boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 11:30 PM   #16
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wild West of Sydney
Posts: 3,331
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Strikeforce set to close its doors in January; Females to the UFC

One thing I will say about women fighters. 99% of them regardless of skill level always fight hard... To be honest most show more ***** then male fighters . Love seeing the chicks swing for the fences
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2012, 11:33 PM   #17
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,593
vCash: 177
Default Re: Strikeforce set to close its doors in January; Females to the UFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziebattler View Post
One thing I will say about women fighters. 99% of them regardless of skill level always fight hard... To be honest most show more ***** then male fighters . Love seeing the chicks swing for the fences
Yeah they do, you have to give them credit for that.

I think one reason for it is that they feel they have something to prove, and also they don't really have the power to knock each other senseless with one shot.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #18
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: Strikeforce set to close its doors in January; Females to the UFC

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:49 PM   #19
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,593
vCash: 177
Default Re: Strikeforce set to close its doors in January; Females to the UFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
That's about as hard a shot as you'll see land, and she's still conscious and moving to defend herself.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:54 PM   #20
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: Strikeforce set to close its doors in January; Females to the UFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
That's about as hard a shot as you'll see land, and she's still conscious and moving to defend herself.

Oh, I wasn't at all replying to you though

If I was I would have posted this one

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:52 AM   #21
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 376
vCash: 500
Default Re: Strikeforce set to close its doors in January; Females to the UFC

Women are suppose to be a thing of beauty and elegance......... what's happened to society
LeBeave is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:05 AM   #22
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,415
vCash: 500
Default Re: Strikeforce set to close its doors in January; Females to the UFC

If Ronda Rousey folding Miesha Tates arm back on itself isn't beautiful and elegant, I don't know what is.
Primate is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:10 AM   #23
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 40,451
vCash: 75
Default Re: Strikeforce set to close its doors in January; Females to the UFC

I think there will be one female fight a year. I can't see UFC allowing the female contenders to fight on main cards, so I think they will give Ronda a fight every now and then and that will be it.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:11 AM   #24
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 40,451
vCash: 75
Default Re: Strikeforce set to close its doors in January; Females to the UFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Yeah they do, you have to give them credit for that.

I think one reason for it is that they feel they have something to prove, and also they don't really have the power to knock each other senseless with one shot.

This is a shocking ****ysis. They're not tough enough to take each others shots either
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:18 AM   #25
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: Strikeforce set to close its doors in January; Females to the UFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
I think there will be one female fight a year. I can't see UFC allowing the female contenders to fight on main cards, so I think they will give Ronda a fight every now and then and that will be it.
It will be kinda hard to build contenders that way. I wouldn't be surprised if they just threw female fights on the undercards of free cards for the first little bit. I wouldn't expect to see any female fights on PPV's unless it is Ronda/title fight for a while.

You can't just count on Ronda. It wouldn't be worth it.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:30 AM   #26
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: And the NEW...
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Strikeforce set to close its doors in January; Females to the UFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
They should have octagon boys holding up the round numbers during the women's fights, just for the laughs.

My gaydar is going off the charts here guys.
Axe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:38 AM   #27
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,593
vCash: 177
Default Re: Strikeforce set to close its doors in January; Females to the UFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
This is a shocking ****ysis. They're not tough enough to take each others shots either
Women are smaller and less powerful than men.

Any reason why smaller male fighters knock each other senseless less frequently than bigger, stronger male fighters do?

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:40 AM   #28
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 40,451
vCash: 75
Default Re: Strikeforce set to close its doors in January; Females to the UFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Women are smaller and less powerful than men.

Any reason why smaller male fighters knock each other senseless less frequently than bigger, stronger male fighters do?

Light flyweight boxers would disagree.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:42 AM   #29
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 40,451
vCash: 75
Default Re: Strikeforce set to close its doors in January; Females to the UFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
It will be kinda hard to build contenders that way. I wouldn't be surprised if they just threw female fights on the undercards of free cards for the first little bit. I wouldn't expect to see any female fights on PPV's unless it is Ronda/title fight for a while.

You can't just count on Ronda. It wouldn't be worth it.
Dana himself said there isn't enough for a division. Think they'll let Invicta take care of the 'contenders' and snap them up every so often to be snapped by Ronda.

Think Rousey will be use as quite a gimmicky attraction. Think she'll headline cards and squash everyone until there are enough fighters.

Interesting to see how Zuffa handles it, I'll say that much.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:46 AM   #30
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: Strikeforce set to close its doors in January; Females to the UFC

If Dana doesn't think that there is enough talent for a division, I think that this whole thing is premature and stupid.

they brought in flyweight with very few big names, so I don't see why they can't bring in a female bantam division with the small amount of 'big' names that there are.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015