Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #106
Canibus81
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,851
vCash: 1000
Default Re: UFC on Fuel: Cung Le vs Rich Franklin RBR & Discussion w/spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarngold View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

It looks just like the JKD flick Jab the way he threw it. But the flick jab is even more deceptive and powerful. I'd like to see him get a rematch with Wanderlei Silva. He was actually doing good in that fight until he started fading.
Canibus81 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #107
Canibus81
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,851
vCash: 1000
Default Re: UFC on Fuel: Cung Le vs Rich Franklin RBR & Discussion w/spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Contreras View Post
Okay, it was from the kick that Franklin put his hands down (which we all know, you're not suppose to do), so what difference does it make?

Bottom line, his hands were suppose to be up -- it's not like he was suspicious of a takedown.
It's called habits, and you only develop habits if no one gets on you about it. And most guys who throw a low Muay Thai kick drop thier hands because their trying to put too much mustard behind the kick. That's one of the reason why I don't like Muay Thai kicks, because even though it can be powerful, it's too predictable and not fluid enough, that's why he got timed and it was by someone who's more fluid than he is.
Canibus81 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #108
Canibus81
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,851
vCash: 1000
Default Re: UFC on Fuel: Cung Le vs Rich Franklin RBR & Discussion w/spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibus81 View Post
It looks just like the JKD flick Jab the way he threw it. But the flick jab is even more deceptive and powerful. I'd like to see him get a rematch with Wanderlei Silva. He was actually doing good in that fight until he started fading.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WueXzEp88I[/ame], here's a flick jab, very similiar.
Canibus81 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #109
Aaron Contreras
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC on Fuel: Cung Le vs Rich Franklin RBR & Discussion w/spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibus81 View Post
It's called habits, and you only develop habits if no one gets on you about it. And most guys who throw a low Muay Thai kick drop thier hands because their trying to put too much mustard behind the kick. That's one of the reason why I don't like Muay Thai kicks, because even though it can be powerful, it's too predictable and not fluid enough, that's why he got timed and it was by someone who's more fluid than he is.
I really don't mean to take anything away from Le, my apologies if it's coming out that way. We all know he held the advantage in the striking department.

But it still doesn't take away from how horrible that sequence was from Franklin.
Aaron Contreras is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #110
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,515
vCash: 1000
Default Re: UFC on Fuel: Cung Le vs Rich Franklin RBR & Discussion w/spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.Boxer View Post
mmGaY standup in one hilarious nutshell - fat old short plodder scores a spectacular wide loopy ass one punch ktfo because his opponent girly-flails then drops his left to ****-level whilst reaching for the stars with his glass chin. Joke sport.
What the **** are you doing here attention whore if you don't like the sport?

Troll reported and hopefully banned from MMA forum.
PIRA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #111
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,016
vCash: 240
Default Re: UFC on Fuel: Cung Le vs Rich Franklin RBR & Discussion w/spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRA View Post
What the **** are you doing here attention whore if you don't like the sport?

Troll reported and hopefully banned from MMA forum.
What a snitch. I got a pm from Matty because of your whining you *****. I do like the sport, but if you can't handle the truth about ufc fighters' standup, maybe you should stay out of this forum.
Joe.Boxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #112
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,515
vCash: 1000
Default Re: UFC on Fuel: Cung Le vs Rich Franklin RBR & Discussion w/spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.Boxer View Post
What a snitch. I got a pm from Matty because of your whining you *****. I do like the sport, but if you can't handle the truth about ufc fighters' standup, maybe you should stay out of this forum.



Great job mods.

Don't backpedal now and say you like the sport - your post history on this forum is a joke.
And faggot a "*****" would do it behind your back instead of calling your punk arse right out. Get yourself into a MMA gym and get that stupidity elbow ****ed out of your head instead of trolling the MMA forum. **** off back to the lounge you clown.

Last edited by PIRA; 11-12-2012 at 12:50 AM.
PIRA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:15 AM   #113
Gander Tasco
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9,642
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC on Fuel: Cung Le vs Rich Franklin RBR & Discussion w/spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibus81 View Post
It looks just like the JKD flick Jab the way he threw it. But the flick jab is even more deceptive and powerful. I'd like to see him get a rematch with Wanderlei Silva. He was actually doing good in that fight until he started fading.
It was a right hook. He tried to time that punch a bunch of times before the KO.

He was actaully owning Wanderlei if my memory serves me correct, until he got caught and taken out.
Gander Tasco is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:33 AM   #114
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,269
vCash: 1000
Default Re: UFC on Fuel: Cung Le vs Rich Franklin RBR & Discussion w/spoilers

Awesome finish. Cung Le was clearly a more refined striker, the block, the counter, the accuracy, the positioning, covering the distance and keeping his eyes on the prize the whole time. Cung Le isn't flawless but Franklin was sloppy as hell. Great stuff and now he is in the mix. One or two more wins and he could get a title shot. Silva 2 would be great.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:40 AM   #115
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,016
vCash: 240
Default Re: UFC on Fuel: Cung Le vs Rich Franklin RBR & Discussion w/spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRA View Post


Great job mods.

Don't backpedal now and say you like the sport - your post history on this forum is a joke.
And faggot a "*****" would do it behind your back instead of calling your punk arse right out. Get yourself into a MMA gym and get that stupidity elbow ****ed out of your head instead of trolling the MMA forum. **** off back to the lounge you clown.
If I wanted to improve my standup, an mma gym is the last place I'd go to .

And if I didn't like the sport I wouldn't have followed it for the past 15 years. It doesn't change the fact that it's still a joke sport.

You just can't handle the truth!

Snitch mother****er.

Sussed!
Joe.Boxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #116
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,515
vCash: 1000
Default Re: UFC on Fuel: Cung Le vs Rich Franklin RBR & Discussion w/spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.Boxer View Post
If I wanted to improve my standup, an mma gym is the last place I'd go to .

And if I didn't like the sport I wouldn't have followed it for the past 15 years. It doesn't change the fact that it's still a joke sport.

You just can't handle the truth!

Snitch mother****er.

Sussed!
15 years and the best this cunt has got is "MMA gay....blah,blah,blah". Must have followed it as a foetus "cause this girl is nothing more than a teenage bitch.

Improve your standup and haul your bitch arse out of the armchair and into the kitchen. Or sit back on your lounge and **** off back to the lounge forum where you belong.
PIRA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #117
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,016
vCash: 240
Default Re: UFC on Fuel: Cung Le vs Rich Franklin RBR & Discussion w/spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRA View Post
15 years and the best this cunt has got is "MMA gay....blah,blah,blah". Must have followed it as a foetus "cause this girl is nothing more than a teenage bitch.

Improve your standup and haul your bitch arse out of the armchair and into the kitchen. Or sit back on your lounge and **** off back to the lounge forum where you belong.
You're the fan of girl-like standup . You belong on the Netball team, ya flailing squat-pissin' sissy!
Joe.Boxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #118
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC on Fuel: Cung Le vs Rich Franklin RBR & Discussion w/spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Contreras View Post
Okay, it was from the kick that Franklin put his hands down (which we all know, you're not suppose to do), so what difference does it make?

Bottom line, his hands were suppose to be up -- it's not like he was suspicious of a takedown.
It’s funny how guys can be so convinced they’re right but yet be so wrong!

You always drop your hand on the side you’re kicking at point of impact with any Muay Thai round kick it’s crucial to the natural fluidity of the kick and hence the subsequent power it generates! Don’t just take my word for it here’s current top flight Thai fighter Pornsaneh Sitmonchai and all round Thai baddass famed for his devastating low kicks showing how it should be done!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mbabH61XYw[/ame]


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


The whole chain of events was started by Franklin throwing a poor quality Thai type low kick with his power leg to Le’s lead leg, in reality he probably should have chosen to throw his own lead leg to the inside of Le’s lead leg, which would have spun or “pushed” Le’s lead leg away and from under him from him and hence unbalanced Le who was clearly setting himself to throw power shots, as can be seen by Le having 50% of his weight on his lead leg. However, throwing an effective lead round kick correctly is a more technically difficult kick which Franklin may not have felt comfortable with against an experienced striker such as Cung. Hindsight eh!

The problem was he showed bad technique from the get go, he didn’t commit with his hips and hence was leaning slightly backward and upright too much with his head behind the centre of gravity in his hips rather than over and ahead of them which stopped him from turning his hip into the kick, generating power and keeping him low with his chin tucked behind his shoulder. Cos he didn’t commit he “snatched” the kick, his shoulder was already returning back leaving him in a very exposed up right position almost before the kick landed. You constantly see that kind of panicky uncommitted low kick snatch with MMA fighters due to them being understandably very wary of take downs and being constantly drilled as such, but that’s only to be expected as it seems a lot of guys in MMA don’t actually come from deep striking backgrounds and are legitimately worried about being taken to the mat off a badly timed or unbalanced strike.

And remember he was fighting an experienced striking veteran Cung, who was very comfortable walking into “fire” as opposed to many MMA fighters who tend to “bounce” back from “fire”. Lucky punch maybe in terms of accuracy & timing but Cung was looking for a headshot that’s why he braced the kick and walked in.

Last edited by boranbkk; 11-12-2012 at 11:24 AM.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #119
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC on Fuel: Cung Le vs Rich Franklin RBR & Discussion w/spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibus81 View Post
It's called habits, and you only develop habits if no one gets on you about it. And most guys who throw a low Muay Thai kick drop thier hands because their trying to put too much mustard behind the kick. That's one of the reason why I don't like Muay Thai kicks, because even though it can be powerful, it's too predictable and not fluid enough, that's why he got timed and it was by someone who's more fluid than he is.
Canibus, we've been here before haven't we? It's the most fluid effective kick in all the combat world that's why it's become the round kick of choice to all full contact combat fighters the world over! The proof of it's unrestricted fluidity is its power..........

Even your guru Bruce after filming Big Boss man in Thailand took note of it. He writes a pargraph or two about its fluid mechanics in the Tao of JKD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.Boxer View Post
You're the fan of girl-like standup . You belong on the Netball team, ya flailing squat-pissin' sissy!
As your such an experienced "observer" of the sport I've got two words for you "**** Off"..ohhppss, not those two words I meant these 2 " Ramba Somdet" , infact I've got 6 words for you " Ramba Somdet & Yodsanan Sor Nanthachai" ...... If you doubt their god like striking capabilities then you should be banned for life from any MMA forum now and in your undoubtless many reincarnations !

Oh, and by the way the guy you say is a fan of "girl-like standup" PIRA has been invloved in Muay Thai & Kickboxing for over 25 years!! (I think it's actaully longer right?).

Last edited by boranbkk; 11-12-2012 at 11:18 AM.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #120
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC on Fuel: Cung Le vs Rich Franklin RBR & Discussion w/spoilers

PIRA, welcome back.

Missed your unique brand of direct calrity on the website mate!
boranbkk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013