Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1195
Default Fat Dan: Wlad "one of the greatest heavyweight champions in history"

On the fat man's "scorecard" roundup today. Discuss.
Slothrop is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #2
Escopeta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fat Dan: Wlad "one of the greatest heavyweight champions in history"

true story..
Escopeta is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
KCD
All aboard.
ESB Addict

Default Re: Fat Dan: Wlad "one of the greatest heavyweight champions in history"

Totally agree, with Daniel.
KCD is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCD View Post
Totally agree, with Daniel.
Yeah I do too. In fact I think it's patently obvious. Just wait though, haters will be in here in a few minutes saying he's not even top 15 or some shit.
Slothrop is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #5
Dan-Vano

vCash: 500

Well, yeah. He still hasn't done enough to get in my top 10, but he isn't far off
Dan-Vano is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #6
theboss
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-Vano View Post
Well, yeah. He still hasn't done enough to get in my top 10, but he isn't far off
Who in the top ten has done more ?
theboss is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #7
gobblock
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

The veracity of Dan's statement is rivaled only by his bodyfat.
gobblock is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #8
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by finley View Post
Fat Dan is such a massive bellend I just can't bring myself to agree with anything that falls out if his fat cunt mouth.
Tell us how you feel, dude.
Slothrop is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #9
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
Who in the top ten has done more ?
O like Wlad, but he'snot top 10......yet. But to answer you question.....every top 10 fighter with a career defining win and without 3 losses in their primes to C level fighters. Don't worry though, Wlad will get there by virtue of his reign, longevity and dominance since last losing.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #10
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Wlad is for real and one of the best Heavyweight Champions in history. Only that he never had BIG names on his resumé like Lewis, Tyson and Holyfield had.
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #11
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
O like Wlad, but he'snot top 10......yet. But to answer you question.....every top 10 fighter with a career defining win and without 3 losses in their primes to C level fighters. Don't worry though, Wlad will get there by virtue of his reign, longevity and dominance since last losing.
Wlad wasn't in his prime when his losses occurred. A colorable argument can be made that he was in his prime against Brewster, but it looks like he really came into it afterward, once he perfected his style. Lewis on the other hand...
Slothrop is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #12
Erlenmeyer
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 292

Wlad has dominated every fight for years now. Those losses were before his prime. In his prime no one can get past his jab.
Erlenmeyer is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #13
BadDog
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothrop View Post
Yeah I do too. In fact I think it's patently obvious. Just wait though, haters will be in here in a few minutes saying he's not even top 15 or some shit.
I am waiting for dumb haters to come here and create another 100 topics on how Froch is better then Wlad cause Froch beat Bute.
BadDog is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #14
richie leon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I am not a fan of Wladimir Klitschko, to be honest. I'm not overly interested in watching his fights and i like my boxers a little more rough and gruff.

But the fact is, nobody who knows boxing gives any heavyweight contender in the world a serious chance of beating him, or even of competing with him, really. And it's been that way for a few years now. That's as dominant as dominant gets.

Also, going back to his second fight with Chris Byrd, he is now 12 or 13 title defenses and 6,5 years into his reign, making him the longest reigning HW champ this side of Joe Louis and Larry Holmes.

Ofcourse there will always be those who say the heavyweights are shit nowadays and there aren't any worthwile contenders. But what boxing fan would say that, for example, Haye-Adamek or Pulev-Povetkin wouldn't be compelling fights between quality fighters?
I wouldn't say that, because it's just not true. Granted, these guys are not Joe Frazier or Evander Holyfield, but they are quality fighters. Against Klitschko however, they wouldn't stand a chance, and that's down to his quality as a champion. The proof is in the pudding!
richie leon is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #15
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie leon View Post
I am not a fan of Wladimir Klitschko, to be honest. I'm not overly interested in watching his fights and i like my boxers a little more rough and gruff.

But the fact is, nobody who knows boxing gives any heavyweight contender in the world a serious chance of beating him, or even of competing with him, really. And it's been that way for a few years now. That's as dominant as dominant gets.

Also, going back to his second fight with Chris Byrd, he is now 12 or 13 title defenses and 6,5 years into his reign, making him the longest reigning HW champ this side of Joe Louis and Larry Holmes.

Ofcourse there will always be those who say the heavyweights are shit nowadays and there aren't any worthwile contenders. But what boxing fan would say that, for example, Haye-Adamek or Pulev-Povetkin wouldn't be compelling fights between quality fighters?
I wouldn't say that, because it's just not true. Granted, these guys are not Joe Frazier or Evander Holyfield, but they are quality fighters. Against Klitschko however, they wouldn't stand a chance, and that's down to his quality as a champion. The proof is in the pudding!
True. And I've said before that this heavyweight era, although weak compared with other eras, would look a lot stronger if the Klits hadn't dominated it completely.
Slothrop is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum