Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #16
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Julie Benz Island
Posts: 16,369
vCash: 9653
Default Re: Broner says his max weightclass will be 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
Saturdays fight is by no stretch of the imagination a walk in the park.

If Ponce De Leon could put it on Broner, I think Demarco really could cause some serious problems for the problem.
It will be a walk in the park... Broner is going to carry his power and he will have to much of a speed advantage over De Marco. Tony is a tough kid but he's never been championship material in my eyes.. The real question is will Broner KO De Marco?
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 06:20 PM   #17
kwilson71
#MAYDAY
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston,TX
Posts: 1,932
vCash: 75
Default Re: Broner says his max weightclass will be 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
140 is completely stacked now though.


So man good names there.
kwilson71 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:26 PM   #18
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Montenegro
Posts: 5,505
vCash: 461
Default Re: Broner says his max weightclass will be 147

I dont think it will be, when the money is right he will fight at 154, lets see him Saturday but if he later in his career unify 147 no way he will not fight 154 champion for a right amount of money
FilipMNE is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #19
kwilson71
#MAYDAY
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston,TX
Posts: 1,932
vCash: 75
Default Re: Broner says his max weightclass will be 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipMNE View Post
I dont think it will be, when the money is right he will fight at 154, lets see him Saturday but if he later in his career unify 147 no way he will not fight 154 champion for a right amount of money
i always imagined Broner and Canelo meeting up one day years from now. Mainly because I think Canelo will fight at 154 for most of his career,and if both guys careers pan out nicely that could be a huge money fight.
kwilson71 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #20
BretN
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,021
vCash: 75
Default Re: Broner says his max weightclass will be 147

He will be at 135 for a couple of fights. Not enough big names to stick around too long
BretN is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #21
Mrtibbs
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,664
vCash: 1615
Default Re: Broner says his max weightclass will be 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
Saturdays fight is by no stretch of the imagination a walk in the park.

If Ponce De Leon could put it on Broner, I think Demarco really could cause some serious problems for the problem.
Yeah but i see him as a student of the game.

The broner that fought De Leon is no more.

Hes improved since then IMO and is still growing as a fighter. Hes not even fully grown into his body yet, and this is the same for his boxing skill.

He is far from the finished article.
Mrtibbs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #22
Mrtibbs
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,664
vCash: 1615
Default Re: Broner says his max weightclass will be 147

And on the subject, i see 147 being his highest competitive weight catergory, but who knows.
Mrtibbs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:21 PM   #23
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: the DIRTY SOUTH
Posts: 22,755
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Broner says his max weightclass will be 147

he might be lucky if he is 5 foot 6. he will be dwarfed at welterweight
iceman71 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #24
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Memphis
Posts: 4,378
vCash: 462
Default Re: Broner says his max weightclass will be 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
he might be lucky if he is 5 foot 6. he will be dwarfed at welterweight
Broner has almost the same dimensions in height and reach as Floyd...but he's a much naturally heavier guy. Dude is 24 walking around in the mid 150s. He walks around heavier than some 140lbers. I think he'll take some late career JrMW fights, especially if he takes some losses and has to vacate 147.
SouthpawJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #25
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: the DIRTY SOUTH
Posts: 22,755
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Broner says his max weightclass will be 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawJab View Post
Broner has almost the same dimensions in height and reach as Floyd...but he's a much naturally heavier guy. Dude is 24 walking around in the mid 150s. He walks around heavier than some 140lbers. I think he'll take some late career JrMW fights, especially if he takes some losses and has to vacate 147.
floyd is small for 147 (Broner aint floyd...yet) and the only fighters he ever fought at 154 are guys that have come up from 140 (and lower) like him. he has never fought a natural 154 pound guy. Cotto is going to find out very soon what a true 154 pound guy is like while losing.
iceman71 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #26
SouthpawJab
On his way up!! 4-0!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Memphis
Posts: 4,378
vCash: 462
Default Re: Broner says his max weightclass will be 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
floyd is small for 147 (Broner aint floyd...yet) and the only fighters he ever fought at 154 are guys that have come up from 140 (and lower) like him. he has never fought a natural 154 pound guy. Cotto is going to find out very soon what a true 154 pound guy is like while losing.
He's nowhere near Floyd in terms of talent and skill...but he's much much naturally bigger. He'll be damn near walking around at 160 by the time he's in his late 20s early 30s. By that time, he'll probably be a big PPV star that can cherry pick his comp.
SouthpawJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:44 PM   #27
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: the DIRTY SOUTH
Posts: 22,755
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Broner says his max weightclass will be 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawJab View Post
He's nowhere near Floyd in terms of talent and skill...but he's much much naturally bigger. He'll be damn near walking around at 160 by the time he's in his late 20s early 30s. By that time, he'll probably be a big PPV star that can cherry pick his comp.
problem is he aint gonna get any taller.
iceman71 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:22 AM   #28
Beenie
Evolve already!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: On the path to Desire > Fear
Posts: 8,664
vCash: 1389
Default Re: Broner says his max weightclass will be 147

Move to 140. There isn't anyone at 135 who he can make a "big fight" with.
Beenie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013