Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-11-2012, 05:02 AM   #1
Maxsplit
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default "After fights with ***ton, Harrison & Skelton, Price needs 1 more fight before Wlad"

According to Frank Maloney

The stellar CV of Price's best wins: McDermott, Sam ***ton, Audley Harrison & Matt Skelton has meticulously prepared David Price to go into the ring with Wladimir.

He just needs one 'tune up fight' and he'll be ready.

Realistically, having fought at this level Price is going to be every bit as out of his depth as the 6'8 unbeaten Wach was.

It would surely be suicide to send the previously supremely chinny Price [in the ams] to a packed German arena to get his first EVER pro fight chin check against Wlad?

If Wlad lands as quickly and powerfully as he did against Wach [23 seconds] then the fight would be over even quicker than Price vs Audley

Let's not also forget that Wach BEAT Price very handily the ams - before people start saying how rubbish Wach is!
Maxsplit is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2012, 05:32 AM   #2
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 3553
Default Re: "After fights with ***ton, Harrison & Skelton, Price needs 1 more fight before Wl

Frank Baloney made an total ass of himself last night... between all his other stupid remarks, he came up with that sick "saved 10%" crap too.

Price has feasted on domestic level up 'till now, and not even the highest domestic level for obvious reasons. Now old ass Skelton and then a tuneup gets him somehow ready?!? I'd be very surprised if it even puts him into the contender lists of one of the alphabet belts.
Robney is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2012, 05:44 AM   #3
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: "After fights with ***ton, Harrison & Skelton, Price needs 1 more fight before Wl

Mismatch probably wants a 25% cut of a purse from a Wlad fight, hypocritical twat.

Hopefully Price walks out on him just before that, and leaves him without.

Considering what your trainer does for you compared to your manager, it's the trainer who should get more money.

Lots of ''managers'' are managers in name only. They don't act in the best interests of their fighter all that often.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2012, 06:17 AM   #4
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Manning is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2012, 06:26 AM   #5
Steampacket

Maloney has never came across well. He's full of crap and his comments last night were disgraceful. He needs to give Price a decent test before even considering Wladimir. Price has soundly beaten the opposition he has faced which to be frank were all pretty dire especially when you are trying to get into world title contention. Better still Price should distance himself from this piece of shit.
Steampacket is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2012, 06:34 AM   #6
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

he needs at least 3 more fights

Skelton
Dimitrenko
Helenius

win those and thats the earliest id put him in with Wlad

it's got to be said though, Wlad will be 37 in a few months, and at some stage that's going to start to effect him
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2012, 06:48 AM   #7
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post

Skelton
Dimitrenko
Helenius

it's got to be said though, Wlad will be 37 in a few months, and at some stage that's going to start to effect him
I don't think he'll age as well as his brother either with Wlad's game based on speed and power with perfect technique compared to Vitali's toughness and walk you down style. Still has yet to show any signs of slowing down yet though.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2012, 06:55 AM   #8
Peter__1987

vCash:

I like Price but Wlad takes him to school right now.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #9
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
I like Price but Wlad takes him to school right now.
I agree, Price is still a novice, Wlad is a 50+ fight veteran of nigh on a decade of world championship level fighting

It's not a fair matchup in any regard
Old 11-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #10
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

I think Price and Fury can do ok with Wlad at this stage i mean Wach is just that!. But i do feel Price would be sparked. I think Fury's toughness and natural fighting make up and willingness to have a row might ruffle Wlad's prized feathers more then Price but i think Price could do himself justice against Wlad and Vitali he'd had a chance with IMO.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #11
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
I think Price and Fury can do ok with Wlad at this stage i mean Wach is just that!. But i do feel Price would be sparked. I think Fury's toughness and natural fighting make up and willingness to have a row might ruffle Wlad's prized feathers more then Price but i think Price could do himself justice against Wlad and Vitali he'd had a chance with IMO.
Fury has a bit more chance right now based on his tougness, but with Price i feel the more development the more his chances go up

There is no way Wlad has got a better chin than Price, even last night he got hit with an ok shot at one point and was definatley affected, if Price landed a hard right hand, Wlad would be on queer street.

The thing is obviously Wlad has a better chance to land at the moment due to experiance.

I don't think either is too much more of a mismatch than the likes of Wach and Mormeck though
Old 11-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #12
Masterclass2012
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Price and Fury are donny youts but my man maloney needs to calm down dere r bare heads in da heavyweight div and his boy needs to holla at da euro title and man like chisora mormeck wilder before he bucks wladamir still
Masterclass2012 is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #13
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Fury has a bit more chance right now based on his tougness, but with Price i feel the more development the more his chances go up

There is no way Wlad has got a better chin than Price, even last night he got hit with an ok shot at one point and was definatley affected, if Price landed a hard right hand, Wlad would be on queer street.

The thing is obviously Wlad has a better chance to land at the moment due to experiance.

I don't think either is too much more of a mismatch than the likes of Wach and Mormeck though
Spot On Earl , They can go in with a solid mindset and belief and let the shots go they can do some damage.

The plan is slightly easier for them as there bigger men compared to many men who've failed the Wlad test. But these guys could see some success and do themselves justice in defeat for sure.

I'd really fancy there chances against Vitali though TBH.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #14
Masterclass2012
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Price could not buck vitali right about now standard!
Masterclass2012 is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #15
I Shot JR
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Skelton
Dimitrenko
Helenius

I agree he needs to fight Helenius and probably Pulev (which is a 50/50 fight in my opinion) before tackling Wlad.
I Shot JR is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum