Fight 7 43.75%
Avoid 9 56.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2012, 11:40 PM   #31
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 115412
Default Re: Will Donaire duck Mares' challenge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkFan16 View Post
Donaire would wreck Mares. Mares has a MUCH better chance of victory against Rigondeaux than he does against Donaire.
I wouldn't count on it. Mares has fought better opposition for the last two years and he is getting better and better. Donaire has been fighting the weakest champs/contenders and looking terrible.

And the only reason why i would even go into details on the potential fight is bc Donaire will avoid Mares.

Trust me i want people to bet on Donaire so i can win big on Mares.

The public is easily swayed. They don't know the skill level of the fighters. Sold on power and some flash. All that will disappeared when they meet their match.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 11:43 PM   #32
HawkFan16
Unshot/In My Prime
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000 View Post
I wouldn't count on it. Mares has fought better opposition for the last two years and he is getting better and better. Donaire has been fighting the weakest champs/contenders and looking terrible.
Mares is a favorable style matchup for Donaire. Donaire eats come-forward swarmers and brawlers alive. Vasquez, Mathebula, Narvaez, and Nishioka all came to survive, not fight. Mares would take the fight to Donaire and eat some huge shots coming in. He'd eventually get KO'd in the mid to late rounds.
HawkFan16 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 11:45 PM   #33
megavolt
Constantly Shadowboxing
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Nit pick? You must think i don't follow the sport. I've been following Donaire for years and i'm still waiting for him to follow up on the Vic darchinyan victory. He followed with monitel 5 years later. Can you HE ANY SLOWER?

Not quite 5 years, its a lil over 3.5- but are we only counting p4p level elite wins now? if that's the case its 2-1 for Donaire over Mares
megavolt is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 11:48 PM   #34
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Mares is a favorable style matchup for Donaire. Donaire eats come-forward swarmers and brawlers alive. Vasquez, Mathebula, Narvaez, and Nishioka all came to survive, not fight. Mares would take the fight to Donaire and eat some huge shots coming in. He'd eventually get KO'd in the mid to late rounds.
He better hope those huge shots land. thats all i can say. He has been just on per competition he will be in a rude awaking against Mares. Mares came out of the super bantam tourny and fought different styles. Donaire fought guys that is just there.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:52 PM   #35
HawkFan16
Unshot/In My Prime
ESB Addict

Quote:
He better hope those huge shots land. thats all i can say. He has been just on per competition he will be in a rude awaking against Mares. Mares came out of the super bantam tourny and fought different styles. Donaire fought guys that is just there.
You're acting like Mares is some super-slick defensive savant. He's not. His best defense is the Felix Trinidad "If I get hurt or buzzed, attack the testicles" technique. Donaire is taller, has a longer reach, hits much harder, and has better handspeed and timing. If this fight comes off, 1 month ban bet on the matter. Deal?
Old 11-15-2012, 11:54 PM   #36
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

Quote:
Donaire would wreck Mares. Mares has a MUCH better chance of victory against Rigondeaux than he does against Donaire.
We still wanna see the fight... We all know Pacquiao would wreck Mayweather but we still wanna watch that shit!
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2012, 11:56 PM   #37
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
You're acting like Mares is some super-slick defensive savant. He's not. His best defense is the Felix Trinidad "If I get hurt or buzzed, attack the testicles" technique. Donaire is taller, has a longer reach, hits much harder, and has better handspeed and timing. If this fight comes off, 1 month ban bet on the matter. Deal?
Super slick no, but he have a better defense than most people think.

Btw Donaire do not fight on the inside. He is a range fighter so good luck to him dealing with Mares.

FYI i see those two an even fight. Donaire have to time Mares and hit him hard coming in. If he can't land enough then he is ****ed. I know Mares will eat Donaire up on the inside.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:59 PM   #38
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

One month ban lmao. So you should leave until the fight get signed?
You do realize that i want the fight to happen right, i want to be proven wrong. Pushing for this while Donaire fans is finding excuses for their hero to duck and avoid.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:02 AM   #39
Stinky gloves
Champion
East Side Guru

As long as the top names are fighting each other nobody should complain.
Stinky gloves is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 12:02 AM   #40
HawkFan16
Unshot/In My Prime
ESB Addict

Quote:
One month ban lmao. So you should leave until the fight get signed?
You do realize that i want the fight to happen right, i want to be proven wrong. Pushing for this while Donaire fans is finding excuses for their hero to duck and avoid.
Learn to read chum. I said if the fight is signed, 1 month ban bet. I'll take Donaire, and if he loses, I'll leave ESB for a month. You take Mares, and if he loses, you're gone for a month.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:03 AM   #41
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

Donaire is already planning his getaway to 126 where Arum have more Top Rank fighter to keep his hype train going.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:05 AM   #42
HawkFan16
Unshot/In My Prime
ESB Addict

Quote:
Donaire is already planning his getaway to 126 where Arum have more Top Rank fighter to keep his hype train going.
So you'd honestly accuse Donaire of ducking if he were to fight, say, Mikey Garcia or Salido at 126 over Mares/Rigondeaux? Salido and Garcia are bigger threats than both Mares and Rigondeaux.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:05 AM   #43
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Learn to read chum. I said if the fight is signed, 1 month ban bet. I'll take Donaire, and if he loses, I'll leave ESB for a month. You take Mares, and if he loses, you're gone for a month.
Maybe you should learn to read. Is a toss up fight for me as i stated few days ago.

I will be taking Mares bc he will be a sizable underdog on an even match.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:07 AM   #44
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
So you'd honestly accuse Donaire of ducking if he were to fight, say, Mikey Garcia or Salido at 126 over Mares/Rigondeaux? Salido and Garcia are bigger threats than both Mares and Rigondeaux.
Who know what happens behind close doors.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum