Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #31
EuroBot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: When will people realize Wlad was not in his prime when he lost 3 times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberingC.S. View Post
The points are:
1-wlad wasn't in the CHIN prime when all of his losses happened

2-Against Ross Puritty he totally gassed out in 8 rounds, shooting all that he got to obtain an impressive ko; unfortunately Ross Puritty had a monster chin, and also bomb fists; still, Wlad wasn't koed, to the contrary, he seemed totally indifferent to the bombs landing on his head, and finished on his foots; but his corner threw in the towel; Wlado was really disappointed for that stopping with his corner; and was really young and naive;

3- Corrie Sanders: he was probably the most dangerous southpaw ever lived, it has been a mistake to fight him with so little experience; mostly, corrie used (not volountarily) his head as an anvil, with Wlado's head between his head and his hook, two times consequently; there are slow motion videos that shows that; Wlado didn't recover by that unusual strikes, but mostly his cornermans were totally unprofessional, they didn't know what he had to do to avoid or limit more damage, they didn't tell him nothing; still, even if floored 4 times, he was still on his foots when the referee (correctly) stopped the fight; he wasn't knokked out;

4-Out of the 3 losses, Lamont Brewster is the one that when mentioned clearly shows ignorance or biased options: Waldo has been poisoned, he seemed tired even before the start happened, he wasn't there with the head; He never had the full strenght, he was gassed out already at the start of the fight; Emmanuel Steward (whose words peoples don't listen, but they consider him the greatest, wtf?) said that he can recognize well the signs of punch stunnings, and that Waldo didn't have these signs; additionally, blood tests after the fight showed crazy sugar levels in the blood; other tests couldn't be made because the blood sample HAVE BEEN DESTROYED; it's true, it's all written; Waldo was poisoned in that fight, so to bring it as an example is utterly irrelevant and biased; and after that, go watch the Lamont Brewster 2 fight, the rematch: Wladimir must be Lamont's worst nightmare.
I like Wladimir but this has to be a joke.
EuroBot is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #32
blagovech
esbs #1 pedo
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: When will people realize Wlad was not in his prime when he lost 3 times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryx2012 View Post
oh my god this has to be a joke
i heard worse i remember some poster here said that ross purrity is p4p the hardest puncher who ever lived
blagovech is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #33
BoxingDomain
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 700

Guys, it's as simple as this:

There's a reason Wladimir hasn't lost in the last 8.5 years, in which time he's faced better opponents than those he previously lost to, it's because WLADIMIR IS BETTER NOW.

DEAL WITH IT.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
BoxingDomain is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #34
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26664

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingDomain View Post
You are talking like it's 7-8 years ago. He does not have those problems now.
Aye, I'm just playing with Suzie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49 View Post
That's funny. He only took on the best puncher/finisher in the heavyweight division in the last 5 years in David Haye.

We haven't seen any of these in the past 8 years because he has CHANGED as a fighter

He's only fighting the best the division has to offer.

O, I forgot. You want him to fight chris fat arreola right? The guy who lost too tomasz averagemek Those are vitalis two best wins right?

Yes they do, Wlad has improved more than any other fighter in the past 10 years.

In short, in a match between 2010 wladimir klitschko vs 2003 vitali klitschko....Wlad outboxes vitali all night for a clear unanimous decision
Haye wasn't aggressive like specified. Taking one punch while moving away from a non-aggressive Haye proves nothing. But, since I took all but the last few lines from comments you made in late 2009...

Quote:
Wlads biggest weaknesses are Durability, Stamina, and Panic Attacks. Unfortunetley for Wladimir..Marcianos biggest strengths(Punching Power, Relentless pressure, and high volume of punches) are kryptonite to wlads biggest weaknesses. Marciano has the power to knock wlad out, the relentless pressure to force wlad to tire, and has the high volume of non stop punching and will to force wladimir into a panic attack like brewster and purrity did. Only few fighters in history have the tools to make wlad pay for these weaknesses and Marciano is one of them. Lately Wladimir Klitschko has not been taking on aggresive punchers. In fact the last one he did take on Crude Sam peter floored him 3 times.

I like Rocky in this one by mid round-late stoppage. Rocky is a horrible matchup for Wladimir. The fight will start with Wlad coming in, but being extremley bewildered as marcianos comes in low at the crouch bending down and weaving at all angles frustrating the hell out of wlad who finds it much easier to land his jab on the men standing up. Marciano slowly makes his way inside as the fight progresses, a couple big shots on the chin followed by a suzy Q and wlad is down. Wlad gets up and marciano continues to pour on the pressure...now wlad is in panic mode he suddenly goes down again. Now he is huffing and buffing looking for air. He is lost. What is going on? he gets up one more time stumbles and the referee stops the fight.
Quote:
In regards to brewster,

I am a huge wlad fan but even I admit brewster was WAY past it for the rematch. coming off a detached retina. the only live version of brewster wlad fought, brewster knocked wlad out. Brewster is nowhere near marcianos class, yet brewsters non stop will aggresion and punching power forced wlad into panic mode, WITH emanuel steward in his corner. Marciano is a step above brewster in these categories.

Lamon Brewster actually said in a interview "I have never seen a fighter with as weak a jaw as wladimir klitschko. emanuel steward as done a great job covering up his chin. But it is so weak." Lamon further commented on how he barely landed on wlads chin at one point and he saw wlads legs shake all the way down and wlad got glassy eyed.

I don't know if I agree with this, but it is interesting nonetheless.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #35
Xerant
Gotta Hate negociations!
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Wlad's prime started post 2006 when his training with Manny Steward finally started to pay dividends, and he began to understand the system. Wladimir has improved A TON since 2004. I think to any non bias observer, it should be clear that Wladimir is a much better fighter now than 10 years ago.

So, my question is, when will people stop bringing up losses that happened 9-14 years ago to a completely different fighter?
Never man, Pac still get pointed for his ko lost from when he was 12.
Xerant is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #36
EuroBot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

There's a reason Wladimir hasn't lost in the last 8.5 years, in which time he's faced better opponents than those he previously lost to, it's because WLADIMIR IS BETTER NOW.

DEAL WITH IT.

He wasn't in his chin prime.
EuroBot is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #37
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

When will people realise that erotic asphyxiation is extremely dangerous unless monitored by a friend or loved one
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #38
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

A lot has changed in 3 years boxed ears. A lot. Wladimir made me a believer.
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #39
jisi
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

DEAL WITH IT.

And this man was his teacher:

jisi is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #40
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

he was in his physical prime (a massive prime btw) but his peak years have certainly been from 06 onwards.

He gassed v purrity when inexperienced over that distance. He ****ed up against Brewster but took the rematch. Sander straight pushed his shit in and I see no reason to ever expect a different outcome between the two.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #41
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
wlad had to redefine the way he fought because of the sanders loss - it had nothing at all to do with prime
this.

thread starter needs to learn what "prime" means
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #42
gobblock
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It's interesting how people acknowledge that Wlad's STYLE was completely different for his losses and before the first Sam Peter fight (most people say the old style was more entertaining and long for its return), yet they're unwilling to say Wlad's adoption of his dominant current style correlates with coming into his prime.

If a dramatic stylistic change that results in a historic reign of dominance following two recent losses doesn't indicate a fighter just may have "entered his prime," then what does?
gobblock is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #43
gobblock
Belt holder
ESB Addict

And I'm pretty sure "chin prime" was a joke. Surely... Right?
gobblock is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #44
BoxingDomain
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobblock View Post
It's interesting how people acknowledge that Wlad's STYLE was completely different for his losses and before the first Sam Peter fight (most people say the old style was more entertaining and long for its return), yet they're unwilling to say Wlad's adoption of his dominant current style correlates with coming into his prime.

If a dramatic stylistic change that results in a historic reign of dominance following two recent losses doesn't indicate a fighter just may have "entered his prime," then what does?
Old 11-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #45
BoxingDomain
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
he was in his physical prime (a massive prime btw) but his peak years have certainly been from 06 onwards.

He gassed v purrity when inexperienced over that distance. He ****ed up against Brewster but took the rematch. Sander straight pushed his shit in and I see no reason to ever expect a different outcome between the two.
I'd argue that his physical prime is the last 6-7 years.
Wlad trains completely different now, he spars a lot more, swims, better diet, etc... which gives him more stamina than he had before.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum