Old 11-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #31
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Joel Casey Back in Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left hook View Post
Fair enough mate , I probably read it the wrong way . In all seriousness though it is a shocking look for boxing . Each time he appears in the paper the heading always says BOXER. Why do the media have to do this ?
..sweet as..
darkhorse is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2012, 08:00 AM   #32
kingkam

Ahhh haaaaa.the only show Joel has been running up in Townsville is the repeats of underbelly in his head.just a thug standover who would turn on anyone if the cash is right.how any judge would give him bail is beyond me.guaranteed he would not turn to water against anyone inside or outside the ring,but guaranteed there is a shit load of boys up there who would destroy him in/out of the ring.but flippin blokes like that in the street would probably escalate over time until someone ends up shot or in jail......
kingkam is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 08:15 AM   #33
The Kirwan Kid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
..I grew up in Townsville too joog..Garbutt/Vincent/Kirwan..had abit of exposure to the working class types..
..but seriously..do you honestly think that Casey would go to water outside the ring?
Not at all mate. I was just making a point that just because he is a decent fighter who has a real dig in a controlled environment doesn't mean he's going to wipe the floor with people left right at centre. Theres sone nasty buggers fliating around! I know those areas well. Went to heatley high for a while and used to go to Castle Hill PCYC. Small world! Nice to meet ya!
The Kirwan Kid is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #34
oba carr
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

If you hang around this new breed of wanna be tough guy gangsters then what do you expect. This is a great example of the youth of today, "get a neck tatt, get a sleeve, **** putting any thought into my future and we'll see how I end up."
He is hanging with clueless deadheads that keep telling him hes going to be champ of the world and its just stupid.
Maybe someone should have pulled him aside after the Vlamis fight and told him to think about putting some energys into something else besides being a B grade pug and a E grade crook. And no that is not a crack at him as fighter as he is enjoyable to watch.
oba carr is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #35
ryan711

I known Joel for a while now and since he moved back to Townsville things and been going down hill for him.Joel 8-12mths ago brought a 10 year kid a pair of nike shoes to train in 1 day now all this shit just going down hill :(
ryan711 is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 10:35 PM   #36
Bwgcolman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I don't think Joel's a criminal mastermind, he's just a young fella who has made some poor life choices and now he has to face the consequences. He isn't the first boxer to get caught up in trouble with the police and you can be sure he won't be the last. Unfortunately boxing is a sport where sometimes impressionable young men are corrupted by those that hang around the scene.

I hope he keeps his head down as where he is heading the men don't follow the marquess of queensberry.
Bwgcolman is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 10:44 PM   #37
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kirwan Kid View Post
Not at all mate. I was just making a point that just because he is a decent fighter who has a real dig in a controlled environment doesn't mean he's going to wipe the floor with people left right at centre. Theres sone nasty buggers fliating around! I know those areas well. Went to heatley high for a while and used to go to Castle Hill PCYC. Small world! Nice to meet ya!
..yeah mate..i get your point on scrappin' in/outsde the ring..I do hold a similar veiw..
..and yeah..I was a regular at the Castle PCYC..about 15 odd years ago..had a few fights for Gonz back then..
darkhorse is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #38
Left hook
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Only drama is Joel is nearly 30 now , so could hardly say he is young and impressionable .
Left hook is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #39
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

what a ****wit
Straight Shoota is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum