Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-16-2012, 07:08 AM   #1
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Lennox Lewis: "Vitali paid off Kirk Johnson to cancel the fight with me"

Interesting interview with Lennox, just came across this little nugget:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ADV9g2c_Ik[/ame]

At 4:00. This is news to me, never heard this before.
madballster is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #2
guncho
next champion!
ESB Addict

Default Re: Lennox Lewis: "Vitali paid off Kirk Johnson to cancel the fight with me"

whata bitter cunt lewis is after 8 years he says it? It's clear that he didn't want to retire when he did.
guncho is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #3
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 4720
Default Re: Lennox Lewis: "Vitali paid off Kirk Johnson to cancel the fight with me"

No sound on this PC, but does it mean he was planning to fight Johnson and when it fell through he rather retired as fighting Vitali instead?!
Robney is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 07:34 AM   #4
tezel8764
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 527

King of Kings.
tezel8764 is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 07:35 AM   #5
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2137

Every now & then he has a pop at the Klitschko's.
fists of fury is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #6
Badbot
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1440

Quote:
Originally Posted by fists of fury View Post

Every now & then he has a pop at the Klitschko's.
the TKO6 goes both ways.
Badbot is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 07:45 AM   #7
ITSMACHOTIME
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robney View Post
No sound on this PC, but does it mean he was planning to fight Johnson and when it fell through he rather retired as fighting Vitali instead?!

No... Lewis said he was planning to fight johnson after having a year off after the tyson fight. But with only 10days to the fight he finds out Vitali payed johnson to step aside saying he's been training for two years and will beat lewis,after he promised to give johnson a crack at the title...

Unfortunately for Quitali he underestimated the strength of a shot lewis and got his shit pushed in and half his face ripped off.. Que an angry vitali running around the ring crying like a little girl , plans in tatters and out of pocket ..
ITSMACHOTIME is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 07:49 AM   #8
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 4720

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSMACHOTIME View Post
Unfortunately for Quitali he underestimated the strength of a shot lewis and got his shit pushed in and half his face ripped off.. Que an angry vitali running around the ring crying like a little girl , plans in tatters and out of pocket ..
you really hate Vitali don't you? and a really weird look at how events went
Robney is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 07:51 AM   #9
tmsbry
ESB Addict

vCash: 14400

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSMACHOTIME View Post
No... Lewis said he was planning to fight johnson after having a year off after the tyson fight. But with only 10days to the fight he finds out Vitali payed johnson to step aside saying he's been training for two years and will beat lewis,after he promised to give johnson a crack at the title...

tmsbry is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 08:04 AM   #10
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by guncho View Post
whata bitter cunt lewis is after 8 years he says it? It's clear that he didn't want to retire when he did.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 08:06 AM   #11
Malden
East Side Guru

vCash: 284988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robney View Post
you really hate Vitali don't you? and a really weird look at how events went
Well, Vitali did throw a tantrum like a spoiled kid after the fight. What Lennox is qouted for (no sound either) aint clever either.
Malden is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #12
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158

He left off the part about holding the WBC belt hostage and waiting to see him Johnson could somehow beat Vitali and then he retired. Had Johnson beat Vitali do you really think Lennox wouldn't have fought him?

Lennox was hoping Vitali would lose so he could say "yeah, see the guy isn't any good and I will fight Johnson now since he beat Vitali"

Vitali wins and Lennox instead said "Yeah, forget this shit I am going to retire"

Rico Spadafora is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #13
banny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
He left off the part about holding the WBC belt hostage and waiting to see him Johnson could somehow beat Vitali and then he retired. Had Johnson beat Vitali do you really think Lennox wouldn't have fought him?

Lennox was hoping Vitali would lose so he could say "yeah, see the guy isn't any good and I will fight Johnson now since he beat Vitali"

Vitali wins and Lennox instead said "Yeah, forget this shit I am going to retire"

banny is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #14
guncho
next champion!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
So you believe that Vitali trained for this fight for TWO years and paid Kirk to step aside 10 days before the fight?

BTW Lennox won fair no complaints but to say things like this seems like he is loser.

And yes I would have loved to see rematch.
guncho is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 08:34 AM   #15
guncho
next champion!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut Me Mick View Post
Vitali will always be remembered for quitting on his stool against a fat super-middleweight and getting his face shredded to pieces by a fat and old Lennox Lewis.

I really think Lennox feared what he would do to Vitali in a rematch. He didn't want to be responsible for turning somebody into a vegetable, or possibly even killing them.
does Lewis ass taste like chocolate?
guncho is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum