Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #16
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Does anybody genuinely think Ricky Hatton can beat Pacquiao or Mayweather now?

I see the arse bandit crew are out in force again? They really think they run this place don't they? Sat on this forum all day every day and have been for the last 5 years, why don't you just meet up at the next big event and all have an ESB orgy gangbang?

Do you lot honestly think you are getting to me with this crap!?! Don't make me laugh!

A genuine thread, posing a genuine question, and they are here quicker than a bakery selling hot buns. They just can't get enough of me or my view and are now interrupting threads and turning them into *****fests. The same people who think they run the place, are now breaking it.

Well done. This place needs cleaning up, I've been cleaning up this board since I registered, we need power on here, give it to me admin and mods, I'm the man you need!

It doesn't matter anyway, I'm just assembling more people to my ignore list, soon, these people will not exist to me, they can follow me everywhere, post in my threads, fortunately for me and all the other sane people here, we won't be able to see you, or hear you! Hip Hip!

BLISS!

To those that are remaining on topic and discussing the subject, why thank you, we are the real winners on this board, not this bandwagon of scum who ruin it. WE make this forum. Pat yourselves on the back, while I do the same!....it's wonderful ain't it....pat some more! Maybe try with both hands at the same time? Pat! Pat! Pat!
craney91 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #17
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922
Default Re: Does anybody genuinely think Ricky Hatton can beat Pacquiao or Mayweather now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
The Hatton vs Pacman fight was a toss up.
No it wasn't, the only way Hatton could even have gone the distance would have been if he could somehow have not taken any clean shots from Manny for the whole 12 rounds. Wasn't ever going to happen.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #18
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypole View Post
No it wasn't, the only way Hatton could even have gone the distance would have been if he could somehow have not taken any clean shots from Manny for the whole 12 rounds. Wasn't ever going to happen.
Manny Pacman was on steroids mate, where's his power now..? Gone, people are buzzing of him.

Ricky Hatton stops Manny Pac if they ever have a rematch.

It was a toss up fight, and a scrappy affair because Ricky Hatton wanted it that way! and simply was caught first with the big punches, simple.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upvgVpH0zA8[/ame]
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #19
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

A bit of a premature thread no?
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #20
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypole View Post
Ricky is Ricky and always will be Ricky. He doesn't change his style, he doesn't know how to, he only has one gear. Full throttle, chin out, with no regard for safety and defence. Nobody will change that, he is what he is. Ricky is f*cked when up against a smart fighter who has the ability to analyze during a fight, take a step back, and then switch up. Ricky doesn't have that ability, and gets found wanting when he fights somebody who does. He is so easy to exploit, you just have to plant your feet and time a stiff shot, he walks straight onto it and falls like a sack of shit.

He got exposed twice, people will cling onto the "well he lost to the 2 best p4p"....but it doesn't change the fact that he was exposed for what he is, which is an average fighter with a heart of gold. His fanbase, whilst it may consist 99% of chatsworth estate shameless mongs, its a big fanbase, and big for a reason.....but it won't stop him from getting exposed again.

If he thinks he can beat Pacquiao and Mayweather now, then somebody needs to pull him to one side and tell him how it is, before the warnings were not enough and he gets put in an even worse state mentally and maybe physically, than before.

He's just not that good. Still.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #21
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
A bit of a premature thread no?
Why? Because he may stumble at the first hurdle against Senchenkwanko?

If Ricky makes it through and wins, which I believe he will. Then prepare yourself for the bandwagon, buckle up folks, because many deluded sicko boxing fans will think he is the bee's knees again, and ready to smash the very best.

He wasn't good enough in his prime, he isn't going to be good enough with Shannon and a tough 3 years out of drinking, doing drugs and getting fatter than ever.

Fairplay to the man for getting back in shape, this should be commended, but that aint gonna change him in the ring.....you can only go one way in a boxing career once you've been champ and it wasn't just any 3 year old break, it was a tough 3 years out....not gonna make him a better fighter is it....he can only be worse.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #22
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle1 View Post
Hatton got caught cold against Pacquiao, though he would have gotten stopped or well beaten later in the fight anyhow... still I'd like to see them meet again, especially the Pacman!
I don't think he was caught cold mate, It was ridiculously stupid and naive tactics IMO. He went in there believing he was the bigger man and could bully Manny but unlike Cotto and others he didn't have any regard of Manny's ability and got sparked beautifully for it.

Obviously your opinion though . I just don't think he was and wouldn't like to see him fight those two again think he'd lose both again and even more one sided.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #23
thistle1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

he would lose but give pacman a better fight, there both now past it, manny's last fight saw him looking very ordinary!
thistle1 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #24
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
Why? Because he may stumble at the first hurdle against Senchenkwanko?
No, not at all. In all the other Hatton threads I've been saying underestimate Ricky at your peril, I'm a believer, I think he'll come through it and win.

Truth is after 3 rough years out I don't know what to expect. Even though we all know he can't beat Pac or Floyd it'll be easier to asses his chances or lack of post next weekend!
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #25
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
The Hatton vs Pacman fight was a toss up.

It was no master class by Manny Pacman, it was a scrappy affair for as long as it lasted.

Manny Pac simply got his shots off first simply as that. But he was being hit, and roughed up by Ricky Hatton.

I honestly think Ricky Hatton if there is ever a rematch..? Will stop Manny Pacquiao.

I've got a feeling Ricky Hatton will blitz his opponent in his comeback fight.

Yes he has abused his body and caused himself damage, but the human body if given the correct nutrients has a unique ability to repair, regenerate, and detox. Maybe Ricky Hatton is still young enough, to rejuvenate his body. And unlike in his first career, live a lifestyle in between fights like a true athlete, who knows what he can achieve in this second stint!

ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #26
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 416

Probably not. I do have a sneaky feeling though that Hatton (provided he performs well) will get a rematch with one of them.

It would be a HUGE sell and that's all that GBP and Top Rank really care about. Plus the fact that both Pacquaio and Mayweather are both desperate to stay relevant and keep making money without having to fight one another.

Pacquiao's not the same fighter he was back 2009 (possibly because he's not on the PEDs anymore, we don't know for sure do we) and Mayweather looks to be on the decline too.

Rematch with Pacquiao I wouldn't be sure how to call. A rematch with Mayweather would see Floyd beating Ricky again, this time by a decision.

Hopefully we do get to experiences these tremendous fights and their builds ups, boxing needs excitement like that at the moment.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #27
fortysixando
Contender
ESB Senior Member

anything can happen but would probably say no
fortysixando is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #28
OBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
Senchenkwanko?
I almost bought into the fact that you started a reasonable debate and that people were too quick to jump in with abuse.
OBD is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #29
btahthezone
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Same result maybe more comfortable in the Mayweather fight.

He would beat Manny Pacquaio in the rematch very comfortably. But Hatton is the type of fighter Pac Man likes. An aggressive fighter he can pick with shots.

He should look to a big pay day v Khan or Brook IMO.
btahthezone is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #30
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle1 View Post
he would lose but give pacman a better fight, there both now past it, manny's last fight saw him looking very ordinary!
But could he do what Bradley and Marquez have and operate off the back foot and be sharp enough to make him miss?. Both men are not guys who've abused there bodies either.

Think it's tough to ask Hatton to fight at that level again and feel he could give a good display. Suppose we'll see how he does with Senchenko .
SkillspayBills is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum