Old 11-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #136
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao/Marquez III: Sh*t just got real

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
The fights have always been boxistically dominated by JMM.

Despite losing almost every round, and because of JMM's propensity to hit the deck when getting to aggressive, the feeling one gets during these Marquez-Pacquiao fight is that one shot followed by Pacquiao's whirlwind assault after can change everything at any time in the fight.

The thing is though, that when you get outclassed and outboxed round by round, you need to score a knockout (not a knockdown) to win such fight.
JMM is the better boxer from a technical standpoint, but he never dominated Pac in anything he did in 36 rounds.....JMM may have won more rounds overall but Pac inflicted more damage overall. Boxing is the name of the game but being the kind of fighter with the talent Pac has goes a long way, obviously.

The thing about this series is thus far......neither has been able to "outclass" or "outbox" the other....they win mini wars with each fight and the outcome is always close compeitive fights.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #137
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
JMM is the better boxer from a technical standpoint, but he never dominated Pac in anything he did in 36 rounds.....JMM may have won more rounds overall but Pac inflicted more damage overall. Boxing is the name of the game but being the kind of fighter with the talent Pac has goes a long way, obviously.

The thing about this series is thus far......neither has been able to "outclass" or "outbox" the other....they win mini wars with each fight and the outcome is always close compeitive fights.
Thats not the way I see it. On my scorecard Pacquiao won 3, 3, and 2 rounds in each of the respective fights. Thats boxistical domination from my perspective, and the fights were not that hard to score.

You dont take a knockdown in any round and have it carry over to your scoring of other rounds. I think thats where alot of fight fans go wrong.
A third round knockdown is a third round knockdown, you dont score the 4th and subsequent rounds with the mindset that Pacquiao knocked down Marquez in the 3rd!

Round by round boxistical domination of a whirlwind offensive machine like Manny Pacquiao, not an easy thing to do, but Juan Manuel Marquez most certainly did it!
divac is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #138
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Thats not the way I see it. On my scorecard Pacquiao won 3, 3, and 2 rounds in each of the respective fights. Thats boxistical domination from my perspective, and the fights were not that hard to score.

You dont take a knockdown in any round and have it carry over to your scoring of other rounds. I think thats where alot of fight fans go wrong.
A third round knockdown is a third round knockdown, you dont score the 4th and subsequent rounds with the mindset that Pacquiao knocked down Marquez in the 3rd!

Round by round boxistical domination of a whirlwind offensive machine like Manny Pacquiao, not an easy thing to do, but Juan Manuel Marquez most certainly did it!
Then I can see why you have such an interesting opinion about the 3 fights between these two. Let's say your perception was reality.....then words like "dominate"..."robbery" and "outclassed" would be appropriate.

None of the fights were hard to score in my opinion....there were some really close rounds out of the 36 that could be considered "hard" to score but most were clear one way or the other.

Some fans could be swayed to score favorably in rounds that follow for the guy who put their opponent on their ass....or if they see blood....or if they see sweat fly...but those who know how to score a fight know a boxing match consists of mini battles...in the form of rounds that are scored individually. That's how I score a boxing match anyway.

Juan and Pac did well against each other....both saw an equal amount of success even though the numbers reflect favorably for Manny. Most see this series as close as it gets.....I believe they should be 1-1-1.

Last edited by KnuckleUp99; 11-14-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #139
PhilthyRich
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
Are you that bored and bumping old threads because your idol Floyd is no where to be found? Floyd my boy too but dam man you need to get a life and find another hobby than bumping old threads in attempts to discredit pactards who do not even need the attention.
PhilthyRich is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:32 AM   #140
kalunya5964
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORMIDABLE View Post
It's always been as personal as it gets with Pac concerning Marquez, ever since their first fight due to JMM's constant whining and refusal to give Pac any credit after their fights.
But that's Marquez! He's undefeated in his career! Simply been robbed a few times!
kalunya5964 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:41 AM   #141
MarcDSparC
Journeyman

if marquez didnt fight like a scared little bitch, maybe he would of won the fight.

ill knock pac out, then run like a bitch scared of his daddy.

now we have another, ill knockout pac this time.

then worries who the judges will be...smh.
MarcDSparC is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 03:49 AM   #142
bernie4366
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1090

Quote:

The only reason for someone to be upset over a shirt llike that is if the quote on it were true.

The fact that all three, Pac, Roach, and Ariza squirm and get upset over a quote on a shirt, says alot.

Those 3 stooges know who won both those fights, and they're upset its exposed on a shirt.

Notice how team Pac talks shit about how Manny is a different beast now and that he'll knock Marquez out inside 5 rounds.........I dont see team Marquez going into a hissy fit over it.
......and why should they? Why get upset over something they know is all talk?

If the shoe fits, wear it........and those stooges over at team Pacquiao's camp are all wearing clown shoes upset over a shirt.
They're not upset lol, they're just looking for hype. These two guys getting in the ring together... by now they're basically just two master craftsmen comparing their skillsets. I think that's about as emotional as it gets for them.
bernie4366 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 04:48 AM   #143
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie4366 View Post
They're not upset lol, they're just looking for hype. These two guys getting in the ring together... by now they're basically just two master craftsmen comparing their skillsets. I think that's about as emotional as it gets for them.
Dont know if you realize but this is an old thread from before fight 2!

Team Pacquiao was genuinely upset Marquez wore t-shirts claiming he beat Pacquiao twice.
Team Pacquiao really got brave predicting earlly knockouts of Marquez and believing he was old and easy pickings at welter.
I doubt they get that brave again!
divac is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 05:04 AM   #144
ptm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Manny fought like shit, head wasn't in the game at all, lackluster effort and still whooped him.
ptm is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 05:59 AM   #145
BretN
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Congrats to everyone who said Manny would dominate/stop Marquez in 2011. Real good prediction guys
BretN is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 06:10 AM   #146
MarioBrothers
Contender
ESB Senior Member

please, these people have marketing teams, promotional company and advisors working for them.
MarioBrothers is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 07:22 AM   #147
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
Then I can see why you have such an interesting opinion about the 3 fights between these two. Let's say your perception was reality.....then words like "dominate"..."robbery" and "outclassed" would be appropriate.

None of the fights were hard to score in my opinion....there were some really close rounds out of the 36 that could be considered "hard" to score but most were clear one way or the other.

Some fans could be swayed to score favorably in rounds that follow for the guy who put their opponent on their ass....or if they see blood....or if they see sweat fly...but those who know how to score a fight know a boxing match consists of mini battles...in the form of rounds that are scored individually. That's how I score a boxing match anyway.

Juan and Pac did well against each other....both saw an equal amount of success even though the numbers reflect favorably for Manny. Most see this series as close as it gets.....I believe they should be 1-1-1.
I never scored the pac-JMM first fight, I just watched & enjoyed... I did however score fights 2 & 3.... Marquez won both fights so the best pac can hope for is to be on the wrong end of a 2-1 score in their series.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 07:23 AM   #148
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptm View Post
Manny fought like shit, head wasn't in the game at all, lackluster effort and still whooped him.
Your a retarded chimp.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 08:00 AM   #149
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
I never scored the pac-JMM first fight, I just watched & enjoyed... I did however score fights 2 & 3.... Marquez won both fights so the best pac can hope for is to be on the wrong end of a 2-1 score in their series.
Nah.....2nd fight Pac won a clear....but close compeitive fight. Like JMM beat Pac in the rubber match....it was close and compeitive throughout....but in my opinion, Juan did enough to win. 1-1-1 is what reality is even though what's on paper is 2-0-1 for Manny.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #150
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 3571

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilthyRich View Post
Are you that bored and bumping old threads because your idol Floyd is no where to be found? Floyd my boy too but dam man you need to get a life and find another hobby than bumping old threads in attempts to discredit pactards who do not even need the attention.
No I bumped it because I was showing boxing fanatic that they were saying the same things before this fight
bballchump11 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum