Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-15-2012, 07:02 AM   #16
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947
Default Re: Kronk Gym Currently

Just found these quotes in an article:

"You are talking about a gym – the name alone is a part of my upbringing going back to when I was an amateur fighter. Seeing the gym as it is now, from the outside and the inside it’s very hard to look at. As Wladimir said, all of the Kronk Fighters that trained under Emanuel Steward are united in keeping that legacy going as he would" - Banks

"Kronk Gym has existed for a long time and it will continue to exist. I will do my dedication to that. Fortunately there are a lot of people in Detroit – a lot of boxers as well – who have worked under Emanuel Steward. I’m taking responsibility, but I am more than sure that all of us are united in our strategy of preserving the spirit of Emanuel Steward in Kronk Gym." - Wlad

Looks like it's not closing down, which is great news, but also sounds like it's in bad condition atm.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 07:15 AM   #17
davidmcallister
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post

"You are talking about a gym the name alone is a part of my upbringing going back to when I was an amateur fighter. Seeing the gym as it is now, from the outside and the inside its very hard to look at. As Wladimir said, all of the Kronk Fighters that trained under Emanuel Steward are united in keeping that legacy going as he would" - Banks

"Kronk Gym has existed for a long time and it will continue to exist. I will do my dedication to that. Fortunately there are a lot of people in Detroit a lot of boxers as well who have worked under Emanuel Steward. Im taking responsibility, but I am more than sure that all of us are united in our strategy of preserving the spirit of Emanuel Steward in Kronk Gym." - Wlad

Looks like it's not closing down, which is great news, but also sounds like it's in bad condition atm.
I'm pretty sure they will be meaning that it has maybe lost a bit of the magic rather than the actual condition of the club. It will be a strange place to be at the minute so soon after the passing of Emanual.
davidmcallister is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #18
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post

"You are talking about a gym the name alone is a part of my upbringing going back to when I was an amateur fighter. Seeing the gym as it is now, from the outside and the inside its very hard to look at. As Wladimir said, all of the Kronk Fighters that trained under Emanuel Steward are united in keeping that legacy going as he would" - Banks

"Kronk Gym has existed for a long time and it will continue to exist. I will do my dedication to that. Fortunately there are a lot of people in Detroit a lot of boxers as well who have worked under Emanuel Steward. Im taking responsibility, but I am more than sure that all of us are united in our strategy of preserving the spirit of Emanuel Steward in Kronk Gym." - Wlad

Good to the the Klitchkos stepping up.

What ever you think about them in the ring there's no doubting they're a class act outside it.
boranbkk is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum