Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 04-11-2008, 10:52 PM   #1
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Shane Mosley Vs Tito Trinidad

During the build up to Shane vs Winky in early 2004, there were talks about a possible Trinidad-Mosley showdown....If Shane had either avoided this fight or managed to beat Winky (LOL) what would have happened here. This is not a match up of primes rather a late 04 early 05 match up. Who would win and how?
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2008, 02:14 PM   #2
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Shane Mosley Vs Tito Trinidad

Well since it seems that I am the only one interested in this fight...I would give a clear nod to Shane if this fight takes place at 154. I think at this point (particularly the 3 winky fights) Shane had more tools in place than Tito. I don't know how Shane would fare at 160, but if I were a betting man I would place it ($$$) on Shane there as well!
Old 04-12-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

I prefer a prime-prime match up. Either way its an interesting match up, Mosley the quicker better boxer, Trinidad the stalk and kill operator.

I think the thing that suits Trinidad is Mosley's defense can be very open and can let him down. If Trinidad can unload and land counters I would pick him to stop Mosley.

On the other hand Mosley beat the Delahoya that everyone had beating Tito. Shouldn't Mosley be able to do the same as Hoya?

On the third hand Mosley got caught and countered by Forrest so Tito could do the same more emphatically although Tito isn't as quick/rangy as Forrest

I lean towards Tito in both scenarios but I definately have a preferance for Tito anyway so I maybe biased. I think Tito has become underestimated based on his comeback fights which were way past his prime and above optimal weight
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2008, 02:39 PM   #4
pryorgatti
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Very good matchup.

Prime for prime I lean towards Trinidad via late TKO.
pryorgatti is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2008, 02:52 PM   #5
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryorgatti
Very good matchup.

Prime for prime I lean towards Trinidad via late TKO.
Difficult to compare primes? Tito's was at welter? While Shane was still a very good welter, I believe his best years were spent at light weight. i like both, but would probably still lean towards Shane.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:00 PM   #6
pryorgatti
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Yes Tito's prime was at welter even if he was a great 154lber. I just think Tito is the more powerful power boxer here.
pryorgatti is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2008, 03:26 PM   #7
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan69
Difficult to compare primes? Tito's was at welter? While Shane was still a very good welter, I believe his best years were spent at light weight. i like both, but would probably still lean towards Shane.
Shanes prime was versus Delahoya at Welter, that was his best performance. He didnt fight any of the top guys at Lightweight and weighed 155 on fight night at 135 so he must of been drained to high heaven at that weight
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2008, 04:29 PM   #8
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Trinidad TKO 10

Unlike Hopkins and Wright, Shane isn't a great defensive fighter. And he couldn't go 12 rounds giving lateral movement and boxing like De La Hoya was able to do. He never had any objections to getting into a slugfest. I see Trinidad landing the harder shots throughout, holding his own from mid-range because he had a more authorative jab, and softening Mosley up for a late stoppage.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2008, 04:49 PM   #9
mightyd40
Spartan
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
Trinidad TKO 10

Unlike Hopkins and Wright, Shane isn't a great defensive fighter. And he couldn't go 12 rounds giving lateral movement and boxing like De La Hoya was able to do. He never had any objections to getting into a slugfest. I see Trinidad landing the harder shots throughout, holding his own from mid-range because he had a more authorative jab, and softening Mosley up for a late stoppage.
i respect that pick but i have it the other way around, to me shane is the superior fighter and though i see him taking a few hard shots in this fight i would expect his faster hands to land first and get to tito to often for him to handle. shanes chin and heart would allow him to handle the tito shots that did get through.i would pick shane by late stoppage anywhere from the 8th round on
mightyd40 is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2008, 06:34 AM   #10
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher
Shanes prime was versus Delahoya at Welter, that was his best performance. He didnt fight any of the top guys at Lightweight and weighed 155 on fight night at 135 so he must of been drained to high heaven at that weight
The Shane that fought oscar was very good and possibly even a prime version (although that is always speculation). I am not sure it was his best performance. I agree it was a compelling (although debated result wise) victory showcasing shane at the highest level against the BIGGEST name he could find. But for me his best performances were 98 vs Molinia and Leija. I am not going by fight night weights, but rather the class he fought in..I believe he was still formidibal enough at higher weights to beat trinidad though>
Old 04-13-2008, 08:01 AM   #11
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP

i think mosley could out hustle him trinidad always kept behind the gaurd and somtimes got stuck behind it when peopel throw combo's. a main reaosn why de la hoya was so effective.

shane isnt good defencivly very talented but he will take shots to land...very rare from an elite amatuer and considered the next roy jones. but point is he isnt worried about taking shots so he will be aggresive enough to overcome the taller fighter.

im seeing a more of a workrate win by mosley.
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #12
ThinBlack
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Probably a draw, but it's a slight possibility that Shane could edge Felix.
ThinBlack is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum