Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 06-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #46
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***Lynchburg*** A Cinderella story of NOT making atmosphere - videos up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynchburg View Post
Cheers Rek! Good luck with the film! Hope it turns out good!

I will be traing tomorrow. Wrestling in the morning, gym in the afternoon and no-Gi and Gi in the evening.

I'm going to not compete next week because I'd like to move down a weight class. I won't be taking more than a few months off from comps.

Lynchburg
Thanks, and I believe it will!

As long as you keep training, you should be fine. I just thought you might need the added pressure of competing in front of others to keep you focused on your diet.

Keep us posted on what you are doing. Outside of your gym and family, we are your biggest fans.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2012, 07:43 AM   #47
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Default Re: Weight cutting

Ahhh commiserations Lynchy, but look at Vitor, he didnt make his atmosphere over night.

Give it a few days and the disappointment will pass, you will learn from your mistakes and come back stronger
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #48
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885
Default Re: Weight cutting

I agree completely with Rek here don't be too disheartened no need to take time off as some self punishment keep at it. Remember the feeling of failure and break your back to make sure you're never in that place again. No need to be embarassed thats ridiculous just build on this and keep going. You know what you can do and you know its this weight issue thats holding you back so sort it out. I don't really understand grappling tournaments but you looked good in that first one until the last minute or so.

Nice one anyway and keep at it Lynchster (no KKK)
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2012, 09:40 AM   #49
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: ***Lynchburg*** A Cinderella story of NOT making atmosphere - videos up

I agree with the reast of the lads, take a break NOT a kit kat, take a few weeks off and watch some of your favourite ATG fights, boxing, MMA, MT whatever and get really reved up.

Don't worry about teh losses, or you may develop Mayweather'ities' and we don't want that spreading!!

Hang in thier, chin up nothing to be ebaressed about you're a fighter you win some you lose some, onwards and upwards!!
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #50
Lynchburg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1449

February!!!!

I will make my comeback! The recent training with Leo and after Chico become European Champion I have been inspired!

I am going to enter a No-Gi tournament in February and also going to smash someone in an MMA fight!!!

Middleweight, LHW, Heavy weight or even WW!!! I'm going to do this shit!!!!

Back me up guys!!!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Lynchburg
Lynchburg is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #51
David B
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?
vCash: 75

massive respect to you
for having the balls
to actually fight

Lynchburg
WAR
David B is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #52
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Well done Lynchy, good luck. Looks like you've lost alot of weight.

That's a serious ear statement going on there....becareful they don't fish hook your ears mate!
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #53
Lynchburg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by David B View Post
massive respect to you
for having the balls
to actually fight

Lynchburg
WAR
Cheers buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
Well done Lynchy, good luck. Looks like you've lost alot of weight.

That's a serious ear statement going on there....becareful they don't fish hook your ears mate!
Well not really... I have been doing a lot of weights so I have gained quite a lot of muscle mass. I've been squating 200kg, benching 110kg, deadlifting 170kg and cleaning 70kg so with the dieting too i'm slimming down but not losing weight really.

I'll get there though

I tape my ears when I compete... when I train I don't though as if anyone is dirty in training they'd soon be out the door

Lynchburg
Old 11-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #54
thebrodstar
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: ***Lynchburg*** A Cinderella story of making atmosphere - video up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 196osh View Post
Nice work man.

Your ground control is getting much better. I always find armtriangles easier to finish if you grab your bicep.
I find I get good results if I keep my hips on the floor during a arm triangle. Granted I am only a white belt.

Lynchburg, I seen a few of your BJJ vids awhile back and you did well then and way better now, good to see your doing well!!
thebrodstar is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #55
196osh
Mendes Bros.
East Side Guru

vCash: 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrodstar View Post
I find I get good results if I keep my hips on the floor during a arm triangle. Granted I am only a white belt.
To each their own. I am shit at armtriangles anyway never catch them on anybody that is not about my size or smaller.
196osh is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #56
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

I like how you left your weight category options open. lol

Keep up the good work, Lynchie! Hats off to anyone that has the balls to get in the ring.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #57
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Perhaps I should start calling myself the natural?

Some of the dudes I train with call me Brock... They know I'm not a fan of that name...

Lynchburg
If you dont like the name then they are gonna keep calling you by it thats how JDS got his nickname
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #58
Lynchburg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Lynchburg, I seen a few of your BJJ vids awhile back and you did well then and way better now, good to see your doing well!!
Well it depends on the situation for me... sometimes I tripod ala "Von Flue choke" and use my shoulder but other times in do go flat and place my hips close to the floor.

In that fight I was just a little hyped so I left my technique a little... it happens I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 196osh View Post
To each their own. I am shit at armtriangles anyway never catch them on anybody that is not about my size or smaller.
It can be tough for the smaller guy... try getting a little higher up their arm and it may come easier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarngold View Post
I like how you left your weight category options open. lol

Keep up the good work, Lynchie! Hats off to anyone that has the balls to get in the ring.
Haha... I was training MMA with the pro's today and two of them are top 12 ranked British LHW's... hard is not the word!!! Iron sharpens Lynchburg though I guess the saying goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
If you dont like the name then they are gonna keep calling you by it thats how JDS got his nickname
That name has gone thank God!!! Tequila is the official one now it seems!!!

On a side note I've really upped the training! I'm training 6 nights a week and also in the day when I can... everyday I notice improvements and I'm tapping guys who smashed me 3 months ago!

I'm training Freestyle Wrestling with a former GB member too!!! I can't wait to start competing again!

Thanks for all the support

Lynchburg
Old 11-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #59
196osh
Mendes Bros.
East Side Guru

vCash: 277

Quote:

It can be tough for the smaller guy... try getting a little higher up their arm and it may come easier
I almost never shoot for armtriangles looking to finish, if anything these days I attempt to use a JT Torres style regular triangle off the armtriangle position, its pretty good. I did it before but his way of getting it is much more clever.

If you are ever in or around Glasgow come along to BJJ Scotland dude, we can get a roll in.
196osh is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #60
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

Quote:

Right. You want to keep your hips flat and drive with your toes whilst rotating clockwise or counterclockwise as need be.
sugarngold is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum