Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 11-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #16
J.R.
No Mames Guey
East Side Guru

vCash: 107
Default Re: I'm 0-7 should i quit?

Dominick Guinn lost something like 20 of his first amateur fights, (I'll have to cheack on that exact number) but he went on to be a pro and an undefeated prospect for a while there.

By the way, there are tons of amateur fighters with several upon several losses on their records who are actually prety good fighters. That's the am's for ya. So you're not an original, you're just one of the many.
J.R. is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2012, 11:43 PM   #17
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

As said above it depends on how the fights went, who you fought and how you feel. If they were close fights your record doesnt mean **** its just luck, theres a guy in my gym just lost his first two fights and hes an absolute beast improving so much everyday and the second loss was apparently the worst decision. Also you're 21 shut the **** up, lad at my gym started at 20 but didnt fight for years, 26 won state title and is going for nationals this month.

Don't give a **** what anyone else thinks about your record, any one whos boxed and knows the sport won't think **** about it and any one who does give you grief doesn't know **** about the sport.

I know its a bit different but I played cricket with a team for about 4/5years and we didn't win a single game. Not one. I still went along cos I liked the guys and enjoyed it, I stopped when I moved away but I would've happily continued losing for several more years.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 05:03 AM   #18
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

It's you vs you...
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 05:57 AM   #19
Bazzel
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

I went 0-2 as an amature in my late teens and had to quit down to poor eyesight. I wish I had been able to stay in the sport rather than packing it in, smoking 40 a day on the **** all the time pilling on weight.20 s flew by

Im now 33 and trying to get back in shape/fit. Your bottle is awesome, and youve proved your resilliance by coming back. Everyone loses it doesnt make you a loser, anyone who thinks that is themselves a loser. As long as you still enjoy it and are improving,carry on. Your a boxer, most people arent anything.

Good luck, keep striving
Bazzel is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 06:19 AM   #20
Squire
Never Truly Lost
ESB Addict

vCash: 7213

Maybe a break would be a good thing. A bit of time away to think things through and clear your head. When you get back into it after a few months you may come back with new ideas and end up losing some bad habits
Squire is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #21
pichuchu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Dont quit because of what others think
Dont continue because you think people will tell you you quit.
The way i see it is you will never be a world champion and boxing will not pay your bills. So the ONLY reason to continue is if you enjoy it. We cant tell u to continue or quit its something you should choose
pichuchu is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 09:20 AM   #22
Hatake88

I lost my first bout via TKO in the 2nd round so I know how you feel mate. Take some time off (I myself didn't fight for another 6 months) and really train hard every opportunity you get. Sharpen your technique, do tons of cardio (most novice bouts are won via having good stamina plus a decent jab after all) and maybe even throw in some strength training (squats do magic in increasing the power of your hooks). Remember the lost(s) and how it made you feel as you train to motivate you.

After all, I am now 2-1-1 (the "draw" is an exhibition bout) after my initial lost. Sure, it still isn't the most mind-blowing record and I don't have a title but I am glad I haven't hung it up.

I know its a blow for anyone's confidence but believe me when I say- even the worst amateurs (and that is not even you) will beat the average punk (i.e. bench press, tapout wearing monkey) and have more guts than they will ever have.
Hatake88 is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #23
danhardinges304
Journeyman

people quit because it's easier then trying if everyone who is great quit when they were down who would we look up to never give up bite you lip and get the **** training
danhardinges304 is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 11:50 AM   #24
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

Olympic medallist Paddy Barnes lost his first 12
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #25
Hammer Muldoon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Think i read Liam Walsh lost his first 10 fights as well.
Hammer Muldoon is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #26
DyserthSpartan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Stupid thread. Never quit ever under any circumstances ever
DyserthSpartan is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #27
markiepoop
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 650

The national 60kg champion in my country lost his first 7 fights too and afterwards went on to win alot more.

If your losing 7 in a row, something has to be wrong with your training routine/style/methods. You've got to find out why you are losing, what mistakes you are making and how to improve.

Don't give up and push on. But don't do the same thing over and over again, you've got to improve and try out new methods, styles & routines. Train for another 6 months or 1 year before you take your 8th fight. Make sure you train properly with the right attitude and methodology
markiepoop is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #28
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
It's you vs you...
This.

If you want to quit then quit. If you truly wanted to be a champion the thought of quitting would never enter your mind. You seem like a talker, somebody who talks about what he/she want's but doesn't want to put the work in.

Try watching this and see if you get it -

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UizlkbS61mQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UizlkbS61mQ[/ame]

Last edited by viru§™; 11-12-2012 at 02:41 PM.
viru§™ is online now  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #29
Dennison
Guru
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
This.

If you want to quit then quit. If you truly wanted to be a champion the thought of quitting would never enter your mind. You seem like a talker, somebody who talks about what he/she want's but doesn't want to put the work in.

Try watching this and see if you get it -

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Eric Thomas talks some good ****
Dennison is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #30
devon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

If you fail 7 times does quitting make you succeed?
devon is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing