Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #61
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925
Default Re: What next for Chauncy Welliver??

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MesserStick View Post
Tank Williams is tough as hell but he got very lucky against Chauncy. It was 1 of Chauncy's worst performances and the only thing keeping him from winning was Chauncy having the strength that night to engage him more. Chauncy was not himself that night and Tank still could not hurt him, and only could land any punches when he hit illegally on the break. Tank just beat the snot out of Robert Helenius though. Chauncy was never put on queer street like Robert was. If De Moron or Bill Williams fought Tank he would roll over them like they were a freshly paved interstate....with no bumps in the road at all. Both guys get knocked out by the 1st OH right that lands from Tank.

As for Fujimoto, give the man props. He survived Welliver putting him on queer street in the 1st round...something De Mori would not have survived. And then the guy was fast, active, and fought a good fight. It was a close fight but he won it. Chauncy was burned out by then though. It was taking a lot out of him to be in the 230's. And then traveling all of those miles to go fight, fighting at times when you'd normally be sleeping, all of that kind of stuff was against him. The man beat Chauncy but was lucky to see him when he did.

But remember this folks.....Chauncy has lost but he has never been crushed or even dented. 392 HW rounds and nobody has put him down. De Mori has been crushed like a soda can. Bill Williams can barely stay on his feet while throwing a punch. These blokes are not even close to the same league. Chauncy out skills them in every department there is.
..chauncy would be lucky if sbw considerd a fight with him in a alley out the back of a pub which sbw would also win by ko ..

younger, fitter ( by a shit load ) , stronger , faster ..
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #62
The MesserStick
DavidTua.net Blows
ESB Addict

vCash: 796

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie opinion View Post
..chauncy would be lucky if sbw considerd a fight with him in a alley out the back of a pub which sbw would also win by ko ..

younger, fitter ( by a shit load ) , stronger , faster ..
Bwahahahaha SBW has nothing on Welliver at all. Not 1 skill department is he even close. Screw the ring, lets set the pub match up and go bare knuckles out back with cameras rolling. Chauncy doesn't need to disgrace the ring by entering with Will Billiams...an alley is a more fitting place to drop his carcass.
The MesserStick is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2012, 12:55 AM   #63
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Bwahahahaha SBW has nothing on Welliver at all. Not 1 skill department is he even close. Screw the ring, lets set the pub match up and go bare knuckles out back with cameras rolling. Chauncy doesn't need to disgrace the ring by entering with Will Billiams...an alley is a more fitting place to drop his carcass.

Yeah ur right SBW has nothing on welliver..apart from a international fan base in- japan, south africa, NZ and australia , welliver is the biggest fraud going around the boxing scene he is a tent fighter , C grade ....
Old 11-13-2012, 01:39 AM   #64
The MesserStick
DavidTua.net Blows
ESB Addict

vCash: 796

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie opinion View Post
Yeah ur right SBW has nothing on welliver..apart from a international fan base in- japan, south africa, NZ and australia , welliver is the biggest fraud going around the boxing scene he is a tent fighter , C grade ....
Top 5 ranked HW in the world within the last year.......that is Grade A USA Beef!

SBW is an F grade fighter.....F for Fail, Failure, Fails as soon as he sees Welliver.

I tell you what. To make it a more fair fight Chauncy will let Sonnie Bill wear head gear for the match. Or maybe a US football helmet would be better?
The MesserStick is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2012, 03:15 AM   #65
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Top 5 ranked HW in the world within the last year.......that is Grade A USA Beef!

SBW is an F grade fighter.....F for Fail, Failure, Fails as soon as he sees Welliver.

I tell you what. To make it a more fair fight Chauncy will let Sonnie Bill wear head gear for the match. Or maybe a US football helmet would be better?
geez i didnt realize chauncy was so hard up for cash, he's had over 50 fights and only earnt a 1/10 of wat sbw has earnt in the ring, not bad for a novice.....keep sucking on his titties
Old 11-13-2012, 03:25 AM   #66
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Well heres a point and CHAUNCY ID LIKE YOU TO ANSWER THIS PLEASE.

Previously Welliver VS Leapai 'made no sence,no money,no rankings,Leapai is coming off a loss etc' ....BUT now none of that is relavant...Leapai is ranked higher then you now?,your "pricing" has dropped dramatically and you also are coming off a few losses...So IMO,Leapai VS Welliver makes PERFECT SENCE right now.In New Zealand,where you are 'champion' and Leapai being Samoan would have a hugh following for the fight...
What you think Chauncy?
Straight Shoota is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #67
chauncy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Shoota View Post
Well heres a point and CHAUNCY ID LIKE YOU TO ANSWER THIS PLEASE.

Previously Welliver VS Leapai 'made no sence,no money,no rankings,Leapai is coming off a loss etc' ....BUT now none of that is relavant...Leapai is ranked higher then you now?,your "pricing" has dropped dramatically and you also are coming off a few losses...So IMO,Leapai VS Welliver makes PERFECT SENCE right now.In New Zealand,where you are 'champion' and Leapai being Samoan would have a hugh following for the fight...
What you think Chauncy?
I wouldn't mind the fight at all. It's a loser goes home type of situation. My stock has dropped yes, but I'm still ranked higher than Alex in the WBC, and those are the rankings you see on fight advertisements, not boxrec rankings.
Problem is, in New Zealand, if your names not Shane Cameron or David Tua, its hard to generate sponsors these days. I'm back in America for the time being but still hold my residency in NZ. There's no way the fight makes sense in America.
China could be a possibility, but I don't pick who I fight there though. They give me a list and tell me to choose from whoever they have on it. (I thought I was being smart picking Sherman Williams lol).
The end of the day all there is is this, I've been around the pros for years with my older brothers down to myself. Been around the world a few times. The fight game is ugly. The fight business is beautiful. I gotta squeeze as much out of this sport as I can because we're in a dying sport and money gets smaller each day.
Did I get a chance to fight the best? Not even close. I fought who was put in front of me. If it were up to me I'd have fought much better guys so I'd have made much better money. I made some good money, but not enough to never have to work.
I was born with no athletic gifts, but fought with many men who were. For my first 50 fights, I had no trainer, promoter, or manager. No money behind me. I finally got the right team behind me but I was burned out from the first 50.
If Leapais team wants to make an offer, we'll gladly look it over. Me and Noel have spoken many times on how this can work. As a fighter, I gotta be compensated good to fight a big puncher like Alex. They're asking for the fight but expect me to promote it or find a promoter. If they really want the fight, they'll get the sponsors and make it happen.
chauncy is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #68
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chauncy View Post
I wouldn't mind the fight at all. It's a loser goes home type of situation. My stock has dropped yes, but I'm still ranked higher than Alex in the WBC, and those are the rankings you see on fight advertisements, not boxrec rankings.
Problem is, in New Zealand, if your names not Shane Cameron or David Tua, its hard to generate sponsors these days. I'm back in America for the time being but still hold my residency in NZ. There's no way the fight makes sense in America.
China could be a possibility, but I don't pick who I fight there though. They give me a list and tell me to choose from whoever they have on it. (I thought I was being smart picking Sherman Williams lol).
The end of the day all there is is this, I've been around the pros for years with my older brothers down to myself. Been around the world a few times. The fight game is ugly. The fight business is beautiful. I gotta squeeze as much out of this sport as I can because we're in a dying sport and money gets smaller each day.
Did I get a chance to fight the best? Not even close. I fought who was put in front of me. If it were up to me I'd have fought much better guys so I'd have made much better money. I made some good money, but not enough to never have to work.
I was born with no athletic gifts, but fought with many men who were. For my first 50 fights, I had no trainer, promoter, or manager. No money behind me. I finally got the right team behind me but I was burned out from the first 50.
If Leapais team wants to make an offer, we'll gladly look it over. Me and Noel have spoken many times on how this can work. As a fighter, I gotta be compensated good to fight a big puncher like Alex. They're asking for the fight but expect me to promote it or find a promoter. If they really want the fight, they'll get the sponsors and make it happen.
Great post. Appreciate your honesty
Old 11-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #69
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by chauncy View Post
Great response,much appreciated.
I think your correct with a ' loser goes home situation'..A win though,would realllly rise your stakes,especially in the asia pacific zone.A fight worth going for IMO.Cheers Again Chaunce
Straight Shoota is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #70
old man
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Excellent candidate for a Krispy Kreme donut ad.
old man is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum