boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #16
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Just watched Wlad vs Wach: A few thoughts....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric Flair View Post
Woooooo!
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #17
j0llsrud
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 748

If Lewis had so superawesome power, why is his KO% 72,73? I havn't seen all og Lewis fights, but in my opinion he was cautious in a lot of his fight, never used full power, but just jabbed away and kept his distance. Lewis was boring to watch, but he was a good fighter.

And Nay_Sayer, I'm impressed how much energy you use to talk **** about the K-bros, it's amazing, if you had been working all the time you wrote bad things about K2 you would be a wealthy man!
j0llsrud is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #18
Nay_Sayer
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0llsrud View Post
If Lewis had so superawesome power, why is his KO% 72,73?
Probably because, unlike Wlad, he didn't spend the whole of his career fighting rejects from Joe Louis' "Bum of the Month" club.
Nay_Sayer is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #19
Irländsk
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Larry Holmes lost to an inflated LHW with gammy knees..twice. Couldn't hold him off with that ATG jab.
Liston KO'd a long string of bums, KO'd LHW Floyd Patterson twice, disgracefully quit against Ali...twice, then KO'd along list of bums before one of them finally put him out of his misery.
Irländsk is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #20
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 197

Brit****s
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 07:39 PM   #21
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

This was a horrible performance by Wladimir. He won the fight but looked terrible in doing so. He literally gassed out from hitting Wach in the chin so much - never once thinking to throw a body shot to wear the big guy down.

That said - it has to be said that the loss of Manny Steward affected Wlad mentally. I'm curious to see if he can return to form in the coming months.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 07:40 PM   #22
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
Probably because, unlike Wlad, he didn't spend the whole of his career fighting rejects from Joe Louis' "Bum of the Month" club.
when did quitali ever throw a one punch KO shot?
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #23
Stinky gloves
Champion
East Side Guru

... or maybe Wach's defense (along with his size) is not as bad as everybody thinks
that is why Wlad's jab was not as much effective as usually and Wach's chin is
exceptional so Wlad's punching power was not enough to knock Wach's out?

Some people are thinking just in one dimensional way, for me the fight has shown that:
- Wlad is skilful and fast boxer with technique and fluidity that is why Wach looked slow and his defense looked poor
- Wach has ATG chin that is why Wlad's jab was not effective and his punching power looked diminished

I bet with different opponents Wlad will keep knocking people out as he usually does while
Wach will dance circles around the slower boxers than him, and knowing he can take any
shot he will walk thru and knock out the smaller and weaker dudes.
Stinky gloves is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 07:51 PM   #24
Monty90
Journeyman

This is the worst thread i have ever read. Awful from start to finish.
Monty90 is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #25
stanislove12
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty90 View Post
This is the worst thread i have ever read. Awful from start to finish.
What did you expect, the person who started the thread is a complete jackass... i dont even know what he wrote as he is on my ignore list... but i am sure it is probobly ****.
stanislove12 is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #26
Sir Will Wigan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric Flair View Post
Woooooo!
"To be 'The Man', you've got to beat 'The Man'!!!"
Sir Will Wigan is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #27
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

I read to where the thread starter said that Wlad has a **** jab. That will be the last post that I ever read by him.
WiDDoW_MaKeR is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #28
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishPummler View Post
Brit****s
Ukranicas.

------------------------------

OP, I'm with you about 80%.

Wlad 'aint Vitali. Not even close. I'm always reading about his awesome jab, but I have yet to see it. It's so slow, I'm not sure you can even call it a range-finder. When he does throw it a little bit faster, it's always from down low, which negates much of its power.

And yes, he tends to gas easily. Amazing that he had to clinch Wach several times, after throwing a SINGLE L-R combination !

His right isn't as bad as you make out. He does get a lot of extension (leverage) on it, and it's quite fast. The problem is, he's so bloody reluctant to throw it with conviction, as you wrote. If he threw 30 straight rights in that fight, only 5-6 of them had actual "serious intent" behind them. Wlad was fighting a human punching bag and STILL didn't have the ***** to commit.

Also, Wlad is so bloody 1-dimensional, any truly elite HW should be able to avoid or block every right he throws. It's the same ****ing punch every time. No cross, no upper cuts, no body shots.....
--------------------------

The other 5% of your post I disagree with: Despite his weak-ass left jab, what does make it dangerous is that he has the fairly unique ability to turn it into a hard left at any pint, literally after he strats it. Sort of a half-hook. This is a great way to catch your opponent off-guard, although it would never KO him.

Problem is, as with the straight right, Wlad doesn't like to throw it. He's afraid of getting countered.
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 09:53 PM   #29
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
First off, Wach is nothing more than a 6'7" walking punching bag. No head movement, no jab, **** for balance - essentially he's par for the course that is Wlad's typical opponent.

As far as the Baby Klit is concerned, anyone who thinks this guy has one of the best jabs in HW history is seriously DELUSIONAL and needs to go watch some films of Larry Holmes or Sonny Liston. Those guys had ATG jabs. Wlad, OTOH has absolute **** for a jab. There's no snap on it, he spends most of the time pawing with it - and after he throws that conviction-less jab of his, he drops his left hand down to his waist inviting a counter right hand. Definitely not ATG stuff here.

Also, Wlad's right hand power is grotesquely overrated by the Klit lickers in this forum. Comparing Wlad's right hand to that of Lennox Lewis is like comparing a Ford Mustang to a high end Ferrari. Lennox throws his right hand with more conviction, more confidence, better technique and better leverage. IOW, in terms of right hand power, Lennox is in another league. I saw Wach each flush right hands from the opening round to the final stanza and at no time did I think he was in danger of being stopped. Wlad, OTOH, had a few deer-n-headlight moments.

Lastly, Wlad's stamina is an issue. To me, he looked gassed after the 8th after unloading on Wach - and Wach was STILL coming forward for the remainder of the fight.

I watched that fight thinking what a prime or near prime Evander Holyfield would do to that disgrace of a HW "Champion".
100% correct, post of the week

You see through the bull****
theboy_racer is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #30
Wilson
Journeyman

Quote:
First off, Wach is nothing more than a 6'7" walking punching bag. No head movement, no jab, **** for balance - essentially he's par for the course that is Wlad's typical opponent.

As far as the Baby Klit is concerned, anyone who thinks this guy has one of the best jabs in HW history is seriously DELUSIONAL and needs to go watch some films of Larry Holmes or Sonny Liston. Those guys had ATG jabs. Wlad, OTOH has absolute **** for a jab. There's no snap on it, he spends most of the time pawing with it - and after he throws that conviction-less jab of his, he drops his left hand down to his waist inviting a counter right hand. Definitely not ATG stuff here.

Also, Wlad's right hand power is grotesquely overrated by the Klit lickers in this forum. Comparing Wlad's right hand to that of Lennox Lewis is like comparing a Ford Mustang to a high end Ferrari. Lennox throws his right hand with more conviction, more confidence, better technique and better leverage. IOW, in terms of right hand power, Lennox is in another league. I saw Wach each flush right hands from the opening round to the final stanza and at no time did I think he was in danger of being stopped. Wlad, OTOH, had a few deer-n-headlight moments.

Lastly, Wlad's stamina is an issue. To me, he looked gassed after the 8th after unloading on Wach - and Wach was STILL coming forward for the remainder of the fight.

I watched that fight thinking what a prime or near prime Evander Holyfield would do to that disgrace of a HW "Champion".
debatable
Wilson is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum