boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 11-09-2012, 06:32 PM   #16
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: I like getting hit, and I'm going to spar for first time tomorrow. Need advice?

Your first time sparring, you'll get hit. You'll get hit the thousandth time you spar.

Sounds really stupid, but it's the best advice I was ever given and the best I've ever gave out.

You'll have a hundred thoughts going through your head when you start, it is vital that you breathe. Sounds stupid, but I think maybe seven out of ten people get so caught up in what their doing, that they forget to breathe properly, and weaken themselves as a result.

Breathe.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #17
TheRat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 105
Default Re: I like getting hit, and I'm going to spar for first time tomorrow. Need advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJS19 View Post
Your first time sparring, you'll get hit. You'll get hit the thousandth time you spar.

Sounds really stupid, but it's the best advice I was ever given and the best I've ever gave out.

You'll have a hundred thoughts going through your head when you start, it is vital that you breathe. Sounds stupid, but I think maybe seven out of ten people get so caught up in what their doing, that they forget to breathe properly, and weaken themselves as a result.

Breathe.
yeah breathe, you'll get really tired if you don't. If you don't breathe you'll only last 2 rounds.
TheRat is online now  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #18
str1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
Basically, I spar with my friend (who is an amateur boxer) and sometimes we go slow, other times we go quite hard. But in general, I actually don't mind being hit. Obviously, I don't stand there and let him hit me, but when I do get hit, I don't get scared about getting hit again.

Anyway, I am planning to spar at my local boxing gym tomorrow. I have just joined and I asked if I could spar because I know the basics since I've taught myself from videos and books. So the trainer is going to throw me in with another amateur, but this guy has only had 1 fight.

Do I fight him with a walk forward style, or should I box him? I just thought that because I don't mind getting hit, I can just try and walk him down, and make him tired then capitalize.

Thoughts?

My advice will be for you to block with your face every single punch your opponent throws. That is sure to get your opponent tired and you can have more chance to KTFO since he will be tired from hitting...err...throwing punches while you were blocking them all with your face. Good Luck! I am sure those videos from YouTube you studied and the advice you get here on ESB will make you an ATG!
str1 is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #19
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat View Post
yeah breathe, you'll get really tired if you don't. If you don't breathe you'll only last 2 rounds.
First time, I could hardly even hold my arms up after a round Gloves weigh an absoloute tonne when you're exhausted.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #20
Jai C
Belt holder
ESB Addict

If you like to be hit, why do you need advice. Don't protect yourself at any time and you'll be fine. Hands down and chin out.
Jai C is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #21
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

Bull****, nobody likes getting hit, and if you do.. you're in the wrong sport.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #22
TheRat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJS19 View Post
First time, I could hardly even hold my arms up after a round Gloves weigh an absoloute tonne when you're exhausted.
yeah happened to me too, it's very embarrassing.
TheRat is online now  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #23
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat View Post
yeah happened to me too, it's very embarrassing.
It's happened to us all.

Also common: unconsciously developing a tell before throwing a certain punch or combo. In my case, taking a little too hard of a quick breath before throwing a jab. An instructor friend of mine was dominating me until he told me what I was doing.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #24
PR BOXING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Have Mcgirt close so he can pull the plug if things go bad
PR BOXING is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #25
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 253

Why is this in the general discussion post it in the amateur boxing section. There's a slight trickle of arrogance in your post so you're gonna have people post some sarcastic comments.
r1p00pk is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #26
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 461

You like getting hit??? I guess you friend daoesnt have any power in his punches, dont know whats there to like sometimes my jaw hurts for a few days after sparring not enjoyable at all, plus in boxing your objective is to hit and not get hit...
FilipMNE is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #27
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

I could spar you, I promise you wouldn't like getting hit after our session.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #28
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
I could spar you, I promise you wouldn't like getting hit after our session.
Shutup you buffoon
SJS19 is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #29
DocLouis
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1431

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR BOXING View Post
Have Mcgirt close so he can pull the plug if things go bad
BONUS: he'll keep you well hydrated.
DocLouis is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #30
PIPO23
Champion
East Side Guru

Punch them on the ***** to get a stoppage and improve your sparring record to 1 win 22 losses and 1 win by stoppage.
PIPO23 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing