, 05:49 AM   #8
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Buchanan would need to be careful, but if it came down to it, Buchanan's chin was solid, and it would help avoid potential disaster.

Buchanan to give Rosario a lot of respect early on, but to start opwning up and dominate in the middle rounds, leading to a championship round stoppage against the brave El Chapo.

Buchanan TKO14 leading 9-4 on the scorecards.
TBooze is online now  Top
Old 03-17-2008, 10:47 AM   #9
AREA 53
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Although you should never used one fight alone as an axis point for an opinion, i just cant help but doing that in this match-up, when i see Howard Davis Jr come within a whisker, curtesy of a last round knockdown, of beating Edwin with his mobility and darting Jab, if i transpose the Equally Elusive, Stronger, and more intermittenly Aggressively minded, Buchanan for Davis, i can only see one Winner, Ken had more "Bounce per Once" then most, fantastic Stamina, a Great Chin, and unlike most Mobile Boxers, did not find the ropes a Spiders Web Trap, he would Bob up and Down, left and Right, and Spin out like a top in a blur of Tarten, if he could pull that off against many including the much skilled Ismeal Laguna, then i think Edwin is in for a Very Frustrating night, and if he gets too frustrated and loses his form, Buchanan might seek to exploit this with Viguer, Ken in his immediate Post Duran phase started to plant himself a bit more and pick up a few nice stoppages, Chung Kil Lee, Chu Chu Malve, and Frankie Otero were good stoppage Scalp's. ( i will not count the Old Ortiz stoppage Father Time was a big assist there. ) Ken for Me Clearly on Points or maybe a late stoppage if its a fifteen rounder and Ken is in the mood.
AREA 53 is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #10
ThinBlack
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Buchanan over Rosario in a tough fight, 8-6-1 in rounds.
ThinBlack is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #11
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Buchanan by wide decision. He had the granite chin to get through any rough patches.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #12
Clinton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Ken was craftier and tougher. I like Chapo, but he got a gift against Howard Davis. He was a big puncher, who relied too much on his power later in his career. Ken had a granite chin to withstand Chapo's power, and had the nous to box Edwin's ears off. I see Ken's beautiful and multiple angled jab keeping Chapo honest whereas when Chapo lands, Ken withstands it.
Clinton is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #13
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Rosario even got rocked by Davis at one point if i remember rightly.
lora is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum