miniq is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #17
Money
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 135
Default Re: Broner and this brush gimmick

I like the guy, will be watching him this weekend. But am I the only one not thinking this brushing his hair schtick is pretty stupid? It seems like his fat dad keeps it going. I dunno, I just dont get it? And it actually makes me cringe and feel bad for 800lb Fat Dan when he writes an article. Its kinda disrespectful and looks like a circus act with this fat man brushing a boxers hair in the ring???
Money is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #18
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

It's harmless, but it's getting old. If he's half the entertainer he thinks he is, he can do better.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 05:16 PM   #19
SugarRayRobin
Journeyman

vCash: 1055

I like the guy, will be watching him this weekend. But am I the only one not thinking this brushing his hair schtick is pretty stupid? It seems like fat Dan keeps it going. I dunno, I just dont get it? And it actually makes me cringe and feel bad for his 800lb father when he brushes his hair. Its kinda disrespectful and looks like a circus act with this fat man brushing a boxers hair in the ring???
SugarRayRobin is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #20
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by goby View Post
I like the guy, will be watching him this weekend. But am I the only one thinking this brushing his hair schtick is pretty stupid? It seems like fat Dan keeps it going. I dunno, I just dont get it? And it actually makes me cringe and feel bad for his 800lb father when he brushes his hair. Its kinda disrespectful and looks like a circus act with this fat man brushing a boxers hair in the ring???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilesey View Post
I like the guy, will be watching him this weekend. But am I the only one not thinking this brushing his hair schtick is pretty stupid? It seems like fat Dan keeps it going. I dunno, I just dont get it? And it actually makes me cringe and feel bad for his 800lb father when he brushes his hair. Its kinda disrespectful and looks like a circus act with this fat man brushing a boxers hair in the ring???
Quote:
Originally Posted by KasperLokz13 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
its the brush, homie. daaaaaaaa brrrrrrrush

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatesrats View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger3000 View Post
It's just his way of getting attention... he must be doing something right because were talking about him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilesey View Post
Stay on topic please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threetime no1 View Post
You know the topic, please stay on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
he copies floyd

he copies ali (ali was seen brushing his own hair in his later years in the post fight interview)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbells View Post
I like Fat Dan, will be watching him this weekend. But am I the only one thinking his 800lb father is pretty stupid? It seems like his hair keeps it going. I dunno, I just dont get it? And it actually makes me cringe and feel bad for a circus act with this fat man when he is disrespectful. Its kinda in the ring and looks like this weekend with hair schtick.
Quote:
I guess. But why have your dad brush your hair like a servant? I mean, thats your father. Maybe have some two bit whore follow you around to do that. If Im his 800lb father not only am I worried about my heart spontaneously exploding, but I would be worried as to why my kid has me looking like a douche combing his hair when Im his father??
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwighttsharpe View Post
If you followed him, you would know that originally, his homies started out doing the brushing.

Only after he became (in)famous did Pop's take over. Apparently, this is something Pop wanted to do.

And geez, it's all in fun, and making them big $$$.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
The thing has a life of its own.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Quote:
Ok, if thats their thing. I know its all in fun, but you cant come up with something actually funny or that might come off a little more novel for a boxer (Broner screams unoriginality between the "brush" idea and acting like a poor mans Floyd Mayweather)? But ya, thats their deal. As long as his fights keep being entertaining and he keeps winning, Ill "brush" off the combing the hair thing by the fat guy. And of course Im now a hater just because I think its stupid even though I still enjoy watching his fights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniq View Post
He is just a pure gimmick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money View Post
I like the guy, will be watching him this weekend. But am I the only one not thinking this brushing his hair schtick is pretty stupid? It seems like his fat dad keeps it going. I dunno, I just dont get it? And it actually makes me cringe and feel bad for 800lb Fat Dan when he writes an article. Its kinda disrespectful and looks like a circus act with this fat man brushing a boxers hair in the ring???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
It's harmless, but it's getting old. If he's half the entertainer he thinks he is, he can do better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarRayRobin View Post
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #21
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I like the guy, will be watching him this weekend. But am I the only one thinking this brushing his hair schtick is pretty stupid? It seems like fat Dan keeps it going. I dunno, I just dont get it? And it actually makes me cringe and feel bad for his 800lb father when he brushes his hair. Its kinda disrespectful and looks like a circus act with this fat man brushing a boxers hair in the ring???
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 05:58 PM   #22
Hyland
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDUUDDDEE View Post
Hyland is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 05:58 PM   #23
chris1089
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

chris1089 is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #24
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

First off, Wach is nothing more than a 6'7" walking punching bag. No head movement, no jab, shit for balance - essentially he's par for the course that is Wlad's typical opponent.

As far as the Baby Klit is concerned, anyone who thinks this guy has one of the best jabs in HW history is seriously DELUSIONAL and needs to go watch some films of Larry Holmes or Sonny Liston. Those guys had ATG jabs. Wlad, OTOH has absolute SHIT for a jab. There's no snap on it, he spends most of the time pawing with it - and after he throws that conviction-less jab of his, he drops his left hand down to his waist inviting a counter right hand. Definitely not ATG stuff here.

Also, Wlad's right hand power is grotesquely overrated by the Klit lickers in this forum. Comparing Wlad's right hand to that of Lennox Lewis is like comparing a Ford Mustang to a high end Ferrari. Lennox throws his right hand with more conviction, more confidence, better technique and better leverage. IOW, in terms of right hand power, Lennox is in another league. I saw Wach each flush right hands from the opening round to the final stanza and at no time did I think he was in danger of being stopped. Wlad, OTOH, had a few deer-n-headlight moments.

Lastly, Wlad's stamina is an issue. To me, he looked gassed after the 8th after unloading on Wach - and Wach was STILL coming forward for the remainder of the fight.

I watched that fight thinking what a prime or near prime Evander Holyfield would do to that disgrace of a HW "Champion".
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #25
LancsTerrible
Different Forms of Game.
ESB Addict

vCash: 2238

LancsTerrible is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 06:16 PM   #26
miniq
神風
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Am I going blind?

miniq is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #27
gurby22
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 4229

???Gnir eht ni riah srexob a gnihsurb nam taf siht htiw tca sucric a ekil skool dna luftcepsersid adnik stI .riah sih sehsurb eh nehw rehtaf bl008 sih rof dab leef dna egnirc em sekam yllautca it dnA ?ti teg tnod tsuj I ,onnud I .gniog ti speek naD taf ekil smees tI ?diputs ytterp si kcithcs riah sih gnihsurb siht gnikniht eno ylno eht I ma tuB .dnekeew siht mih gnihctaw eb lliw, yug eht ekil I
gurby22 is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #28
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

Quote:
I guess. But why have your dad brush your hair like a servant? I mean, thats your father. Maybe have some two bit whore follow you around to do that. If Im his 800lb father not only am I worried about my heart spontaneously exploding, but I would be worried as to why my kid has me looking like a douche combing his hair when Im his father??
You're 100% correct... He should have his bird comb his hair! Not his fat ass daddy...
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 10:20 PM   #29
gatorbama
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDUUDDDEE View Post
First off, Wach is nothing more than a 6'7" walking punching bag. No head movement, no jab, shit for balance - essentially he's par for the course that is Wlad's typical opponent.

As far as the Baby Klit is concerned, anyone who thinks this guy has one of the best jabs in HW history is seriously DELUSIONAL and needs to go watch some films of Larry Holmes or Sonny Liston. Those guys had ATG jabs. Wlad, OTOH has absolute SHIT for a jab. There's no snap on it, he spends most of the time pawing with it - and after he throws that conviction-less jab of his, he drops his left hand down to his waist inviting a counter right hand. Definitely not ATG stuff here.

Also, Wlad's right hand power is grotesquely overrated by the Klit lickers in this forum. Comparing Wlad's right hand to that of Lennox Lewis is like comparing a Ford Mustang to a high end Ferrari. Lennox throws his right hand with more conviction, more confidence, better technique and better leverage. IOW, in terms of right hand power, Lennox is in another league. I saw Wach each flush right hands from the opening round to the final stanza and at no time did I think he was in danger of being stopped. Wlad, OTOH, had a few deer-n-headlight moments.

Lastly, Wlad's stamina is an issue. To me, he looked gassed after the 8th after unloading on Wach - and Wach was STILL coming forward for the remainder of the fight.

I watched that fight thinking what a prime or near prime Evander Holyfield would do to that disgrace of a HW "Champion".
gatorbama is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #30
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

Quit copying and pasting the same shit! How lame... Back on topic. Broner is smart for being an interesting personality. He will make more $$$ because of it..
slugger3000 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum