Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-14-2012, 06:42 AM   #76
bobotnaman
★★★★☆
ESB Addict

vCash: 117
Default Re: Roger: Floyd’s still better than 90% of the motherf***ers out there.

Sergio and Pac are the remaining 10%.
bobotnaman is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2012, 06:46 AM   #77
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Roger: Floyd’s still better than 90% of the motherf***ers out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobotnaman View Post
Sergio and Pac are the remaining 10%.
marquez has something to say about that
Bladegunner is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 07:08 AM   #78
anj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrobinson View Post
Lets be honest this is the Mayweather family , great boxers , but not the brightest men in the world.

This tells me that Floyd has a maximum of 2 fights left and neither are going to be against the absolute elite.

It should be Pacquioa and Martinez , but it will be Bradley and Canelo.
Completely agree.

Pacquiao and Martinez wins will do wonders for Floyd's legacy. It will throw him very high up in the ATG rankings.

Bradley and Canelo are just easy UD wins for him. Having these two on his resume is no better than having one solid victory over Miguel Cotto, so it's pointless.

Floyd doesn't really want to find Martinez because he prefers Martinez fighting his own fighter Andre Dirrell. Whether you like to call it ducking or getting a payday as a promoter, it's up to you.

It's such a shame that Floyd is no longer in his prime. Compare the Cotto and even the Ortiz fight to the Corrales fight for example. There's a difference in speed, reflexes, athletic ability etc. thus Floud has less depth in his game than he did before.

I would like to see Cotto vs Martinez. If Martinez wins by being able to be more effective than Cotto was against Mayweather at certain skills, we know he has a great chance against Mayweather.
anj is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 08:26 AM   #79
BretN
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anj View Post
Completely agree.

Pacquiao and Martinez wins will do wonders for Floyd's legacy. It will throw him very high up in the ATG rankings.

Bradley and Canelo are just easy UD wins for him. Having these two on his resume is no better than having one solid victory over Miguel Cotto, so it's pointless.

Floyd doesn't really want to find Martinez because he prefers Martinez fighting his own fighter Andre Dirrell. Whether you like to call it ducking or getting a payday as a promoter, it's up to you.

It's such a shame that Floyd is no longer in his prime. Compare the Cotto and even the Ortiz fight to the Corrales fight for example. There's a difference in speed, reflexes, athletic ability etc. thus Floud has less depth in his game than he did before.

I would like to see Cotto vs Martinez. If Martinez wins by being able to be more effective than Cotto was against Mayweather at certain skills, we know he has a great chance against Mayweather.
Is Dirrell signed to Mayweather? Thought he was with 50 cent
BretN is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #80
Peabob
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Even if Ricky Hatton come back now and beat him TKO4 Floyd is still an ATG and nothing that happens from now will change that. He may as well have 1 last fight and retire with honour.
Peabob is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #81
prelude
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
do you think pacquiao in his current state could beat floyd?
Who knows but one thing forsure is that PAC is good enough scared the shit out if Floyd. Everytime they do an interview on Floyd and when they asked him about PAC, it's time for the Ali scenario.
prelude is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #82
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 5000

Alvarez will "De La Hoya Vs. Mayweather" Floyd...
Just like Oscar passed the torch, Money passes it to the new King.
(Either way.. Mayweather has lost his "May 5th" date to the new owner)

Exit: Money
Enter: Dinero

Last edited by Hatesrats; 11-14-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 10:53 AM   #83
flashy k.o
Supporter of E.E fighters
ESB Addict

Floyd should've fought with Pacquiao in 2009, period . Right now its a pointless fight.

The only 2 good fights left for Floyd imo are : Martinez at 154 and maybe Garcia at ww !
flashy k.o is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #84
D-Wreck
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 912

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretN View Post
Is Dirrell signed to Mayweather? Thought he was with 50 cent
50 and Mayweather parted ways.... as far as I know, 50 Cent is promoting Dirrell, Gamboa and I think Billy Dib. Mayweather apparently did not put up his portion of the money to get the promotional company started.
D-Wreck is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #85
oibighead
G.O.A.T.
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy k.o View Post
Floyd should've fought with Pacquiao in 2009, period . Right now its a pointless fight.

The only 2 good fights left for Floyd imo are : Martinez at 154 and maybe Garcia at ww !
Garcia ?

**** Garcia, hes a clown.
oibighead is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #86
simon850
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pac or Martinez otherwise retire.
simon850 is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #87
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oibighead View Post
Garcia ?

**** Garcia, hes a clown.
He will be fed to Floyd once he dismantles Zab
sbbigmike is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #88
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbigmike View Post
He will be fed to Floyd once he dismantles Zab
^I can defo see that... Or the winner of Berto/Guererro.
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 03:11 AM   #89
kalunya5964
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjl12 View Post
There's only one fighter older than Floyd that people consider can beat him, and that's Sergio Martinez.

I hope you're not insinuating that, should Floyd beat Manny, he waited until Manny was "shot?" Floyd's nearly three years older than Manny. Should the fight happen (which I don't think it will) and should Floyd win, he gets full credit. Floyd is more *shot* than Manny, as he is years older.

In a sense though, nobody can be more shot than Manny. I mean, he's shootin' up them roids alllllllllllllll day
No, I wasn't insinuating Pac. I just said the fact that Roger at least knew that some fighter can defeat Floyd and that obviously did not include Pac since he said as he had been saying that Floyd would whoop his (Pac's) ass. To make it simple, I meant that Floyd would never fight anyone he thought capable of beating him because he wanted to preserve his undefeated record.
kalunya5964 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 06:02 AM   #90
BretN
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatesrats View Post
Alvarez will "De La Hoya Vs. Mayweather" Floyd...
Just like Oscar passed the torch, Money passes it to the new King.
(Either way.. Mayweather has lost his "May 5th" date to the new owner)

Exit: Money
Enter: Dinero

Canelo needs to fight an actual test before getting in there with the best fighter in the world. If your idol is Canelo i'm amazed you want him fed to Floyd already. He's nowhere near ready
BretN is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum