Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #76
markq
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Arum RE: Mares-Donaire: "We will Pay for Mares but NO Co-Promotion"

In other words, he's a threat to Donaire and let's do everything we can to not make this fight but give the appearance we are.
markq is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 12:08 AM   #77
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Arum RE: Mares-Donaire: "We will Offer Money but NO Co-Promotion"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonit View Post
But the fight won't happen at all. You don't do successful negotiations by constantly bulling the other side
This all started (anew) when GBP broke the truce. After Oscar got 'reborn' he supposedly buried the hatchet with TR. Arum went ballistic when they turned around and put on a free card against his PPV. You simply don't do that to another promoter. GBP knew EXACTLY what it meant.

What about Mayweather telling Pac he has to leave Arum if he wants a fight? Which came first. Mayweather uses GBP for his negotiations so I don't wanna hear this has nothing to do with GBP. I can't believe people forget this stuff. They just leave it off to make the point they want to believe.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:11 AM   #78
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

Mares is getting paid and you homos want to see Oscar standing behind the fighters during weigh in?

Really?
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:15 AM   #79
Leonit
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
This all started (anew) when GBP broke the truce. After Oscar got 'reborn' he supposedly buried the hatchet with TR. Arum went ballistic when they turned around and put on a free card against his PPV. You simply don't do that to another promoter. GBP knew EXACTLY what it meant.

What about Mayweather telling Pac he has to leave Arum if he wants a fight? Which came first. Mayweather uses GBP for his negotiations so I don't wanna hear this has nothing to do with GBP. I can't believe people forget this stuff. They just leave it off to make the point they want to believe.
Floyd is talking shit on a consistent basis so he can not be taken seriously. I agree that the card was a provocation but at the end of the day both cards did pretty well and the gates were good. GBP are no saints for sure but I believe that there are more willing to make fights with Arum then the other way around.
Leonit is online now  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:19 AM   #80
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

If there was any doubt what so ever why Mayweather vs Pacquiao has'nt been made, Arum's stance here absolutely seals why the fight has'nt and will likely never be made.
divac is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:20 AM   #81
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJFan View Post
On the S. Arum says he will offer money for Mares's services to make the Donaire fight but NO co-promotion. Reasonable stance.
Only a reasonable stance if he offers to pay Mares what he would have gotten had the fight been copromoted. Plus, a fighter can't just dump a promoter for a fight. The only way this (two guys with major promoters fight on a card that only one of the promoters promoted) happens in real life is if the fight is won at a purse bid, or if the firms at based out of different countries.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #82
MollyWhop
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobyZhee View Post
Mares is getting paid and you homos want to see Oscar standing behind the fighters during weigh in?

Really?
get real. Arum is basically saying **** YOU. you think GBP is just going to let Arum scoop up all of the money from such a big event? that's not fair to GBP who has spent alot of time getting Mares to where he is at right now.

that's not gonna happen. Arum yet again showing he won't do business with GBP even for the big fights.
MollyWhop is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #83
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
GBP are no saints for sure but I believe that there are more willing to make fights with Arum then the other way around.
As I said earlier. They are like Sourland. They work the public perception to make you believe that. Sourland said Abraham would fight Sturm for FREE to take his belt. Sturm immediately accepted. You remember seeing that fight? No difference here. They don't want Arum making a nickel off of their fighters anymore than TR wants them making a nickel off of theirs. I also doubt they believe Mares beats Donaire so they are just using this as a publicity stunt. My take anyhow. I'll be shocked if either side makes a serious offer. GBP are free to talk now because of the Arce fight. Nothing can even be discussed until after that. I'll bet Mares has another opponent before that with GBP saying TR wouldn't talk to them.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:26 AM   #84
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
If there was any doubt what so ever why Mayweather vs Pacquiao has'nt been made, Arum's stance here absolutely seals why the fight has'nt and will likely never be made.
Floyd, "Take it or leave it". Yep, that was Arum's fault. Floyd, "If Pac wants a fight, he has to leave Arum". Yep, Arum's fault again. You guys are so perceptive.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:34 AM   #85
Leonit
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
As I said earlier. They are like Sourland. They work the public perception to make you believe that. Sourland said Abraham would fight Sturm for FREE to take his belt. Sturm immediately accepted. You remember seeing that fight? No difference here. They don't want Arum making a nickel off of their fighters anymore than TR wants them making a nickel off of theirs. I also doubt they believe Mares beats Donaire so they are just using this as a publicity stunt. My take anyhow. I'll be shocked if either side makes a serious offer. GBP are free to talk now because of the Arce fight. Nothing can even be discussed until after that. I'll bet Mares has another opponent before that with GBP saying TR wouldn't talk to them.
Oscar has shown more desire to put his fighters at risk with the exception of Canelo. Khan and Ortiz were both challenged relatively early in their careers with very tough fights. Broner too is taking a tough challenge directly at LW. I think they are willing to make the Donaire, fight and they believe in his chances. They can not come close to that money with any other fight. Oscar as a fighter didn't duck any body I don't see why he is going to push his fighters duck difficult challenges. A lot of what we say is going to be a speculation as nobody in here know all the details. That's just my feeling. You make some valid point tho and I respect that.
Leonit is online now  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #86
vonBanditos
Mσderator
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3818

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodong View Post
this gbp/tr feud goes way back when greenburg/hbo and gbp tried to bury TR by not giving them any dates. oscar then went on to say that he wants to control boxing for the benefit of boxing fans.
Their feud goes back to when Oscar had his contract with Arum invalidated on a technicality. I think all promoters are scum and even I felt a little sympathy for how badly Oscar ****ed Arum over. Just a little, though.
vonBanditos is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:44 AM   #87
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Oscar has shown more desire to put his fighters at risk with the exception of Canelo.
I wonder if their match makers are just not that good to be honest. The look on Canelo's and Oscar's faces when Ortiz quit was priceless. (Ortiz was right to quit, not going there)
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:44 AM   #88
MarcDSparC
Journeyman

i thought flat fee is fair offer?
MarcDSparC is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:53 AM   #89
paypayvay
Journeyman

what's tragic about this guy is that his death will be celebrated by boxing fans
paypayvay is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 02:22 AM   #90
dodong
>>PACQUIAO<<
East Side VIP

vCash: 115

here's the situation...per donaire himself, TR pays him .8mil/fight.

the highest i could estimate HBO paying for this fight based on how much they've paid for other fight is 1.5mil. lowest mares would likely agree for this fight is .6mil.....that leaves for the 200k for TR before promotional expenses.
dodong is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum