boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #16
Onemangang

vCash: 500
Default Re: Sam Soliman to announce next opponent tomorrow

Very entertaining match up, Sturm to win a very close one.
Onemangang is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #17
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

What a ****ing idiot Soliman is...Work your ass off to get in a position to get a world title shot..then jump at a pay day,against Wright and lose,and your chance at a title.THEEENNNNNNNN years and years later,DO THE SAME ****ING THING??..your going to germany,STURM AINT GONNA LOSE TWICE IN GERMANY,soliman dont have gary shaw in his corner to have a input on judges/refs etc..he is going over there to be sturms tune up. ****ING IDIOOOOOOOT SOLIMAN
Straight Shoota is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #18
The Spider

vCash:

Sam Soliman would have needed a fight prior to meeting the winner of Geale vs Mundine in the first quarter of 2013. But this fight, assuming it happens, doesn't make a lot of strategic sense for Soliman, and I think Sturm beats him.

Soliman has struggled to get the right fights at the right time throughout his career - he missed out on fighting Lee a while back as an example - and may have just thought this Sturm fight too good an opportunity to pass up.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #19
hookoffthejab
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

and what happens to a geale vs soliman fight if mundane wins tony wont fight sammy again so its off to germany to face felix and sitting around waiting for a chance or actually signing for a big shot is a huge difference sammy has spent plenty of time in the past as sparing partner in europe and fighting he was based over there for a while so going back over there wont be a stretch for him ...
hookoffthejab is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 12:35 AM   #20
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

WTF?sillyman is going to Germany to fight strurm,huge props to him if true!!
Wow just wow!!!!
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 02:46 AM   #21
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Very brave move for Sam, he'll get beaten by Sturm, and be left in the **** like someone else said.
Hopefully it's worth it $$ wise.

He'd actually be better off fighting a can (should have tried to get on Geale/Mandy undercard?), and then fight Geale.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 03:08 AM   #22
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Very brave move for Sam, he'll get beaten by Sturm, and be left in the **** like someone else said.
Hopefully it's worth it $$ wise.

He'd actually be better off fighting a can (should have tried to get on Geale/Mandy undercard?), and then fight Geale.
No chance of getting on the undercard. He's a grub and they want nothing to do with him.
fighta29 is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 03:09 AM   #23
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoctor View Post
WTF?sillyman is going to Germany to fight strurm,huge props to him if true!!
Wow just wow!!!!
He needs these sort of fights, as he's nearly done. He will get beaten a few times now but needs the pay.
fighta29 is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 04:04 AM   #24
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Boys it's prizefighting. He'd get more to fight Sturm in Germany than he would by fighting Geale. Great opportunity for him.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 04:18 AM   #25
bruiserh

vCash:

I hope Le Beave isn't too disappointed that Soliman didnt make the announcement this Friday. My twitter source has let me down
Old 11-16-2012, 04:41 AM   #26
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
Boys it's prizefighting. He'd get more to fight Sturm in Germany than he would by fighting Geale. Great opportunity for him.
i don't know how u can be so sure about that tbh?

i'd like to see how u work out the figures for it.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 04:54 AM   #27
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Soliman, as we all know, is in the mandatory position for the IBF. Under IBF rules, he's entitled to a split of 25% of any purse bid scenario, with Geale getting 75%.

Soliman does not have a big promotional company behind him so there's little to no chance of his winning a purse bid. There'd be next to no interest from overseas promoters to bid on a fight between two Australians...

So Geale's promotional team can effectively offer a low figure for him to fight, which they'd be entitled to, or go to purse bids which they'll win anyway and still Sam would only get 25%.

Sturm has German TV onside, RTL I think, and is known to pay his opponents well due to this revenue. I'm not saying the fight is happening, but I wouldn't blame Sam for taking it, if it does.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 05:02 AM   #28
bruiserh

vCash:

Quote:
Soliman, as we all know, is in the mandatory position for the IBF. Under IBF rules, he's entitled to a split of 25% of any purse bid scenario, with Geale getting 75%.

Soliman does not have a big promotional company behind him so there's little to no chance of his winning a purse bid. There'd be next to no interest from overseas promoters to bid on a fight between two Australians...

So Geale's promotional team can effectively offer a low figure for him to fight, which they'd be entitled to, or go to purse bids which they'll win anyway and still Sam would only get 25%.

Sturm has German TV onside, RTL I think, and is known to pay his opponents well due to this revenue. I'm not saying the fight is happening, but I wouldn't blame Sam for taking it, if it does.
i think that covers it ippy
Old 11-16-2012, 05:03 AM   #29
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

This
fighta29 is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 05:09 AM   #30
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:

thats a very vague statement.

tell us figures.
buster007 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum