Old 11-03-2012, 07:48 AM   #61
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Fantasy match up- Fedor Vs George Foreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
the fan girls of mma obviously will pick fedor, but the facts are foreman might put fedor to sleep with a single punch
Knees, elbows, low kicks anyone?

Good low kicks can decimate fist dependant hulks like big George.

Timberrrrrrrrrrrr..........

And then once on the ground, you know how this story ends......
boranbkk is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #62
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Might.. And then what?

Dumb question.. Fedor would win in more ways than one.

Fedor takes him down, or slams, submission lock, fight over. In a fight, anyone can be put to sleep with a single shot. Foreman can't grapple, no great boxer could, with a C class Mixed Martial Artists.

People like to think Foreman, or any decent boxer, would walk through Fedor, but quite the opposite would happen. Foreman would have not idea what to do about punches/elbows in Fedor's clinch, or how to defend an elbow or spinning back fist.

Like I always say in these threads, boxers only know two things, how to defend and throw a punch, in a street scuffle, a equally skilled man in this sport (MMA) will always have his way unless he gets caught by a punch.
For once we're on the same page Bobi.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #63
pawelg
Journeyman

Why do so many people think that boxers only know how to punch?
Tyson assaulted someone in a traffic accident...by kicking him in the balls.
Watch the scuffle between haye and chisora. Haye throws one punch...
The rest is pulling chisoras head down and elbowing the back of his head.
Alot of boxers were streetfighters, and streetfighting is neither mma nor boxing.
Its grabbing someone by their collar and butting the shit out of the opponents
Face, for instance. Fedor can do that but so can foreman. It depends on who starts
First, who is more lucky, physical strength, technique, scruples etc. No way to predict anything. And even if one guy wins, chances are he loses in a rematch. Everyone calm down.
pawelg is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #64
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelg View Post
Why do so many people think that boxers only know how to punch?
Tyson assaulted someone in a traffic accident...by kicking him in the balls.
Watch the scuffle between haye and chisora. Haye throws one punch...
The rest is pulling chisoras head down and elbowing the back of his head.
Alot of boxers were streetfighters, and streetfighting is neither mma nor boxing.
Its grabbing someone by their collar and butting the shit out of the opponents
Face, for instance. Fedor can do that but so can foreman. It depends on who starts
First, who is more lucky, physical strength, technique, scruples etc. No way to predict anything. And even if one guy wins, chances are he loses in a rematch. Everyone calm down.
What you say may well be true as long as the fight remains standing but fedor would take Foreman down. Groundfighting is what Fedor does best. No way he makes the mistake of slugging it out with one of the (if not THE) hardest punchers of all time. Fedor is the MMA GOAT for a reason. He is not stupid.

On the ground Foreman would be helpless I'm afraid.

Last edited by yaca you; 11-03-2012 at 09:55 AM.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #65
pawelg
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaca you View Post
What you say may well be true as long as the fight remains standing but fedor would take Foreman down. Groundfighting is what Fedor does best. No way he makes the mistake of slugging it out with one of the (if not THE) hardest punchers of all time. Fedor is the MMA GOAT for a reason. He is not stupid.

On the ground Foreman would be helpless I'm afraid.
He will take him down if he doesnt get hit in the face or throat first. Or kicked in the balls or knee cap. Or grabbed and headbutted. Thats what im saying. You just no way can predict what is going to happen. fedor could crack foreman first and it might be lights out even thoughit happened on the stand. What if one guy starts biting the other? You dont pace yourself in a streetfight either. What if fedor insulted foremans mother and this ox goes completely apeshit on fedor? Or vice versa? Its a streetfight with no rules.You just dont know which basically makes this whole thread useless.

Last edited by pawelg; 11-03-2012 at 01:56 PM.
pawelg is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #66
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
He will take him down if he doesnt get hit in the face or throat first. Or kicked in the balls or knee cap. Or grabbed and headbutted. Thats what im saying. You just no way can predict what is going to happen. fedor could crack foreman first and it might be lights out even thoughit happened on the stand. What if one guy starts biting the other? Its a streetfight with no rules.You just dont know which basically makes this whole thread useless.
I take your point, but the difference is Fedor would know how to defend anticopate and counter against "a kick in the balls or a knee cap" and big George wouldn't etc etc etc
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #67
pawelg
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
I take your point, but the difference is Fedor would know how to defend anticopate and counter against "a kick in the balls or a knee cap" and big George wouldn't etc etc etc

How do we know that? You dont get kicked in the balls in mma. You also do not defend against headbutts or gauging of eyes. What if you trap someone in a guilotine and he bites you in the chest? Its a streetfight. If someone is seriously putting me in trouble and his body is in my face, would i not bite him? A streetfight is nothing like mma or boxing. A boxer has the advantage of being used to being hit and knowing how to punch and a wrestler knows how to grapple. Thats it. In the streetfights ive seen it comes down to sheer brutality and who starts. Ive never seen technical streetfights even if guys were trained in some sort of combat. All im saying is it is a very individual thing. You cant go and say fedor would just take him down...he might never get the chance to. Same with big george.
pawelg is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #68
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

I like the idea of Foreman taking Fedor out with a big lumbering front kick to the knee.

In the heat of battle, with adrenaline flowing, you are likely to withstand a bite to the chest while you are squeezing the life out of them with a guillotine. It will only take a couple of seconds until they are unconscious.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2012, 01:17 AM   #69
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1550

Quote:
How do we know that? You dont get kicked in the balls in mma. You also do not defend against headbutts or gauging of eyes. What if you trap someone in a guilotine and he bites you in the chest? Its a streetfight. If someone is seriously putting me in trouble and his body is in my face, would i not bite him? A streetfight is nothing like mma or boxing. A boxer has the advantage of being used to being hit and knowing how to punch and a wrestler knows how to grapple. Thats it. In the streetfights ive seen it comes down to sheer brutality and who starts. Ive never seen technical streetfights even if guys were trained in some sort of combat. All im saying is it is a very individual thing. You cant go and say fedor would just take him down...he might never get the chance to. Same with big george.

I really don't have the energy to explain to you but it's explained many times. The technique you learn in grappling are far superior to w/e dirty little tricks you'll be able to effectively use. I might lose an eye but you'll be dead.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #70
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.
vCash: 1000

Foreman has a punchers chance to hit Fedor in the way in but outside of that I`d make Fedor a solid favourite to take him down, beat the shit out of him & put him to sleep.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #71
LeBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Fedor better not give Foreman his back like he did Hendo It will be lights out for more than a couple of seconds this time.
LeBeave is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #72
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big N Bad View Post
this isnt a boxing match or a mma fight.
lol
what if these two started scuffling in the street.
they both big punchers, foreman being the bigger puncher.
does foreman land the lucky punch?

whats youre opinion?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

OP wanted to know who would win in a scrap, and to be honest I think I missed that Fedor won't be throwing kicks or spinning back fist. I don't think he has a strong takedown from the outside either so I wish him look at punching his way in.....

He doesn't have the tools that Anderson Silva does, he was a Brawler at heart and Big George is a Boxer With a 6 inch reach advantage so their is a strong chance he get's HENDO'd
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #73
Shareef
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

If Fedor knows Foreman was who he was he would win a he wouldn't slug it out. But I reckon many MMA fighters, especially someone like Fedor would go for the ko standing up in a random street scuffle which could have him getting koed by Foreman. If in these scenarios the MMA fighter knows about the boxer he won't stand and trade and wins easy using other skills.
Shareef is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2012, 02:10 AM   #74
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict

MMA guys are so ****y....Especially the teenage one's who workout at the local LA Fitness or 24 hr fitness and think they are the toughest dudes on the block!
AnthonyJ74 is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2012, 07:42 AM   #75
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ74 View Post
MMA guys are so ****y....Especially the teenage one's who workout at the local LA Fitness or 24 hr fitness and think they are the toughest dudes on the block!
Probably cos they know how to fight in many different scenarios, I wouldn't wanna cross swords with a good MMA fighter in a crowded bar. Being an MT guy I'd rather take my chances against a good boxer.
boranbkk is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum