Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
Quinton_Mob
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default just read Fred Evans joining the world boxing series!

Seriously what is wrong with our Olympic boxers, they did great and a few of them including Fred looked like they have all the tools to turn pro. They would make fortunes even at domestic level.

I just don't get it?
Quinton_Mob is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
GladiatoR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1586
Default Re: just read Fred Evans joining the world boxing series!

Campbell doesn't look like he'd suit the pro ranks. Plus I'm sure they'd rather stay at the highest level as an amateur and earn decent money than turn pro and start all over again.

Especially when looking at the athletes from 4 years ago.
GladiatoR is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #3
JamieC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

ye they wont have been offered anywhere near what the last lot got, and the WSB was offering silly money by all accounts, is campbell in this? and whens Stalker officially turning over?
JamieC is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #4
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

How would they make fortunes at domestic level?

The Team GB lads are very well looked after & earn a decent, reliable salary. With the WSB they can earn even more & still retain their amateur status.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieC View Post
ye they wont have been offered anywhere near what the last lot got, and the WSB was offering silly money by all accounts, is campbell in this? and whens Stalker officially turning over?
Campbell, Stalker & Joshua arent involved, the full team squad is on the WSB website.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #6
Quinton_Mob
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
How would they make fortunes at domestic level?

The Team GB lads are very well looked after & earn a decent, reliable salary. With the WSB they can earn even more & still retain their amateur status.
You telling me Anthony Joshua will be better of as an amateur then if he turned pro?

To tell you the truth I don't know how much they get but they are all going to turn pro eventually and to maximize earnings they should do it while there names are still fresh from the Olympics
Old 11-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #7
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Joshua would be much better off.

-Four more years experience
-Acclimatise himself to getting hit with no headguards
-Develop more of a pro' style adjus.ting for 10 point must system

Sorry to say but Stalker will do nothing as a pro'. Maybe I'm being unfair but he looked one of the worst boxers of the games IMO. So sloppy.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #8
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinton_Mob View Post
You telling me Anthony Joshua will be better of as an amateur then if he turned pro?

To tell you the truth I don't know how much they get but they are all going to turn pro eventually and to maximize earnings they should do it while there names are still fresh from the Olympics
Who is going to pay the Olympians a fortune to fight at a domestic level? 4 years on from Bejing is David Price a millionaire?

Hearn & Hennessey have limited tv dates & another promoter alledgedly has problems paying fighters on time, if at all.

Youve got a point, but, they've had a look at the current landscape & all decided they're better off as amateurs.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #9
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I agree on Stalker Flea, I always thought out of all the Olympians he'd be the least likely to turn pro. Joshua abd Campbell should both have gone for it IMO. Obviously, both are gold medallists but to me they are the two most talented and likely to succeed as professionals so getting exposure to a form of the Pro game without actually turning over and facing stiffs for a year, would be really beneficial I feel. They could then progress quicker as a result when they actually go into the paid ranks
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #10
Quinton_Mob
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
Who is going to pay the Olympians a fortune to fight at a domestic level? 4 years on from Bejing is David Price a millionaire?

Hearn & Hennessey have limited tv dates & another promoter alledgedly has problems paying fighters on time, if at all.

Youve got a point, but, they've had a look at the current landscape & all decided they're better off as amateurs.
Mabe I'm missing something but Audley, khan, degale all had massive hype , tv deals, sold tickets etc. They must be earning some good wedge or just don't fancy it
Old 11-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #11
davidmcallister
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Most of the lads are getting good money from team GB, if you look at the money they earn from that they get all expenses paid for training, accomodation, food and all their supplements. They also get all their trips paid for to travel all around the world!!
I'm sure that they will be offered good money to be involved in the WSB and still get all these benefits with the chance to box at the Olympics in Brazil 2016.
davidmcallister is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #12
Quinton_Mob
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
I agree on Stalker Flea, I always thought out of all the Olympians he'd be the least likely to turn pro. Joshua abd Campbell should both have gone for it IMO. Obviously, both are gold medallists but to me they are the two most talented and likely to succeed as professionals so getting exposure to a form of the Pro game without actually turning over and facing stiffs for a year, would be really beneficial I feel. They could then progress quicker as a result when they actually go into the paid ranks
You not rate ogogo?
Old 11-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #13
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You not rate ogogo?
Not as much as the two mentioned, no. I can't be sure how they'd all do as Pros but Ogogo looked a bit ragged at times to me and I'm not sure he would do better than donestic level honestly. No slight on that but I think the other 2 have the potential to go far
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:51 PM   #14
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

Quote:
Mabe I'm missing something but Audley, khan, degale all had massive hype , tv deals, sold tickets etc. They must be earning some good wedge or just don't fancy it
There isnt much floating around at the moment & the team GB lads recieve great support & training.

Audley got a BBC deal, Khan was on ITV & DeGale was offered silly money by Frank. Sadly, in 2012 none of the Olympians will have the same options but they do have a sweet set-up in Sheffield & the chance to fight under more pro conditions in the WSB whilst retaining their lottery funded pay cheques.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:51 PM   #15
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
Flea Man is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum