Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-12-2012, 07:47 AM   #1
Dai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Chauncey Welliver should fight Sonny Bill Williams

This fight makes huge sense, as Sonny is sadly one of the top 3 most famous boxers in NZ and with Chauncey having recent losses they will probably take the fight.

I know Chauncey said in the past that it would seem like bullying if he called sonny out, but sonny was supposed to be fighting Botha so it wouldn't.

Come on Chauncey, you know it makes sense
Dai is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
chauncy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Chauncey Welliver should fight Sonny Bill Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai View Post
This fight makes huge sense, as Sonny is sadly one of the top 3 most famous boxers in NZ and with Chauncey having recent losses they will probably take the fight.

I know Chauncey said in the past that it would seem like bullying if he called sonny out, but sonny was supposed to be fighting Botha so it wouldn't.

Come on Chauncey, you know it makes sense
I agree 100% now. Before I was ranked and he had little experience. Now I lost a few and this would be a great fight for me to have as my last in NZ. Williams brings dollars to the table as well, so that never hurts. We chatted a bit at my Japan fight with Kyotaro. Seems like a cool guy.
chauncy is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
The MesserStick
DavidTua.net Blows
ESB Addict

vCash: 796

It is the only way Will Billiams can ever say with a clear conscience that he fought for the NZ HW Title. Right now when he says he is NZ HW Champ it is a lie and a fraud. There already was a NZ HW Title and a NZ HW Champion. Will Billiams titles are no more authentic than Charlie Zellonoff's belts. In fact, I would be disgusted by any promotion that calls it a unification match. There is only 1 HW Champion of New Zealand....period. And that is Chauncy Welliver.

45/1 opening odds for Welliver at Money Messer's Booking House. Place your bets now.
The MesserStick is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

SBW should give you about 10% purse...and thats being generous, considering chauncys low ranking, being damaged goods, and saggy looking 'opponent' status....most aussies and kiwis would take one look at welleater and write the ppv off as a farce.

how do you sell a body like wellivers?.......only, naked, with a ball strapped in his mouth and two hillbillies from his home town standing behind him with hard ons! "now squeel like a pig....."

Last edited by swingin; 11-12-2012 at 02:50 PM.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #5
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

well imo sbw would win...chauncy just lost to a 4 fight rookie,plus sonny is fighting Botha,whom is levels above chauncy(even though he is shot as shit)
Straight Shoota is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #6
Dai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
SBW should give you about 10% purse...and thats being generous, considering chauncys low ranking, being damaged goods, and saggy looking 'opponent' status....most aussies and kiwis would take one look at welleater and write the ppv off as a farce.

how do you sell a body like wellivers?.......only, naked, with a ball strapped in his mouth and two hillbillies from his home town standing behind him with hard ons! "now squeel like a pig....."

If I was Chauncey I'd take 10% hell I'd fight for expenses

He will easily win and become a big commodity able to make money off the back of beating up Williams
Dai is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #7
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai View Post
If I was Chauncey I'd take 10% hell I'd fight for expenses
he may well. he only fights novices and old men. SBW is a novice. no world ranking for welliver to beat him.

but then, SBW would murder the jap that beat welliver......
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #8
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal View Post
Hey Chauncey I would like to say I respect you actually stepping into the realm of online forums in this sport, I don't need to remind you about the amount of flak or hate that gets thrown around, I have had some fun at TheMessersticks expense in the past but I'm willing to say you seem a straight up guy on here, I'd just like to know when is the next date for your NZ fight? and did you manage to get citizenship in NZ?
and was it a pleasureable experience beating up old men, has beens, novices and pretending to fool the chinese public that you were a real fighter?
swingin is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #9
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MesserStick View Post
It is the only way Will Billiams can ever say with a clear conscience that he fought for the NZ HW Title. Right now when he says he is NZ HW Champ it is a lie and a fraud. There already was a NZ HW Title and a NZ HW Champion. Will Billiams titles are no more authentic than Charlie Zellonoff's belts. In fact, I would be disgusted by any promotion that calls it a unification match. There is only 1 HW Champion of New Zealand....period. And that is Chauncy Welliver.

45/1 opening odds for Welliver at Money Messer's Booking House. Place your bets now.

the only titles chauncy has won, has "all you can eat" next to it ...
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #10
The MesserStick
DavidTua.net Blows
ESB Addict

I see it is a sausage fest in here doing the old circle jerk to Chauncy again.

Enter Leapai, De Moron and SBW into the next Prizefighter. Or set the shit up for Auckland in early 2013. Chauncy is ready to whip 3 chumps in a night. SBW can go first and get knocked out in under 2 rounds. De Moron can go next and get knocked out in the same 2 rounds or less. Then Chauncy can smack the crap out of Leapai for a few rounds before laying him out for the count. All 3 in 1 night. I got 10 grand on Welliver.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #11
4n20
Journeyman

I'd actually be interested in a regional Prizefighter including those four.

Messer, who are the other four you would propose to round out the card? And what sort of winner-take-all purse?
4n20 is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2012, 01:03 AM   #12
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MesserStick View Post
I see it is a sausage fest in here doing the old circle jerk to Chauncy again.

Enter Leapai, De Moron and SBW into the next Prizefighter. Or set the shit up for Auckland in early 2013. Chauncy is ready to whip 3 chumps in a night. SBW can go first and get knocked out in under 2 rounds. De Moron can go next and get knocked out in the same 2 rounds or less. Then Chauncy can smack the crap out of Leapai for a few rounds before laying him out for the count. All 3 in 1 night. I got 10 grand on Welliver.

u would lose 10g .......and i doubt any of them would even consider fighting u

SBW - dont have his fan base he is a ppv on his own ..welliver brings nothing
LEAPI - sparrs better oppents than welliver and wouldnt waste his time
DEMORI- fights the same level oppostion as welliver fight could happen, but demori is to strong for a fat **** like welliver early ko
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2012, 01:28 AM   #13
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Sonny "Fraud" Williams will never fight a live body
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2012, 01:33 AM   #14
The MesserStick
DavidTua.net Blows
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4n20 View Post
I'd actually be interested in a regional Prizefighter including those four.

Messer, who are the other four you would propose to round out the card? And what sort of winner-take-all purse?
Chauncy could do the work of 5 men himself on those 3. But if they had to get 4 more they should get an international flavor in the mix. Sam ***ton, Chisora, Skelton, and maybe Fraudley.

Tell you what.....Chauncy will take the stiffest work and clean up Chisora. We'll let De Mori match up with Skelton to give him a 2% chance of winning. Leapai can get Fraudley in a toss up.....entirely dependent on whether Audey throws some punches or not. Sonnie Bill.......shit he might as well stay home and give ***ton the walkover. He's way out of his depth in this tourney. There aren't any Clarence Tillman;s to match him with.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:40 AM   #15
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Well heres a point and CHAUNCY ID LIKE YOU TO ANSWER THIS PLEASE.

Previously Welliver VS Leapai 'made no sence,no money,no rankings,Leapai is coming off a loss etc' ....BUT now none of that is relavant...Leapai is ranked higher then you now?,your "pricing" has dropped dramatically and you also are coming off a few losses...So IMO,Leapai VS Welliver makes PERFECT SENCE right now.In New Zealand,where you are 'champion' and Leapai being Samoan would have a hugh following for the fight...
What you think Chauncy?
Straight Shoota is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum