Fury by UD.
Espin88 is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

vCash: 2835
Default Re: Tyson Fury vs. Kevin Johnson, December 1st

If Kingpin can actually be bothered boxing he'd run fury close. Not seen Kingpin put in a performance for years though.
LHL is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #4
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

this one will be good, if KJ lets his hands go
damian38 is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #5
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250

Despite his reputation as a safety-first jab artist, I do think Johnson has the pop and timing required to give Fury a startle of the same type he's received from pedestrian competition almost every night out since Chisora. I don't think he posesses the tools or temperament to become the first to actually finish the big traveler, however.

Likewise, I don't see Fury on his best day being able to stop Johnson.

So it'll be down to a hometown favorite spraying offense at a largely defensive-minded foreigner. Not hard to suss out what judges are apt to prefer.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #6
Hook!
Proud member of team G.
ESB Addict

vCash: 889

furyyyyy udddd
Hook! is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #7
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

22-0 in favor of the guy with the half foot height advantage; not many left with faith in Kingpin against a super heavy.

Funny that in recent polls, he was given a chance to upset Seth Mitchell when it seemed a meeting was possible in light of their beef.

This isn't just blind patriotism, but I'm honestly not sure Fury is a cut above Mitchell.

Sure, there was that embarrassing moment where it looked like Chazz Witherspoon was about to pop Seth's cherry, but Tyson had just as bad a whoopsy-daisy with Rogan and Pajkic and Firtha - and Chazz is a wee bit above their class.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #8
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

He doesn't uncork it often, but don't sleep on Johnson's right hand.

He's been unfairly labeled a powder puff due to his over reliance on the jab - but this is a stronger and more athletic dude with more educated technique than any of those who gave TF a quake.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #9
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
22-0 in favor of the guy with the half foot height advantage; not many left with faith in Kingpin against a super heavy.

Funny that in recent polls, he was given a chance to upset Seth Mitchell when it seemed a meeting was possible in light of their beef.

This isn't just blind patriotism, but I'm honestly not sure Fury is a cut above Mitchell.

Sure, there was that embarrassing moment where it looked like Chazz Witherspoon was about to pop Seth's cherry, but Tyson had just as bad a whoopsy-daisy with Rogan and Pajkic and Firtha - and Chazz is a wee bit above their class.
i think Johnson would beat Mitchell based on styles, Johnson is one lazy mofo but Mitchell would be walkin right into him so he could land decent power punches and have Mitchell missin
i think Fury UD's him just from workrate Johnson will land the better shots and maybe hurt Fury a couple times but Fury will out jab and outwork him in a scrappy fight
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #10
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Despite his reputation as a safety-first jab artist, I do think Johnson has the pop and timing required to give Fury a startle of the same type he's received from pedestrian competition almost every night out since Chisora. I don't think he posesses the tools or temperament to become the first to actually finish the big traveler, however.

Likewise, I don't see Fury on his best day being able to stop Johnson.

So it'll be down to a hometown favorite spraying offense at a largely defensive-minded foreigner. Not hard to suss out what judges are apt to prefer.
Johnson doesn't exchange or counter too often he usually goes into defensive mode when opponents attack especially if they're throwing in combination which Fury is good at. I could see a british stoppage in this one with Johnson trying to shoulder roll, bending at the waist along the ropes trying to do a shitty rope a dope impression and Fury throwing a few combinations with the ref jumping in. Johnson is pretty feather fisted but nowhere near as bad as Pajkic who was still able to hurt Fury so if KJ hurts Fury and he manages to survive it expect a british stoppage for sure the first chance the ref gets just like in the Firtha fight.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 09:42 PM   #11
DrBanzai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Both are terrible fighters, but I see Johnson winning this one.
DrBanzai is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #12
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
Johnson doesn't exchange or counter too often he usually goes into defensive mode when opponents attack especially if they're throwing in combination which Fury is good at. I could see a british stoppage in this one with Johnson trying to shoulder roll, bending at the waist along the ropes trying to do a shitty rope a dope impression and Fury throwing a few combinations with the ref jumping in. Johnson is pretty feather fisted but nowhere near as bad as Pajkic who was still able to hurt Fury so if KJ hurts Fury and he manages to survive it expect a british stoppage for sure the first chance the ref gets just like in the Firtha fight.
i wouldnt be suprised then all we would hear is "Klitschko couldnt stop Johnson but Fury could" and some other bullshit hype
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #13
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1171

I don't know, man. I'm a big fan of Fury but he looked rather poor against Pajkic and Johnson's clearly two levels above him. Skill-wise, I'm afraid, Fury won't be able to keep up with the Kingpin but I suppose Johnson's low workrate will lose him the fight. Fury by UD is the best bet but I voted Johnson UD.
Faerun is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #14
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:

Serious question did Fury have trouble with rogan?

i remember it as basically one sided domination.

Also, Fury seems to be improving, he's only 24 and a superheavy (who peak late) so nowhere near Prime yet

Seth Mitchell is 30, and a small heavyweight, he's in his absoloute prime, this is it for Mitchell, he wont be getting any better
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #15
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
Also, Fury seems to be improving
Funnily, I absolutely don't see that. It looks to me like he has regressed from the Chisora fight.
Faerun is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum