Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #136
theboss
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 961
vCash: 500
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezel8764 View Post


That's a pretty good point.
Then DANNY williams is better then LL because right after the LL fight williams koed mike in only half the time it took LL ??? ect ect ect . In boxing that isn't even a point . I hope this helps you . PS You also might want to check out who KOed SHANNON BRIGGS faster then LL also . lol
theboss is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #137
Maximus
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 505
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
Then DANNY williams is better then LL because right after the LL fight williams koed mike in only half the time it took LL ??? ect ect ect . In boxing that isn't even a point . I hope this helps you .
Tyson had ruptured one of his cruciate ligmaments in the Williams fight. It's hard enough to stand with that injury, let alone fight. If anything Tyson should get credit for carrying on when lesser fighters quit with shoulder injuries.
Maximus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:46 AM   #138
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,819
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
but he's always been more willing to engage and get his opponent out early.
This is not what people thought of Lewis when he was active

Amongst other things, he was called hesitant, phlegmatic, boring and "thinking too much" back in the 90s. Sound familiar?
madballster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #139
theboss
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 961
vCash: 500
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Tyson had ruptured one of his cruciate ligmaments in the Williams fight. It's hard enough to stand with that injury, let alone fight. If anything Tyson should get credit for carrying on when lesser fighters quit with shoulder injuries.
And the only reason VITALY lost to LL was a cut cause by a lucky glancing punch ( thats a fact ) . LL in fact got koed by the ROCK . MASKIEV koed the rock twice . Does that mean he's better then LL . You characters are making assclowns of yourselves trying to make the KLITS look bad . Its really pathetic .
theboss is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #140
theboss
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 961
vCash: 500
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

Quote:
Originally Posted by madballster View Post
This is not what people thought of Lewis when he was active

Amongst other things, he was called hesitant, phlegmatic, boring and "thinking too much" back in the 90s. Sound familiar?
Exactly .
theboss is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #141
Maximus
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 505
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

Quote:
Originally Posted by madballster View Post
This is not what people thought of Lewis when he was active

Amongst other things, he was called hesitant, phlegmatic, boring and "thinking too much" back in the 90s. Sound familiar?
And people saying that were wrong, but it has absolutely nothing to with people saying the same about Wlad, because it's very true in his case. The second half of Lewis' career was mostly a succession of former world champs, ATGS, Hall of famers and the main man from the successive era. Wlad doesn't have that excuse.
Maximus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:07 AM   #142
stanislove12
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Winnipeg... white whit north
Posts: 409
vCash: 387
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

I am a hugh klitschko Fan but Lennox's resume trumps Wlad's at this point... however If Wlad does beat a few top guys who go to rule the division in future years things could change. Lenox had the chance to fight guys who were considered Great by the time he fought them... Wlad didn't have the same chance. Just guesstimating here but if you pool the oponenets from both resumes then the best 2-3 wins belong to Lennox. Ultimatly it depends how you rate Wlad's opponenets, personally i think byrd would beat holyfield (styles make fights) but holyfield has acocomplished more at heavyweight and is a better name. Tyson is a great name but at the time he fought lennox he probobly wasn't even top 10 heavyweight. Vitaly is a great win for Lennox... outside of those 3 names all other opponenets are similar for both resumes.
stanislove12 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #143
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,819
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
The second half of Lewis' career was mostly a succession of former world champs, ATGS, Hall of famers and the main man from the successive era. Wlad doesn't have that excuse.
How do you know how many of Wlad's past and future opponents will make it into the HOF

There lies the fallacy of your argument.

When Lennox demolished Vitali nobody thought it was a meaningful win for his resume. Now - 10 years later - it looks like one of his best wins altogether.
madballster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #144
Maximus
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 505
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
And the only reason VITALY lost to LL was a cut cause by a lucky glancing punch ( thats a fact ) . LL in fact got koed by the ROCK . MASKIEV koed the rock twice . Does that mean he's better then LL . You characters are making assclowns of yourselves trying to make the KLITS look bad . Its really pathetic .
The TKO6 thread is that way ^^^
Maximus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #145
tezel8764
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,941
vCash: 527
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

K2 Fans: Did the Klitschko's at any point in time (late 90's - early 00's) attempt to make a fight with Holyfield?
tezel8764 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #146
Maximus
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 505
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

Quote:
Originally Posted by madballster View Post
How do you know how many of Wlad's past and future opponents will make it into the HOF

There lies the fallacy of your argument.
No, the fallacy would be if your argument is that Wlad's opponents will all go on to be ATGs, world champs and Hall of Famers, despite their being no evidence to back that up, and Lewis beat most of his opponents when they had already had succesful careers or were being thought of as Hall of Famers. The win over Vitali doesn't add much to his legacy (although it is one of his best wins in hindsight), he was already a certain ATG at that point and he would never get near Ali and Louis.
Maximus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #147
stanislove12
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Winnipeg... white whit north
Posts: 409
vCash: 387
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezel8764 View Post
K2 Fans: Did the Klitschko's at any point in time (late 90's - early 00's) attempt to make a fight with Holyfield?
I don't know. I think Vitaly never wanted to fight holyfield but it was based on Holyfield being his idol more than anything else.
stanislove12 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:23 AM   #148
Player3
THE Anti-Nutthugger
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Murrika
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

Quote:
Originally Posted by madballster View Post
This is not what people thought of Lewis when he was active

Amongst other things, he was called hesitant, phlegmatic, boring and "thinking too much" back in the 90s. Sound familiar?
That's not going to sound familiar to anybody. Because your claims on how Lewis was viewed in the 90's are patently false.

He made his name by completely walking thru, in short time, opponents that were previously highly regarded (Ruddock, Golota, Grant etc.). Not by boxing with "hesitancy" & cautioness and stinking out the joint in his biggest showcases.


Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
And the only reason VITALY lost to LL was a cut cause by a lucky glancing punch ( thats a fact ) . LL in fact got koed by the ROCK . MASKIEV koed the rock twice . Does that mean he's better then LL . You characters are making assclowns of yourselves trying to make the KLITS look bad . Its really pathetic .
Vitali lost to Lewis because he failed to heed the referee's dressing room instructions... "protect yourself at all times"... and utterly failed at defense and took a beating so savage that he was physically unable to continue.
Player3 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:28 AM   #149
Maximus
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 505
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player3 View Post
That's not going to sound familiar to anybody. Because your claims on how Lewis was viewed in the 90's are patently false.

He made his name by completely walking thru, in short time, opponents that were previously highly regarded (Ruddock, Golota, Grant etc.). Not by boxing with "hesitancy" & cautioness and stinking out the joint in his biggest showcases.




Vitali lost to Lewis because he failed to heed the referee's dressing room instructions... "protect yourself at all times"... and utterly failed at defense and took a beating so savage that he was physically unable to continue.
Lewis was viewed by some as too thoughtful, especially coming after the Tyson whirlwind. He was always far more aggressive than this version of Wlad though.
Maximus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #150
theboss
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 961
vCash: 500
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
No, the fallacy would be if your argument is that Wlad's opponents will all go on to be ATGs, world champs and Hall of Famers, despite their being no evidence to back that up, and Lewis beat most of his opponents when they had already had succesful careers or were being thought of as Hall of Famers. The win over Vitali doesn't add much to his legacy (although it is one of his best wins in hindsight), he was already a certain ATG at that point and he would never get near Ali and Louis.
Their oponents won't go on to any of this . Not because they dont match up well with past eras but because the KLITS have been so dominant . The cause and effect have these clowns confused .
theboss is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013