Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #16
joe33

vCash:
Default Re: 2012:Wlad's lost year

And yet my fellow brits dont rip haye to bits for having what ?, 2 fights per year, and going off on tv shows like he is now, after haye did chisora he should have tried to fight some top men instead of once again trying to get a klit fight, the mans a straight up prick........and sadly if he really went for it he could have had quite a HW career
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #17
UBC Boxing

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboy_racer View Post
Well said OP and Huck

Both telling it as it is
Huck is looking for a pay day and has nothing to threaten Wladimir with. Huck would be an easier fight than Wach.
UBC Boxing is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #18
UBC Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe33 View Post
And yet my fellow brits dont rip haye to bits for having what ?, 2 fights per year, and going off on tv shows like he is now, after haye did chisora he should have tried to fight some top men instead of once again trying to get a klit fight, the mans a straight up prick........and sadly if he really went for it he could have had quite a HW career
More like one fight a year.
UBC Boxing is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #19
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBC Boxing View Post
Huck is looking for a pay day and has nothing to threaten Wladimir with. Huck would be an easier fight than Wach.
That isn't the point, what he said was right if you ignore the stuff about himself
theboy_racer is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #20
11player
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yeah, in the end that's how it turned out, but it wasn't Wlad's fault for the most part. Arreola was supposed to happen, Fury turned down several offer.

Tony Thompson was a mandatory, Wach was a decent contender, Mormeck was a mistake he never did anything at HW.
11player is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #21
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Meh. Due to the results of 2012 we now have allowed enough others to build themselves up to a much higher standard and even the WBC have actually lent their hand in getting rid of chumps like Stiverne and Arreola from Wlad's sights leaving him a freehand to in theory have his definitive year which on paper will be 2013.

Povetkin mandatory. The only man other than his brother that stands a shot at ending Wlad's reign since Peter.

Pulev mandatory. Finally someone who can actually attempt his own jab on the master of the art.

Adamek/Solis to round up the year with a great legacy enhancing fight.

Very tough ask to cut through all those but if he does it'll be quite the achievement.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 09:24 PM   #22
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11player View Post
Yeah, in the end that's how it turned out, but it wasn't Wlad's fault for the most part. Arreola was supposed to happen, Fury turned down several offer.

Tony Thompson was a mandatory, Wach was a decent contender, Mormeck was a mistake he never did anything at HW.
None of those would have done more for Wlad's career than who he actually fought.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 10:51 PM   #23
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

One day, we'll see some worthy challengers, like Wepner, London, Musto, Rademacher, McNeeley, Rodriguez and Ferguson. Those were the murderers' row challengers. Things will never be like they were though. In the golden days of pugilism. For then, men were men, title challengers were always made of iron and had HOF resumes and earned their title shots the hard way, swimming against the tide. What I wouldn't give for a JP Coopman or Richie Dunn, right about now. Ali wouldn't get out of bed to fight a guy like Thompson.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #24
Montero
Left Hook from HELL!!!
East Side Guru

Lining em up, knocking em down...

3 fights in a year (rare for champs these days) and didn't lose a single round.
Montero is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:50 AM   #25
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

2012 was a good year for Waldo. 3 fights, 1 mandatory, no injuries. 2013 could see Povetkin & Pulev I hope so that should be even better.
madballster is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 02:13 AM   #26
p4pBute
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I have no problem with momack, no one was calling wlad out, an he wanted to stay busy, if he fights charr 1st next year, as long as he doing it to stay busy, an no one legit is stepping up who cares,,,,as a fan I like him to take 3 fights a year, I look forward to them, I could care less what some dip shit who only wants wlad to lose thinks who is worthy. Hell you haters should be happy he taking these fights, wlad looked past fighters before an lost (Brewster, purity, an sanders) this is probley your only real chance for him to lose. Go ask Hayes if he was ready for him or peters (either fight)
p4pBute is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 02:16 AM   #27
bremen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
One day, we'll see some worthy challengers, like Wepner, London, Musto, Rademacher, McNeeley, Rodriguez and Ferguson. Those were the murderers' row challengers. Things will never be like they were though. In the golden days of pugilism. For then, men were men, title challengers were always made of iron and had HOF resumes and earned their title shots the hard way, swimming against the tide. What I wouldn't give for a JP Coopman or Richie Dunn, right about now. Ali wouldn't get out of bed to fight a guy like Thompson.
bremen is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 02:21 AM   #28
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerun View Post
Answer: Offer reasonable contracts for once. A German newspaper published an article just a few weeks ago about Boente's slave contracts but I couldn't be bothered to make a thread about it, although I'm sure I'll do it someday.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Even if you were to beat Wlad, you must rematch him and and his brother and even though you're the champ, you submit yourself to K2 Promotions in all three fights - you fight under their conditions and you earn the smaller portion of the purse. That's unprecedented. Also, in case of not attending a press conference, you have to pay a 100.000 fee which is significantly more than any other promoter ever asked for.
They have all the negotiation power. Why should they give power away to opponents who can't draw flies to shit? In your first job, did you demand the same salary as the CEO? You had no negotiation power, just like most of his opponents don't. Wlad brings in the $$$, not them.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 02:24 AM   #29
freelaw
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
freelaw is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 03:03 AM   #30
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerun View Post
Answer: Offer reasonable contracts for once. A German newspaper published an article just a few weeks ago about Boente's slave contracts but I couldn't be bothered to make a thread about it, although I'm sure I'll do it someday.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Even if you were to beat Wlad, you must rematch him and and his brother and even though you're the champ, you submit yourself to K2 Promotions in all three fights - you fight under their conditions and you earn the smaller portion of the purse. That's unprecedented. Also, in case of not attending a press conference, you have to pay a 100.000 fee which is significantly more than any other promoter ever asked for.
I don't see the big deal about this. It's called negotiating power. If you're a nobody then you get a shit contract. Just like if you got no education you get dishwasher job instead of the CEO treatment. That's how life works.

Mandatory challengers don't sign slave contracts. Any fighter who doesn't like a Bonte contract can simply become mandatory challenger
madballster is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum