Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #151
Maximus
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 505
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
Their oponents won't go on to any of this . Not because they dont match up well with past eras but because the KLITS have been so dominant . The cause and effect have these clowns confused .
How can two fighters 'dominate' the same division at the same time? I've asked this question many times but a Klitard is yet to answer.

My version of domination is what Lewis did to Vitali's face btw.
Maximus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #152
theboss
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 961
vCash: 500
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Lewis was viewed by some as too thoughtful, especially coming after the Tyson whirlwind. He was always far more aggressive than this version of Wlad though.
VLAD has lost less rounds and KOed more oponents and has actually had more fights over a longer reign then LL . get over it .
theboss is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #153
theboss
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 961
vCash: 500
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
How can two fighters 'dominate' the same division at the same time? I've asked this question many times but a Klitard is yet to answer.

My version of domination is what Lewis did to Vitali's face btw.
Your version of domination is you getting bent over and taking a **** up your ass .
theboss is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #154
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,587
vCash: 1449
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesandman View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Manning is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #155
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,826
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Hall of Famers, despite their being no evidence to back that up
You mean like there was evidence that Vitali Klitschko was going to be a HOFer right after Lennox tore his face off? You assume the evidence is always clear cut (pun intended) and that's obviously wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Lewis beat most of his opponents when they had already had succesful careers or were being thought of as Hall of Famers.
Critics would point out that with the exception of Vitali, Lennox big name wins never achieved much after losing to him and were therefore way past their best. Again, you can't have it both ways.

We will only know the final historical standing of Wlad's opponents long after Wlad retires. Like it or not, but that's how things work. Note that I am not one of those deluded guys who claim Wlad's resume is better than Lennox'. All I am saying is it's too early to tell. Wlad has to add more meat to his resume, but he still has time to do so. Or maybe he gets knocked out by another random bum and his resume will get torn to shreds over it.

We won't know until we know.
madballster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #156
Maximus
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 505
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
VLAD has lost less rounds and KOed more oponents and has actually had more fights over a longer reign then LL . get over it .
Ah yes, the Klitard ATG criteria, rounds won, fights against southpaws, longer title reins, KO ratio. The rest of us who considered level of opposition and clearing out your division as ATG criteria have been wrong all this time
Maximus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #157
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,587
vCash: 1449
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

Quote:
Originally Posted by madballster View Post
How do you know how many of Wlad's past and future opponents will make it into the HOF

There lies the fallacy of your argument.

When Lennox demolished Vitali nobody thought it was a meaningful win for his resume. Now - 10 years later - it looks like one of his best wins altogether.
Vitali is by far Lewis's best win. That should be quite clear to everybody.
Manning is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #158
theboss
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 961
vCash: 500
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Ah yes, the Klitard ATG criteria, rounds won, fights against southpaws, longer title reins, KO ratio. The rest of us who considered level of opposition and clearing out your division as ATG criteria have been wrong all this time
They bias way you tards evaluate fighters opposition is whats retarded .
theboss is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #159
darwoody
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: God's Own County
Posts: 1
vCash: 100
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

Ruddock
Golota
Holyfield
Klitschko
Tua
Mercer

Are all better wins than any Wlad has on his resume.
So yeah, you're talking shit.
darwoody is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #160
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,767
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

MrMagic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #161
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,767
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

Wladimirs record is hardly deeper than Vitali, let alone Lennox.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #162
Maximus
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 505
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

Quote:
Originally Posted by madballster View Post
You mean like there was evidence that Vitali Klitschko was going to be a HOFer right after Lennox tore his face off? You assume the evidence is always clear cut and that's obviously wrong.

Critics would point out that with the exception of Vitali, Lennox big name wins never achieved much after losing to him and were therefore way past their best. Again, you can't have it both ways.

We will only know the final historical standing of Wlad's opponents long after Wlad retires. Like it or not, but that's how things work. Note that I am not one of those deluded guys who claim Wlad's resume is better than Lennox'. All I am saying is it's too early to tell. Wlad has to add more meat to his resume, but he still has time to do so. Or maybe he gets knocked out by another random bum and his resume will get torn to shreds over it.

We won't know until we know.
You are assuming Vitali will be a Hall of Famer, his resume and sharing of the division would suggest otherwise in most reasonable fans books. I'm not sure mythical H2H status ensures you a place, but then playing a boxer in a movie is enough so who knows. There's always the 'Barry McGuigan Precedent' I guess.

As for the final historical standing of Wlad's opponents, please name one that you think will even get near the HOF at this point (I'll give you Byrd maybe). Without laughing if possible. Most of the guys touted as potential champs have been avoided by both Klits so far, although I think the likes of Price, Fury and Helennius will turn out to be B level eventually anyway.
Maximus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #163
theboss
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 961
vCash: 500
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
You are assuming Vitali will be a Hall of Famer, his resume and sharing of the division would suggest otherwise in most reasonable fans books. I'm not sure mythical H2H status ensures you a place, but then playing a boxer in a movie is enough so who knows. There's always the 'Barry McGuigan Precedent' I guess.

As for the final historical standing of Wlad's opponents, please name one that you think will even get near the HOF at this point (I'll give you Byrd maybe). Without laughing if possible. Most of the guys touted as potential champs have been avoided by both Klits so far, although I think the likes of Price, Fury and Helennius will turn out to be B level eventually anyway.
Keep grasping .
theboss is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #164
theboss
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 961
vCash: 500
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

The day LL retired there was suddenly no more good fighters . We got it .
theboss is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #165
Maximus
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 505
Default Re: lennox's resume is hardly better than wlad's

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
Keep grasping .
I'm not the one who's grasping, the burden of proof is on you ****tards to prove that any of Wlad's opponents will go on to better things, despite their being no evidence or indication any of them will. You can also list reasons why Vitali will be a Hall of Famer, based on what, his resume?
Maximus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013