Old 11-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #31
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: if fedor would have beaten tk and then faced couture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
It's not a bubble fella Im asking what Lindland did in that fight that makes you think the Randy fight would be interesting. Im genuinely curious
He turned up....Thats the extent of it. If anyone thinks that fight was anything remotely close to being competitive they need their head tested. No one had any interest in the fight anyway. I sure didn't.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #32
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Quote:
It's not a bubble fella Im asking what Lindland did in that fight that makes you think the Randy fight would be interesting. Im genuinely curious
The Greco wrestling which lead to a clinch from a middleweight that lead to Fedor having to hold the rope. Just that clinch alone and Fedors difficulty with it has to make you wonder.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #33
Muchmoore

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
The Greco wrestling which lead to a clinch from a middleweight that lead to Fedor having to hold the rope. Just that clinch alone and Fedors difficulty with it has to make you wonder.
I watched this early today and you have a point.

Being in Fedors guard is not where you want to be though, Randy would in all likelyhood be missing an arm even if he got Fedor down.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2012, 11:27 PM   #34
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
Well Fedor wasnt exactly known for his TDD. Coleman & Randleman both took him down pretty much on the first attempt. It's Fedor's sweeps and reversals that's the big problem for Couture. All three guys got tapped relatively easily. Randy could work the underhooks and dirty boxing, but you cant really doubt Fedors gas tank or heart waning like so many of Randys opponents and his Judo would be a huge danger in that position, as we saw against Lindland But Randy developed good sub defense, and he wont approach this like a ''bull in a China shop'' like the aforementioned guys did. He doesnt really have the chin or the right hand to punish Fedor like Hendo though if you pick the post come back version of RC, and in his 1st run his sub defense wasnt as good as it later became, so depends which version of Randy we are talking about, but Id favor Fedor to sweep and gnp any version when it does hit the mat tbh
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #35
achillesthegreat
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchmoore View Post
I watched this early today and you have a point.

Being in Fedors guard is not where you want to be though, Randy would in all likelyhood be missing an arm even if he got Fedor down.
Exactly. Likewise his boxing left much to be desired technically but he punched to finish and that often lead to a finish or submission follow up i.e. Tim Sylvia.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #36
achillesthegreat
East Side VIP

Quote:
Well Fedor wasnt exactly known for his TDD. Coleman & Randleman both took him down pretty much on the first attempt. It's Fedor's sweeps and reversals that's the big problem for Couture. All three guys got tapped relatively easily. Randy could work the underhooks and dirty boxing, but you cant really doubt Fedors gas tank or heart waning like so many of Randys opponents and his Judo would be a huge danger in that position, as we saw against Lindland But Randy developed good sub defense, and he wont approach this like a ''bull in a China shop'' like the aforementioned guys did. He doesnt really have the chin or the right hand to punish Fedor like Hendo though if you pick the post come back version of RC, and in his 1st run his sub defense wasnt as good as it later became, so depends which version of Randy we are talking about, but Id favor Fedor to sweep and gnp any version when it does hit the mat tbh
Coleman and Randleman are valid examples too, which is why I expect Randy to make it very interesting while it lasted. As I outlined in my first post, Fedors aggressive submission attacks and ko power makes it very difficult to survive the whole fight or not go into a shell ala CC.

Randys strategic approach is what would ensure he doesn't cause 10 seconds trouble before a highlight stoppage. Older, smaller Randy had a good time with Nog, Brock etc You'd suspect he'd be a much happier man with a similar size individual, especially in his prime. As I mentioned, I expect Randy to make it interesting while it lasted but Fedors jits and power to either finish the fight or at worse win the rounds.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #37
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I agree achilles, and in the cage Randy winning by cuts would be a big possibility. I think it's not a stretch to say that Fedor takes this 9 times out of 10 though. randy's jab worked very well against Chuck and Tim, but I think he would eat some leather when Fedor hit a lead left counter. Now obviously Chuck is the premiere example of counter punching in MMA aside from maybe Lyoto, but he just didnt show it in the 1st fight with RC.
Stoo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum