Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #16
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,949
vCash: 2746
Default Re: WBA Middleweight Interim Title fight - Nov 24 - UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
Maybe he knows his limitations.
He may die wondering
StiffJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2012, 07:34 AM   #17
Mr Packer
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
Default Re: WBA Middleweight Interim Title fight - Nov 24 - UK

on one thread/side you bitch about the WBA doing this. But then on the other thread/side you say its okay for the IBF to simply brush the mandate fight aside and allow a big money fight to happen. Cant have it both ways.

Boxing is promoter and title sanction body. UFC is both.
Mr Packer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #18
Ned Kelly
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 151
vCash: 500
Default Re: WBA Middleweight Interim Title fight - Nov 24 - UK

It would have been a huge oppurtunity for Robbie Bryant. It makes no sence to turn down a Interim World Title. Then defend the PABA belt. Having met Robbie i know he wouldnt have refused the fight. His management must have declined the fight.
Ned Kelly is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #19
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale was weight drained
Posts: 9,806
vCash: 75
Default Re: WBA Middleweight Interim Title fight - Nov 24 - UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
He may die wondering
True but Murray beats him badly. He's not at that level yet if ever.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #20
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale was weight drained
Posts: 9,806
vCash: 75
Default Re: WBA Middleweight Interim Title fight - Nov 24 - UK

Alot of people knocked back the Murray according to this.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #21
TheManBearPig
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 175
vCash: 500
Default Re: WBA Middleweight Interim Title fight - Nov 24 - UK

Quote:
on one thread/side you bitch about the WBA doing this. But then on the other thread/side you say its okay for the IBF to simply brush the mandate fight aside and allow a big money fight to happen. Cant have it both ways.

Boxing is promoter and title sanction body. UFC is both.
FFS shut the **** up. You have been told repeatedly that the mandatory is going to take place yet it doesn't seem to get through your thick head. You've already embarrassed yourself enough with your lack of boxing knowledge so **** off to the MMA forums, you ignorant moron.
TheManBearPig is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:15 AM   #22
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,949
vCash: 2746
Default Re: WBA Middleweight Interim Title fight - Nov 24 - UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Packer View Post
on one thread/side you bitch about the WBA doing this. But then on the other thread/side you say its okay for the IBF to simply brush the mandate fight aside and allow a big money fight to happen. Cant have it both ways.

Boxing is promoter and title sanction body. UFC is both.
How many interim titles do the IBF have going around at the moment? Soliman can wait

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
StiffJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:21 AM   #23
Mr Packer
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
Default Re: WBA Middleweight Interim Title fight - Nov 24 - UK

Sorry MrManBearPig< I must just not understand it all. Can you correct me in how I see it.

Sam Soliman fought bouts to gain the No1 contender position. IBF champion Geale is due to fight his manatory Soliman by December 8. The IBF gave a special excemption for Geale to fight Mundine, to delay the mandatory. The special reason for the delay is that a Mundine fight creates more money.

Is correct? If so is it right? Is it good for boxing to have a system were an org allows a mandatory to be bypassed for a big money fight against a guy who does not even have a belt from another org? Is this good for boxing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManBearPig View Post
FFS shut the **** up. You have been told repeatedly that the mandatory is going to take place yet it doesn't seem to get through your thick head. You've already embarrassed yourself enough with your lack of boxing knowledge so **** off to the MMA forums, you ignorant moron.
Mr Packer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #24
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale was weight drained
Posts: 9,806
vCash: 75
Default Re: WBA Middleweight Interim Title fight - Nov 24 - UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Packer View Post
Sorry MrManBearPig< I must just not understand it all. Can you correct me in how I see it.

Sam Soliman fought bouts to gain the No1 contender position. IBF champion Geale is due to fight his manatory Soliman by December 8. The IBF gave a special excemption for Geale to fight Mundine, to delay the mandatory. The special reason for the delay is that a Mundine fight creates more money.

Is correct? If so is it right? Is it good for boxing to have a system were an org allows a mandatory to be bypassed for a big money fight against a guy who does not even have a belt from another org? Is this good for boxing?
It happens all the time certain boxers have influence with sanctioning bodies. Mundine is a bigger draw and has bigger influence than Soliman. Mundine used his influence to get a title shot at Soliman a MW when Kessler unified. He also had a voluntary defence against his mate Nader Hamden who was 3 wins 2 losses from memory before he fought Mundine with the best win being Porky Lovatt. No way would Nader of been WBA top 15 without some creative ranking from the WBA. At least Mundine-Geale is not a shit match up and if the first fight is any indication will be a great fight.
Soliman will have to wait. Thats just the way it is.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #25
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale was weight drained
Posts: 9,806
vCash: 75
Default Re: WBA Middleweight Interim Title fight - Nov 24 - UK

Looks like if Murray wins this he will get a crack at the ***y one.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #26
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,949
vCash: 2746
Default Re: WBA Middleweight Interim Title fight - Nov 24 - UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
Looks like if Murray wins this he will get a crack at the ***y one.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
That pretty much mean they see Murray as a tune up fight to Gealzaghe
StiffJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #27
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,934
vCash: 75
Default Re: WBA Middleweight Interim Title fight - Nov 24 - UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
Looks like if Murray wins this he will get a crack at the ***y one.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Some journos get some good mail.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #28
ALTogethernow
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 671
vCash: 500
Default Re: WBA Middleweight Interim Title fight - Nov 24 - UK

Murray is way better than Geale!
ALTogethernow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:48 PM   #29
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,949
vCash: 2746
Default Re: WBA Middleweight Interim Title fight - Nov 24 - UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTogethernow View Post
Murray is way better than Geale!
Man you crazy kim

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
StiffJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:05 AM   #30
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,932
vCash: 346
Default Re: WBA Middleweight Interim Title fight - Nov 24 - UK

So not only is Geale ducking GGG and Soliman, he is now ducking Martinez lol
TCboxa is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013