Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 11-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
zetsui
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 416
Default Salvador Sanchez Conditioning Training

What do we know of Sanchez's training and conditioning? This man didn't look beat after going 15 rounds with Nelson or 8 with Gomez. Unbelievable
zetsui is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2012, 04:32 PM   #2
dempsey1234
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Salvador Sanchez Conditioning Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsui View Post
What do we know of Sanchez's training and conditioning? This man didn't look beat after going 15 rounds with Nelson or 8 with Gomez. Unbelievable
He conditioned himself the Mexican way at altitude and good old fashioned hard work, sparring, callistetics and sparring. He was always running the hills and mountains where he lived. He had a Dr Valenzuela who worked with him and on his stamina. Dr Valenzuela was an early S&C coach. Sanchez had savy old school guys who were open to new ideas and would bring in private doctors to camp to ck the fighters heart rate something they do now.
The best Mexican trainers, Cuyo Hernandez, Lupe Sanchez, Nacho Beristain, Pancho Rosales, Cristobal Rosas, Romulo Quiarte, all used private doctors, sports medicine guys. If I am not mistaken even before the '60's, there was a doctor ready to ck the heartrate of the fighters.
dempsey1234 is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
D9Garrard
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Salvador Sanchez Conditioning Training

I'm no Sanchez expert, but I remember a pre-fight vignette where he was running in the desert in a sweatsuit (and yet didn't seem to be sweating at all) and they talked about how unusual his heart rate recovery was. I think it might have been the ABC prefight before the Patrick Ford fight. They said Sanchez's heart rate returned to normal rate in less than a minute and how this was completely unusual. I thought he was an amazing athlete with off-the-charts stamina.
D9Garrard is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum