Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 11-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
devon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Who do you think won this round

This was the first round and it was very close. I then won the second and him the third. the judges said I lost this round but IDK. Im the guy in the blue shorts
Dont listen with sound and know that when the ref callls for a time it's because i accidently spit out my mouthpiece.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I am not the guy shown at the very beginning

Last edited by devon; 11-15-2012 at 05:33 PM.
devon is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #2
devon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Who do you think won this round

Does it work?
devon is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #3
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Oh man...too hard to tell. Personally. I would hate to have to score fights like this, cuz it's so fast and furious. Plus the video never does a fight justice cuz you can never see how solidly the punches are landing. In the first 20 seconds of the round it appears your opponent was landing more cleanly amidst the flurry. Plus you appeared more tired - dunno if that was the case, but he looked more fresh when the ref separated you. It should not have any bearing on the scoring, but unfortunately, it subconsciously gives judges the impression that he is stronger.
That round looked razor thin to me and impressions, whether right or wrong can make or break a fight. But like I said, too hard to tell from the video. It could have gone either way.
Speechless is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #4
jasper2005
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

other guy landed to many punches at beg he won
jasper2005 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 11:38 PM   #5
devon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speechless View Post
Oh man...too hard to tell. Personally. I would hate to have to score fights like this, cuz it's so fast and furious. Plus the video never does a fight justice cuz you can never see how solidly the punches are landing. In the first 20 seconds of the round it appears your opponent was landing more cleanly amidst the flurry. Plus you appeared more tired - dunno if that was the case, but he looked more fresh when the ref separated you. It should not have any bearing on the scoring, but unfortunately, it subconsciously gives judges the impression that he is stronger.
That round looked razor thin to me and impressions, whether right or wrong can make or break a fight. But like I said, too hard to tell from the video. It could have gone either way.
Thanks for the input i agree that the first 20 seconds he got me real good. When you say i looked tired at the break are you talking about when i lost balance and went into the corner.
devon is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 11:45 PM   #6
jasper2005
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

You didnt look tired to me, amateur boxing scoring is ridiculous they just give it to the more active guy in local shows, u both threw a ton of punches all round but i still feel that beginning part cost u
jasper2005 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 11:54 PM   #7
devon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper2005 View Post
You didnt look tired to me, amateur boxing scoring is ridiculous they just give it to the more active guy in local shows, u both threw a ton of punches all round but i still feel that beginning part cost u
yeah I was really shocked at the beginning because he was taller and a southpaw so my coach was telling me I needed to press the fight I had no idea he was going to throw like that at the beginning. I expected him to use his reach and stay on the outside. I guess now I know and I want a rematch
devon is offline  Top
Old 12-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #8
devon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Bump
devon is offline  Top
Old 12-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #9
CHAL_DIESEL
GOAT
ESB Senior Member

i thought the guy in the puerto rican flag trunks won that round, but i wouldn't dwell on it, because u are obviously a beginner, and you have a ton of heart for trading punches like that. Keep working and i am sure u will do great!
CHAL_DIESEL is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #10
NVSemin
Sugar Boxing
ESB Jr Member

guy in white, I think he was more active. I would not claim he scored more, but he got you in the cornet more often. Being in the corner in amateur boxing is bad, because most of judges do not see you well. But this is your fault. So, again, guy in white had a slight advantage
NVSemin is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #11
RichC
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devon View Post
This was the first round and it was very close. I then won the second and him the third. the judges said I lost this round but IDK. Im the guy in the blue shorts
Dont listen with sound and know that when the ref callls for a time it's because i accidently spit out my mouthpiece.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I am not the guy shown at the very beginning
I have no idea who won that round - very difficult to score.

Must say, you defo have plenty of heart though. Well done.

Not sure how they score bout over in your country but in most amateur bouts, the winner is decided by counting the number of clean blows landed on the target area, with force and delivered with the knuckle part of the glove.

This means you can loose 2 rounds and still win the fight provided you land more total punches in total over the course of the bout.

Are you aware of this? I wasn't aware of this till my forth bout when I lost a majority - I couldn't understand how one of the judges could have me winning when I knew I had the lost the first 2 round badly.
RichC is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #12
devon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
I have no idea who won that round - very difficult to score.

Must say, you defo have plenty of heart though. Well done.

Not sure how they score bout over in your country but in most amateur bouts, the winner is decided by counting the number of clean blows landed on the target area, with force and delivered with the knuckle part of the glove.

This means you can loose 2 rounds and still win the fight provided you land more total punches in total over the course of the bout.

Are you aware of this? I wasn't aware of this till my forth bout when I lost a majority - I couldn't understand how one of the judges could have me winning when I knew I had the lost the first 2 round badly.
Thanks i did not realize that the punches carried over that helps a lot
devon is offline  Top
Old 12-04-2012, 01:49 AM   #13
StillWill
Dr. Eisenfaust
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

no such thing as an undefeated amateur boxer

dont worry about it and keep on the journey
StillWill is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing