Old 11-16-2012, 04:38 AM   #46
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Kessler "Ward Has No Guts "

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAverage View Post
If Kessler doesn't 'deserve' the fight then Ward should just retire....

and he sure as hell deserves it a million times more than Ward deserved a shot at Kessler last time they met.
At last some sense being spoken
dendy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2012, 04:39 AM   #47
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
Ward beat him outright the first time and owes Kessler nothing. I wouldn't mind a rematch, but why should Ward fight in Denmark or anyplace else? Right now he's the best p4p fighter in the world in my opinion so if anyone wants a piece of him they can come to him.
Close enough to how it is
Old 11-16-2012, 04:39 AM   #48
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAverage View Post
If Kessler doesn't 'deserve' the fight then Ward should just retire....

and he sure as hell deserves it a million times more than Ward deserved a shot at Kessler last time they met.
OR.....he could move up and clean out lightheavyweight. Lets not forget when they fought we had no concrete idea who the better fighter was. Now we know for a fact.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 04:46 AM   #49
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

yep he could clear out at light heavy but no fight is bigger and worth more money to him than what is on offer at 168. He has already beat dawson and looking at what else is on offer i can't see many worth while opponents for him.

Ward is in a funny situation because as a fighter he is elite but he is not exactly the cash cow at 168 and after all boxing is a business.
dendy is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 04:53 AM   #50
Bulletproof
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendy View Post
like i just said i don't support this kind of attitude to why fights are not made. All this bollox about ward getting jobbed outside of america and that no fighter stands a chance against him is pathetic imo.

edit to add: Kessler wouldn't be the only one earning more money via the fight being made in denmark would he? Surely ward would too?
No fighter is unbeatable. I think Buster Douglas proved that didn't he? Ward will be a tough win for anyone from 160-175. That is a fact!!!

As a fan I want to see good competitive matches. Ward beat Kessler handily the first time. I don't want to see that again. Let's say they do fight again and the outcome is the same. What, would there be a third fight? If their first bout was close, sure, do it again, but it wasn't. That's like Cotto wanting a re-match with Floyd. I don't want to see that, for what?

Just because Ward is running out of challengers at 168 doesn't mean he should go fighting guys he already beat a second time....
Bulletproof is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 04:54 AM   #51
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
yep he could clear out at light heavy but no fight is bigger and worth more money to him than what is on offer at 168. He has already beat dawson and looking at what else is on offer i can't see many worth while opponents for him.

Ward is in a funny situation because as a fighter he is elite but he is not exactly the cash cow at 168 and after all boxing is a business.
Agreed, but his career is still young.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 04:55 AM   #52
JoeAverage
Champion
East Side Guru

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
JoeAverage is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 05:07 AM   #53
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletproof View Post
No fighter is unbeatable. I think Buster Douglas proved that didn't he? Ward will be a tough win for anyone from 160-175. That is a fact!!!

As a fan I want to see good competitive matches. Ward beat Kessler handily the first time. I don't want to see that again. Let's say they do fight again and the outcome is the same. What, would there be a third fight? If their first bout was close, sure, do it again, but it wasn't. That's like Cotto wanting a re-match with Floyd. I don't want to see that, for what?

Just because Ward is running out of challengers at 168 doesn't mean he should go fighting guys he already beat a second time....
Imo he beat kessler but the way of the victory was a bit contentious in the eyes of many. It certainly wasn't a good clean fight.

If it was true, kessler said he wasn't fit going into the fight then there is and should be some call for the re-match. I also believe kessler was promised a crack at the s6 winner due to the nature of his pulling out?

Don't get me wrong, i am not exactly excited at the prospect of ward kessler 2 but I just can't see anything else for him to do other than fight the big money fights and lets face it he would get paid big for re-matching kessler in Denmark. In the same vain he would get highly rewarded for a fight against the cobra in England. Both very winnable fights for him and the rewards are still there, more so than any other fights available to him
dendy is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 05:09 AM   #54
The13thRound
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Ward would never risk going outside america because of possible home town cooking so all this is pointless.
It is true though kessler and froch had to travel so why not ward for once, I can only see froch performing a bit better against ward in nottingham but still losing though.
The13thRound is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 05:13 AM   #55
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Agreed, but his career is still young.
For sure but young or not he will not generate big money and warrior respect if he don't fight no one because of the reasons within this thread. Stepping up to 175 is just not very lucrative at present.
dendy is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 05:13 AM   #56
Arran
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Why? He doesn't owe Kessler a thing. And his last fight was out of Oakland. If Kessler wants another fight he can come to the US, the champ doesn't need to go anywhere.
and yet you and your fellow countrymen cried like a bitch about calzaghe fighting in the uk
Arran is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 05:21 AM   #57
Bulletproof
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Imo he beat kessler but the way of the victory was a bit contentious in the eyes of many. It certainly wasn't a good clean fight.

If it was true, kessler said he wasn't fit going into the fight then there is and should be some call for the re-match. I also believe kessler was promised a crack at the s6 winner due to the nature of his pulling out?

Don't get me wrong, i am not exactly excited at the prospect of ward kessler 2 but I just can't see anything else for him to do other than fight the big money fights and lets face it he would get paid big for re-matching kessler in Denmark. In the same vain he would get highly rewarded for a fight against the cobra in England. Both very winnable fights for him and the rewards are still there more so than any other fights available to him
Ok, I agree Ward doesn't have a ton of options, re-matches with Kessler and Froch respectively are the most lucrative. I will also concede that if Kessler was promised a shot at the S6 winner, it should be honored.

As far as not being 100%, all fighters seem to have something not right with them when the lose. I'm not saying Kessler didn't have something wrong with him or whatever, but it just seems like most fighters always say those sort of things.

Ward should move up to 175. A Dawson re-match is a no brainer. There is Cloud , Pascal, Cleverly etc... Not exactly huge money fights like going to Europe would offer, but it would be a chance to test himself against some decent opposition.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:25 AM   #58
Bulletproof
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arran View Post
and yet you and your fellow countrymen cried like a bitch about calzaghe fighting in the uk
Calslappy fought exclusively in the UK against low to mid-level opposition. It's not like he stayed at home and faced some murderer's row of challengers. I don't even want to get started on that clown.....
Old 11-16-2012, 05:25 AM   #59
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeout View Post
how is he going to die from a feather fisted Ward exactly?
Talks a guy with Calzaghe as his avatar
FilipMNE is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 05:27 AM   #60
Malden
East Side Guru

vCash: 284988

When did he say this? Yesterday he said on TV that he was only thinking about Magee at present. Though he has said wants a rematch and Ward (at least was) open about it.
Malden is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum