Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 11:18 AM   #136
cutthroat22
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 0
vCash: 213
Default Re: Supplements, pic wars, big men, advice, and Lefty plus alts being destroyed Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglosaxon View Post
Where do you live Cutt? I am wondering Scotland too?

It would be good to meet up with a forum user to train with and share some knowledge, I haven't heard back from Billy yet, but hopefully he can make it.
I live in sheffield so Scotlands a right mission, if i'm ever up your way though id be well up for a session. Billy seems really keen to get a session in with you so i'm sure he'll be back to you, I wouldn't advice going pure gym though, if it's anything like the one round here it's a pain to get on anything in the weight area.

That zach king khan has just opened a gym in sheff I think, guy looks ridiculous! but I think it's invite only.
cutthroat22 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #137
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East, England.
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 1947
Default Re: Supplements, pic wars, big men, advice, and Lefty plus alts being destroyed Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
it does seem they just don't like to here certain facts, their egos seem too big to take other peoples opinions on board.

with the GVT I was planning to start at the beggining and just go through all the phases, Possibly a bad idea that could send me backwards like. I'd like to do the push/pull/legs you suggested but I want to get down to four days in the gym a week rather than five, sundays aren't an option for me as my gym closes. I just want a routine for muscle growth really over the next two/three months.
You could always modify the routine I suggested to make it fit 4 days:

Monday - Upper Strength
Tuesday - Lower Strength
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - Upper Hypertrophy
Friday - Lower Hypertrophy
Saturday - Off
Sunday - Off

I personally think that will do more for your progression at the stage you're at

Note: You'd obviously have to drop the volume per body part on the hypertrophy days from what I originally suggested though.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #138
Anglosaxon
FASTEST HANDS ON ESB
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ENGLAND baby
Posts: 3,690
vCash: 634
Default Re: Supplements, pic wars, big men, advice, and Lefty plus alts being destroyed Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
I live in sheffield so Scotlands a right mission, if i'm ever up your way though id be well up for a session. Billy seems really keen to get a session in with you so i'm sure he'll be back to you, I wouldn't advice going pure gym though, if it's anything like the one round here it's a pain to get on anything in the weight area.

That zach king khan has just opened a gym in sheff I think, guy looks ridiculous! but I think it's invite only.
I am sure Billy will know a good gym, as long as it has free weights and mirrors I am happy.

Yeah Zach is an animal, I bet his gym is decked to the max, you need to find a way to get an invite!

Time for me to hit the gym now... toss up between my 2nd leg day of the week(usually only do one a week), or just brutalise the arms.... see how I feel when I get there.
Anglosaxon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #139
cutthroat22
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 0
vCash: 213
Default Re: Supplements, pic wars, big men, advice, and Lefty plus alts being destroyed Part

Cheers, I most likely will do the split you've posted above. My mate does the same and he's making great strength gains. I have my own aims as far as strength goes and I won't be cutting until I meet them. 5 days in the gym has just gotten a bit much, its been great for the last two months but with my gym being so far away it takes up too much of my time.
cutthroat22 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:30 AM   #140
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East, England.
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 1947
Default Re: Supplements, pic wars, big men, advice, and Lefty plus alts being destroyed Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
Cheers, I most likely will do the split you've posted above. My mate does the same and he's making great strength gains. I have my own aims as far as strength goes and I won't be cutting until I meet them. 5 days in the gym has just gotten a bit much, its been great for the last two months but with my gym being so far away it takes up too much of my time.
Yeah, definitely need to find balance mate.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #141
cutthroat22
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 0
vCash: 213
Default Re: Supplements, pic wars, big men, advice, and Lefty plus alts being destroyed Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglosaxon View Post
I am sure Billy will know a good gym, as long as it has free weights and mirrors I am happy.

Yeah Zach is an animal, I bet his gym is decked to the max, you need to find a way to get an invite!

Time for me to hit the gym now... toss up between my 2nd leg day of the week(usually only do one a week), or just brutalise the arms.... see how I feel when I get there.
yeh he looks a complete beast, didn't even know he was from sheff. The gym i'm at now has more than you could ever want, really just a great gym. Switching from the sports center to a proper gym really has helped me a lot.
cutthroat22 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:50 PM   #142
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Default Re: Supplements, pic wars, big men, advice, and Lefty plus alts being destroyed Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglosaxon View Post
Same excuse as last time Lefty

Girls do love me, that's why you don't get any, you been doing it wrong, they love sophisticated, intelligent muscled handsome men, not the putrid bone racks with haggard gaunt faces like you Hence why I am dating an Italian model who is a stunning girl, and you're dating an old man with nipple rings

Trying to get me banned ? I did a porno and linked it on ESB, no one made one comment about my G-spot positioning service, because I am in proportion, you however, I am sure you're also in proportion
I'm not Lefty you moron
Maybe more than one person thinks you look shit.. because you do
Stop trying to prove yourself, learn to love yourself
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:53 PM   #143
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Default Re: Supplements, pic wars, big men, advice, and Lefty plus alts being destroyed Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
You could always modify the routine I suggested to make it fit 4 days:

Monday - Upper Strength
Tuesday - Lower Strength
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - Upper Hypertrophy
Friday - Lower Hypertrophy
Saturday - Off
Sunday - Off

I personally think that will do more for your progression at the stage you're at

Note: You'd obviously have to drop the volume per body part on the hypertrophy days from what I originally suggested though.
For muscle growth he'd want more volume would't he?
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:55 AM   #144
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: North East, England.
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 1947
Default Re: Supplements, pic wars, big men, advice, and Lefty plus alts being destroyed Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
For muscle growth he'd want more volume would't he?
Na you can definitely get enough volume on an upper/lower, the key is just not having redundant exercises choices in there. You've also got the benefit of the higher frequency.

I believe Lyle McDonald's generic training routine is also some variation of an upper/lower. I believe he also said between 2-8 sets per muscle group is sufficient under the aforementioned frequency. The way I've approached that in the past is simply picking a core movement and then picking an 'accessory' movement on the non-strength 'upper' days for each body part (e.g dumbell presses & incline flyes).

Last edited by Jdsm; 11-16-2012 at 02:06 AM.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:12 AM   #145
Anglosaxon
FASTEST HANDS ON ESB
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ENGLAND baby
Posts: 3,690
vCash: 634
Default Re: Supplements, pic wars, big men, advice, and Lefty plus alts being destroyed Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
I'm not Lefty you moron
Maybe more than one person thinks you look shit.. because you do
Stop trying to prove yourself, learn to love yourself
Only someone completely insecure and jealous would claim I look like shit, as the most objective person would just give me my credit where it's due. Ugly , no matter how much you wish it were true, is an alien concept to me, much like a gym and women are to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
For muscle growth he'd want more volume would't he?
Stick to showing old women how to run on a treadmill, look at you Lefty, who the hell would listen to you regarding muscle development? You look like this:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Anglosaxon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:00 AM   #146
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Default Re: Supplements, pic wars, big men, advice, and Lefty plus alts being destroyed Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglosaxon View Post
Only someone completely insecure and jealous would claim I look like shit, as the most objective person would just give me my credit where it's due. Ugly , no matter how much you wish it were true, is an alien concept to me, much like a gym and women are to you


Stick to showing old women how to run on a treadmill, look at you Lefty, who the hell would listen to you regarding muscle development? You look like this:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Scroll to the top of the page and look at your picture. Anybody can see that you're porky pig with no pecs and a receding hairline. That gaunt fella has bigger pics than you
Have you ever ****ed a girl? I'm serious.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:01 AM   #147
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Default Re: Supplements, pic wars, big men, advice, and Lefty plus alts being destroyed Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglosaxon View Post
Bulky is normal, along with smoothness, last time a little better than my first bulk, a few defining lines, but when you cut, they tend to come in at the end.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This was at 14.5 stone so a lot smoother here than now.
You look smooth alright
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:03 AM   #148
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Default Re: Supplements, pic wars, big men, advice, and Lefty plus alts being destroyed Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglosaxon View Post
Bulky is normal, along with smoothness, last time a little better than my first bulk, a few defining lines, but when you cut, they tend to come in at the end.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This was at 14.5 stone so a lot smoother here than now.
A quick poll, would anybody actually want to look like this guy?
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:05 AM   #149
Anglosaxon
FASTEST HANDS ON ESB
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ENGLAND baby
Posts: 3,690
vCash: 634
Default Re: Supplements, pic wars, big men, advice, and Lefty plus alts being destroyed Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
You look smooth alright
You get smooth when you bulk, not that you would know about bulking pipsqueek

Show your pic again, where you're 140lbs and smooth, except for the 3 protruding ribs
Anglosaxon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:07 AM   #150
Anglosaxon
FASTEST HANDS ON ESB
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ENGLAND baby
Posts: 3,690
vCash: 634
Default Re: Supplements, pic wars, big men, advice, and Lefty plus alts being destroyed Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
A quick poll, would anybody actually want to look like this guy?
It's hilarious you pick me at my heaviest during my bulk, and i would still murder you at that stage in any appearance poll.
Anglosaxon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013