Old 11-14-2012, 11:00 PM   #61
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 346
Default Re: Arum RE: Mares-Donaire: "We will Pay for Mares but NO Co-Promotion"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
You are ****ing clown along with all the rest of the morons that come on here wishing someone dead. You guys are a pathetic waste of life yourselves. Go find a mirror if you even know what one is.
yeah that's right. I wish Arum was gone so he wasn't still here ****ing with the sport I love and drawing fans away from it.

You go tell your boss that's what I said. Tell Arum that shit when he hands you your pay check
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #62
MollyWhop
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
You are ****ing clown along with all the rest of the morons that come on here wishing someone dead. You guys are a pathetic waste of life yourselves. Go find a mirror if you even know what one is.
i dont wish him death, but i damn sure won't shed a tear or be sad about it.
ill be fine with "retirement". ****em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
yeah that's right. I wish Arum was gone so he wasn't still here ****ing with the sport I love and drawing fans away from it.

You go tell your boss that's what I said. Tell Arum that shit when he hands you your pay check
MollyWhop is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 11:05 PM   #63
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post

You haven't responded to one point I made. Instead you make shit up because you have little or no knowledge of how things work in the real world. You live in your fantasy world here thinking because you and your clique are somehow have something important to say about boxing. YOU DON'T. You and your little friends here don't represent 0.0001% of the paying public. Get over yourself.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #64
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyWhop View Post
i dont wish him death, but i damn sure won't shed a tear or be sad about it.
ill be fine with "retirement". ****em.

If you don't see that GBP is no different than Sourland then I don't know what to tell you. Sourland was in Arum's office supposedly negotiation Abraham/Pavlik when he already had a Abraham signed up for the SS tourney yet to this day people blame Pavlik for not making the fight happen. It really doesn't take much to see through these games if you WANT to. But, this isn't so much a boxing site for most as a fan boy site anymore. Just about all of the posters I stayed for are now gone so don't worry. I probably won't be around much long either.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #65
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
If you don't see that GBP is no different than Sourland then I don't know what to tell you. Sourland was in Arum's office supposedly negotiation Abraham/Pavlik when he already had a Abraham signed up for the SS tourney yet to this day people blame Pavlik for not making the fight happen. It really doesn't take much to see through these games if you WANT to. But, this isn't so much a boxing site for most as a fan boy site anymore. Just about all of the posters I stayed for are now gone so don't worry. I probably won't be around much long either.
The accusation that everyone else on the site is a fanboy whilst trying to make yet another thread all about poor Pavlik is hilarious. Well done.
purephase is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #66
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by purephase View Post
The accusation that everyone else on the site is a fanboy whilst trying to make yet another thread all about poor Pavlik is hilarious. Well done.
Not one attempt by any of you to refute the points I've made. POORLY DONE!
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #67
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Not one attempt by any of you to refute the points I've made. POORLY DONE!
You've scarcely made any actual substantive point in this thread besides calling everyone blind Golden Boy fans, flinging insults, and saying that Oscar lies too but is also a queer. I'm so sorry no one can measure up to your truly elevated level of commentary and the undeniable objectivity of your posts. Feel free to call me Karl Rove or something, it was hilarious the first three times.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:27 PM   #68
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
He's not the biggest name but any following > no following, which is what Gamboa has.
But Gamboa has a guaranteed HBO slot, PDL mostly gets brought in as opponent. Case in point, this fight.
lester proctor is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 11:33 PM   #69
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lester proctor View Post
But Gamboa has a guaranteed HBO slot, PDL mostly gets brought in as opponent. Case in point, this fight.
It's pretty questionable HBO would continue guaranteeing Gamboa dates regardless of opponent once the Lopez cake blew up. There's also of course the fact that Top Rank wasn't interesting in putting Garcia in with him, therefore leaving the company empty-handed around his actual weight class and forcing the dumb Rios fight later. And of course, TV dates ≠ following; Gamboa may have had the former but has never had the latter.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #70
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
It's pretty questionable HBO would continue guaranteeing Gamboa dates regardless of opponent once the Lopez cake blew up. There's also of course the fact that Top Rank wasn't interesting in putting Garcia in with him, therefore leaving the company empty-handed around his actual weight class and forcing the dumb Rios fight later. And of course, TV dates ≠ following; Gamboa may have had the former but has never had the latter.
HBO dates >> whatever following a guy like PDL has. In terms of money, prestige, future opportunities...

And no doubt HBO is onboard the Gamboa train, he wasn't riding Lopez, much less Garcia's coattails. Of course, it's not something he cant screw up if he's dumb enough
Old 11-14-2012, 11:43 PM   #71
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
HBO dates >> whatever following a guy like PDL has. In terms of money, prestige, future opportunities...

And no doubt HBO is onboard the Gamboa train, he wasn't riding Lopez, much less Garcia's coattails. Of course, it's not something he cant screw up if he's dumb enough
At best for Top Rank it was a situation equivalent to the one they just had with Vanes where they had absolutely no idea what to do with a guy. TV dates are of course of paramount importance, but I think you're grossly overestimating HBO's interest in and commitment to Gamboa after Lopez went down, especially for a fight in the second half of 2011 when most of the year's budget was gone thanks to the Alexander-Bradley mess and other Greenburg decisions.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:48 PM   #72
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
At best for Top Rank it was a situation equivalent to the one they just had with Vanes where they had absolutely no idea what to do with a guy. TV dates are of course of paramount importance, but I think you're grossly overestimating HBO's interest in and commitment to Gamboa after Lopez went down, especially for a fight in the second half of 2011 when most of the year's budget was gone thanks to the Alexander-Bradley mess and other Greenburg decisions.
Dude Gamboa is a premier talent. Not only that, he's exciting as hell. HBO recognizes this, everyone in boxing does.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:57 PM   #73
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Dude Gamboa is a premier talent. Not only that, he's exciting as hell. HBO recognizes this, everyone in boxing does.
Unfortunately of course excitement and recognition of excitement is rarely connected to the ability to procure TV dates, especially if one doesn't draw.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:00 AM   #74
Leonit
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1666
Default Re: Arum RE: Mares-Donaire: "We will Offer Money but NO Co-Promotion"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJFan View Post
Agreed. But to be fair, he's going to make more money promoting Donaire-Mares than splitting it with GBP. Can't be blamed really.
But the fight won't happen at all. You don't do successful negotiations by constantly bulling the other side
Leonit is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #75
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
You've scarcely made any actual substantive point in this thread besides calling everyone blind Golden Boy fans, flinging insults, and saying that Oscar lies too but is also a queer. I'm so sorry no one can measure up to your truly elevated level of commentary and the undeniable objectivity of your posts. Feel free to call me Karl Rove or something, it was hilarious the first three times.
This statement is factually incorrect, but I'm not surprised. The part saying you don't measure up isn't the problem though.
Hermit is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum