Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #16
gobblock
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Fat Dan: Wlad "one of the greatest heavyweight champions in history"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister View Post
Wlad is for real and one of the best Heavyweight Champions in history. Only that he never had BIG names on his resumé like Lewis, Tyson and Holyfield had.
A large part of that is due to the fact that Wlad hasn't allowed anyone to get "big."
gobblock is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #17
Dan-Vano

vCash: 500
Default Re: Fat Dan: Wlad "one of the greatest heavyweight champions in history"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
Who in the top ten has done more ?
Louis
Ali
Jack Johnson
Lennox Lewis
Holmes
Foreman
Marciano
Fraizer
Holyfield
Tyson

All those achieved more in my opinion. Liston, Jersey Joe, and Ezzard Charles would also be ahead of him on my list. Still a phenominal fighter, and ranks very highly even tho his career isn't over
Dan-Vano is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #18
jakelamotta
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Wlad Klitschko's 13 consecutive title defenses (during his second title reign; he made five others in his first reign before losing to Corrie Sanders) are third-best all-time. Only Joe Louis (25) and Larry Holmes (20) made more.

Wlad Klitschko's current reign is going on seven years and will soon be the second-longest reign ever, behind only Louis' 11 years, 8 months and 8 days.
jakelamotta is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #19
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister View Post
Wlad is for real and one of the best Heavyweight Champions in history. Only that he never had BIG names on his resumé like Lewis, Tyson and Holyfield had.
Because he and his brother so thoroughly dominated the rest of the feild that no toher fighter could emerge to look nearly as good as say a Bowe, a Tua, or a Holmes.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #20
Garrus
Big Boss 1935-2014
ESB Addict

Location: A Hero Forever Loyal To The Flames Of War, Rests in Outer Heaven
vCash: 157

I like using him on Fight Night.
Garrus is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #21
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrus View Post
I like using him on Fight Night.
Yo dude, that chick's tit is hangin' out.
Slothrop is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #22
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothrop View Post
Wlad wasn't in his prime when his losses occurred. A colorable argument can be made that he was in his prime against Brewster, but it looks like he really came into it afterward, once he perfected his style. Lewis on the other hand...
He was 24-0 against Puritty, 40-1 against Sanders and 42-2 against Brewster as well as having fought world class fighters and having a world class amateur background. If he wasn't prime (and he was) than how do you justify everyone calling for him to fight Pulev, Arreola, Price, Mitchell etc.? Shouldn't these fighters be allowed to develop the way he did if he if fact was not prime?
JAB5239 is online now  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #23
gobblock
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
He was 24-0 against Puritty, 40-1 against Sanders and 42-2 against Brewster as well as having fought world class fighters and having a world class amateur background. If he wasn't prime (and he was) than how do you justify everyone calling for him to fight Pulev, Arreola, Price, Mitchell etc.? Shouldn't these fighters be allowed to develop the way he did if he if fact was not prime?
Prime isn't just condition and strength but also tactical know-how and the ability to cope with pressure and stress. Prime Wlad emerged from the first Samuel Peter fight.
gobblock is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #24
bjl12
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1119

Quote:
Originally Posted by finley View Post
Fat Dan is such a massive bellend I just can't bring myself to agree with anything that falls out if his fat cunt mouth.
i literally laughed out loud
bjl12 is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #25
bjl12
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-Vano View Post
Louis
Ali
Jack Johnson
Lennox Lewis
Holmes
Foreman
Marciano
Fraizer
Holyfield
Tyson

All those achieved more in my opinion. Liston, Jersey Joe, and Ezzard Charles would also be ahead of him on my list. Still a phenominal fighter, and ranks very highly even tho his career isn't over
The sad/unfair part for Wlad is that there's literally nothing else he can do to improve his legacy. There are no other heavyweights that remotely threaten him considering he's retiring in the next couple of years. Who could he fight that would add to his ATG ranking?

I can't think of one fighter
bjl12 is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #26
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobblock View Post
Prime isn't just condition and strength but also tactical know-how and the ability to cope with pressure and stress. Prime Wlad emerged from the first Samuel Peter fight.
So how do Klitschko fans justify this question?

If he wasn't prime (and he was) than how do you justify everyone calling for him to fight Pulev, Arreola, Price, Mitchell, Fury etc.? Shouldn't these fighters be allowed to develop the way he did if he if fact was not prime?
Old 11-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #27
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjl12 View Post
The sad/unfair part for Wlad is that there's literally nothing else he can do to improve his legacy. There are no other heavyweights that remotely threaten him considering he's retiring in the next couple of years. Who could he fight that would add to his ATG ranking?

I can't think of one fighter
Then you're not thinking very hard.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #28
devon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-Vano View Post
Louis
Ali
Jack Johnson
Lennox Lewis
Holmes
Foreman
Marciano
Fraizer
Holyfield
Tyson

I fail to see how Holmes has accomplished any more than Wlad.
devon is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #29
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by devon View Post
I fail to see how Holmes has accomplished any more than Wlad.
20 consecutive title defenses and the career defining Norton fight.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #30
devon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
20 consecutive title defenses and the career defining Norton fight.
Ill give you that he is more accomplished but not by that much . Both have similar dominated/continue to dominate and both don't have a "great win"
Norton was never that good of a fighter other than beating Ali
devon is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum