Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #46
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,566
vCash: 86
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko Should Fight Kubrat Pulev Next And Nobody Else

If theres one fighter who will never be ready , its Huck.
dinovelvet is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #47
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,605
vCash: 330
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko Should Fight Kubrat Pulev Next And Nobody Else

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
If theres one fighter who will never be ready , its Huck.
Huck fought a great fight against Povetkin. he's also the best CW in the world, I see him as very worthy.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #48
derrick
6ft4 215 bring it on
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: West Palm beach in my log truck
Posts: 3,349
vCash: 533
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko Should Fight Kubrat Pulev Next And Nobody Else

Will you gay WLad nuthuggers shut up about Huck. Wlad fans like to see him fight guys 50 pound smaller than him. Even the nuthuggers don't trust Wlads chin.
derrick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #49
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,415
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko Should Fight Kubrat Pulev Next And Nobody Else

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
Huck fought a great fight against Povetkin. he's also the best CW in the world, I see him as very worthy.
He lost to Arslan and Lebedev.

Against Chagaev Povetkin had a 3 week camp and came in at a career high weight yet still threw 50-60 punches per round no problem. Against Huck he was almost falling over from exhaustion after 4 rounds. If you aren't objective enough to ackwnowledge that Povetkin was the worst he's ever looked and his conditioning was so bad it was almost inexplicable then there's no sense having a rational discussion. Using your logic we should rate every fighter off their worst performance and at his worst Povetkin still won.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #50
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,566
vCash: 86
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko Should Fight Kubrat Pulev Next And Nobody Else

Price should fight Fury first than Wlad. The winner would make for a huge event.
dinovelvet is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #51
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,605
vCash: 330
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko Should Fight Kubrat Pulev Next And Nobody Else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
He lost to Arslan and Lebedev.

Against Chagaev Povetkin had a 3 week camp and came in at a career high weight yet still threw 50-60 punches per round no problem. Against Huck he was almost falling over from exhaustion after 4 rounds. If you aren't objective enough to ackwnowledge that Povetkin was the worst he's ever looked and his conditioning was so bad it was almost inexplicable then there's no sense having a rational discussion. Using your logic we should rate every fighter off their worst performance and at his worst Povetkin still won.
I had him drawing with Arslan and beating Lebedev.

Well it's Povetkin's fault if he undertrained isn't it. That's like saying Tyson should still have been champ because he took Douglas lightly, or Lewis should still have been champ because he took Rahman lightly. It's a fighter's responsibility to get themselves ready for a big fight.

But fine, don't have a rational discussion, I don't expect one in the GF anyways.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #52
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,605
vCash: 330
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko Should Fight Kubrat Pulev Next And Nobody Else

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrick View Post
Will you gay WLad nuthuggers shut up about Huck. Wlad fans like to see him fight guys 50 pound smaller than him. Even the nuthuggers don't trust Wlads chin.
well the Ring recently did a survey where they pitted him against the likes of Louis, Marciano, Patterson, Frazier and other champs of bygone years. Are they huggers too?

Speaking of Wlad nuthugging, the way you hyped up Wach was pathetic. Hyping a shit opponent just so your hero looks better when he dominates him is stupidly fanboyish. Spend less time sucking Wlad off and more time watching the sport.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:58 PM   #53
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko Should Fight Kubrat Pulev Next And Nobody Else

Quote:
Originally Posted by On The Money View Post
Wach was rated inside the 15 of all four organisations, lets not forget that guys are ducking Wlad. Pulev is probably another ducker.
How can you call a guy with less than 20 fights a ducker? That like saying Wlad was ducking Holyfield, Tyson and Lewis when he had less than 20 fights...its ridiculous!
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:58 PM   #54
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,566
vCash: 86
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko Should Fight Kubrat Pulev Next And Nobody Else

Huck lost 8 rounds to Arslan, clearly. Huck is an enjoyable fighter but he has no business in the ring against Wlad, for his own saftey. Keep him at CW , at fight with Chambers is more appealing.
dinovelvet is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #55
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,605
vCash: 330
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko Should Fight Kubrat Pulev Next And Nobody Else

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Huck lost 8 rounds to Arslan, clearly. Huck is an enjoyable fighter but he has no business in the ring against Wlad, for his own saftey. Keep him at CW , at fight with Chambers is more appealing.
maybe to you he did, but boxing is a subjective sport and I disagreed when I watched the fight.

based on his performance against Povetkin (a guy I'd like to see Wlad face) he's earnt it.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #56
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,415
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko Should Fight Kubrat Pulev Next And Nobody Else

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
I had him drawing with Arslan and beating Lebedev.

Well it's Povetkin's fault if he undertrained isn't it. That's like saying Tyson should still have been champ because he took Douglas lightly, or Lewis should still have been champ because he took Rahman lightly. It's a fighter's responsibility to get themselves ready for a big fight.

But fine, don't have a rational discussion, I don't expect one in the GF anyways.
No clown

Losing to that version of Povetkin should not lead any objective observer to the conclusion that he would have any chance against Volodymyr or is an acceptable opponent, something which you claim.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #57
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,605
vCash: 330
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko Should Fight Kubrat Pulev Next And Nobody Else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
No clown

Losing to that version of Povetkin should not lead any objective observer to the conclusion that he would have any chance against Volodymyr or is an acceptable opponent, something which you claim.
yes clown

he beat him on my card and that's why i think he's acceptable
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #58
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,587
vCash: 1449
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko Should Fight Kubrat Pulev Next And Nobody Else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magges View Post
That would be ****ing awesome. Unfortunately Povetkin is not to keen on taking risks.. If he is allowed to he would fight the ghost of some hasbeen
Manning is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #59
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,587
vCash: 1449
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko Should Fight Kubrat Pulev Next And Nobody Else

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Fighters who are world champs dont need to time to "develop". Haye had one 1 HW weight fight before he fought and beat Valeuv for the world title. Ward didn't need time to "develop" when he enterd into the super6. Povektin has been developing into Homer Simpson. He was a far better fighter 3 -4 years ago.
False.
Manning is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #60
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko Should Fight Kubrat Pulev Next And Nobody Else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
No clown

Losing to that version of Povetkin should not lead any objective observer to the conclusion that he would have any chance against Volodymyr or is an acceptable opponent, something which you claim.
What is "that" version? Isn't Povetkin in his prime? We can't just pick and choose which individual fights to judge a fighter on. That said, northern Huck nor Povetkin will stand a chance against Wlad.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013