Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #16
WarpedDesign
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 192
Default Re: Lennox Lewis: "Vitali paid off Kirk Johnson to cancel the fight with me"

Damn, just when you think Vitali can't sink any lower. This is really sad.
WarpedDesign is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2012, 08:39 AM   #17
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010
Default Re: Lennox Lewis: "Vitali paid off Kirk Johnson to cancel the fight with me"

I always thought Vitali was going to be stopped in that fight with the right hand. Lennox was starting to land it.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #18
#Tremendous
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Vitali isn't the one who personally paid him off, but what Lennox is saying is true. It wasn't a smart move from Johnson's part at all. He wanted to fight Lewis after he saw he was vulnerable. In the end that didn't work out.
#Tremendous is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #19
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Good interview
irishny is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #20
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 762

this fight holds bitterness for both fighters..lewis for some reason likes to keep on going on and bringing new stufff up every time hes interviewd..that is a man that isnt happy about something...

we all know why vitali isnt happy about it...

maybe lewis should stop creating his own demons with this shite
itsa huge bitch is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #21
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

PC: You were handling Roy Jones when he captured the heavyweight title. I understand at one point he was very serious about fighting Lewis, Holyfield or Tyson. How close where those fights to being a reality?

MM: When he won the heavyweight championship of the world, he was the king of the mountain. Once we won the heavyweight title, he was the man. It was the ultimate goal. He told me, "Let's go get Lennox Lewis." Lennox Lewis accepted $25 million to fight Roy Jones Jr., but he had one obstacle in front of him and that was HBO had to put him in there against Klitschko. Keep in mind, Klitschko was supposed to fight the kid from Canada [Kirk Johnson]. The kid from Canada pulled out, so HBO was stuck with egg on their face and they needed someone to fulfill that position. Well, Lennox Lewis said, "No man, I'm not going to fight him for that kind of money when next year, ya'll are going to have to pay me a great deal of money. I'll fight him next year." But when I put $25 million on the table, he said, "Let's fight Klitschko now!" Now HBO should have sent me a letter or a check or anything else because I saved them. And Lennox Lewis went in there and he won the fight, but he was embarrassed at how he won the fight. He didn't do as good as he wanted to do, so he retired. So that fight went out of the window.

Klitschko might have paid off Kirk but the reason why Lewis fought Vitali was because of RJJ his manager.

And now comes my joke:It wasn't Vitali who made Lewis retire, Lewis didn't want to fight Roy Jones anymore.
dyna is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #22
BadDog
Contender
ESB Senior Member

this Lennox Lewis vs Vitaly thing is getting boring.
BadDog is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #23
Saku
We Are All One
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1359

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDog View Post
this Lennox Lewis vs Vitaly thing is getting boring.
True. It needs a rematch, now!
Saku is online now  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #24
mrbassie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

On the whole he was very complimentary about Vitali. I don't get why the fanboys are throwing a tantrum. Also @whomever mentioned it: Vitali himself said that he'd been preparing for years to defeat Lewis.
mrbassie is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #25
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 103865

mark for later
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #26
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSMACHOTIME View Post
No... Lewis said he was planning to fight johnson after having a year off after the tyson fight. But with only 10days to the fight he finds out Vitali payed johnson to step aside saying he's been training for two years and will beat lewis,after he promised to give johnson a crack at the title...

Unfortunately for Quitali he underestimated the strength of a shot lewis and got his shit pushed in and half his face ripped off.. Que an angry vitali running around the ring crying like a little girl , plans in tatters and out of pocket ..
Vidic is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #27
Overhill
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1001

Promises a rematch and retires. :(
Overhill is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #28
CTRL
Journeyman

that really explains why vitali said after the fight that he prepared for so long for the fight...
CTRL is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #29
fg2227
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Vitali needs to man up and fight Hayemaker!
fg2227 is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #30
stanislove12
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 387

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpedDesign View Post
Damn, just when you think Vitali can't sink any lower. This is really sad.
damn just as you think brittards can't sink any lower. this is really sad.
stanislove12 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum