Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
boxon
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Default Matt Skeltons sponsor revealed

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Come on everybody how can this happen?

Maloney arranging a fight with an OAP.

Where's the credibility in this?
boxon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 13,327
vCash: 999
Default Re: Matt Skeltons sponsor revealed

What other heavyweight would you have chose for him to defend his title against?
kosaros is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
boxon
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Default Re: Matt Skeltons sponsor revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post
What other heavyweight would you have chose for him to defend his title against?

Dereck Chisora.

As much as i like people from Liverpool i just cant see David Price being World class.

Ask yourself why Adam Booth and Hayemaker let him go?
boxon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9,569
vCash: 500
Default Re: Matt Skeltons sponsor revealed

Spot on Kos, people just love to criticize.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
joegrundy
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 927
vCash: 2592
Default Re: Matt Skeltons sponsor revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post
What other heavyweight would you have chose for him to defend his title against?
This.

Towers or Sprott are the only two I can think of and Skelton could beat either.
joegrundy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #6
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 13,327
vCash: 999
Default Re: Matt Skeltons sponsor revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxon View Post
Dereck Chisora.

As much as i like people from Liverpool i just cant see David Price being World class.

Ask yourself why Adam Booth and Hayemaker let him go?
Chisora doesn't have a British license.

Hayemaker let him go because their promotional company collapsed when Setanta did.
kosaros is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #7
boxon
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Default Re: Matt Skeltons sponsor revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post
Chisora doesn't have a British license.

Hayemaker let him go because their promotional company collapsed when Setanta did.

You asked who would i like too see Price fight = Chisora - regardless of license =only an application away.

Hayemaker let him go because of his CHIN = FACT.
boxon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:04 PM   #8
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 13,327
vCash: 999
Default Re: Matt Skeltons sponsor revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxon View Post
You asked who would i like too see Price fight = Chisora - regardless of license =only an application away.

Hayemaker let him go because of his CHIN = FACT.


I think you'll find that isn't a fact, although it's good to see your prerogative for this thread has come out. The company dissolved; everyone including George Groves, Ryan Rhodes, Derry Matthews, John Watson etc. was let go. Nothing to do with anyone's punch resistance...

Price-Skelton was announced pretty much as soon as the Audley fight was finished, right? How could Chisora apply, be granted a license (not a guarantee) and be approved to fight for the title in such a short space of time?
kosaros is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #9
boxon
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Default Re: Matt Skeltons sponsor revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post


I think you'll find that isn't a fact, although it's good to see your prerogative for this thread has come out. The company dissolved; everyone including George Groves, Ryan Rhodes, Derry Matthews, John Watson etc. was let go. Nothing to do with anyone's punch resistance...

Price-Skelton was announced pretty much as soon as the Audley fight was finished, right? How could Chisora apply, be granted a license (not a guarantee) and be approved to fight for the title in such a short space of time?
Ask yourself why did they resign George Groves and not David Price?

David Haye being a Heavyweight would surlely resign a future potential Heavyweight Champion like David Price.Why didnt he?
boxon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #10
joegrundy
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 927
vCash: 2592
Default Re: Matt Skeltons sponsor revealed

Chisora is a great idea, in the month and a week between the Price Harrison fight and 30th November they could have obviously got chisora a license (Probably would take a month) sold the tickets and gave Chisora enough time to train.

Why didn't anyone think of this?

O yes because it is a stupid idea.
joegrundy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #11
boxon
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Default Re: Matt Skeltons sponsor revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegrundy View Post
Chisora is a great idea, in the month and a week between the Price Harrison fight and 30th November they could have obviously got chisora a license (Probably would take a month) sold the tickets and gave Chisora enough time to train.

Why didn't anyone think of this?

O yes because it is a stupid idea.

Dont be a cunt. I was asked who i would like too see David Price fight (no license issues etc)

Are you telling me Matt Skelton is a bigger ticket seller and more credible fighter than Dereck Chisora ?

Frank Maloney is looking to get Price the easiest possible route to a World title fight because

a) Price has a dodgy chin

b) Maloney wants to retire ASAP.
boxon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #12
unorthodox
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 916
vCash: 75
Default Re: Matt Skeltons sponsor revealed

c) you need to shut up ASAP.
unorthodox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #13
boxon
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Default Re: Matt Skeltons sponsor revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by unorthodox View Post
c) you need to shut up ASAP.

d) How olds Matt Skelton?
boxon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #14
unorthodox
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 916
vCash: 75
Default Re: Matt Skeltons sponsor revealed

e) why are dogs forever in the push up position?
unorthodox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #15
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9,569
vCash: 500
Default Re: Matt Skeltons sponsor revealed

**** off boxon.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013