Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-16-2012, 01:27 AM   #31
skier47
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What is Lennox Lewis up to these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesandman View Post
Big George said that?
He does contradict himself a bit, especially after commenting there was no way on Gods green earth he was getting in the ring with Lewis during his comeback career.

Big George. Scared of a coward.

Doesn't feel right somehow.
He absolutely said it. He went on and on about how Lewis owed the sport of boxing this megafight. The purses discussed at the time were off the chart. He sensed boxing was beginning to decline in popularity and that this massive heavyweight rematch would rekindle fan interest especially since the win was by fluke cut. Fans would pay big to see the rematch of the two athletic giants. Foreman was a great boxer but a much better businessman; google the Foreman grill. He actually got a bit hostile against Lewis for backing away from the fight, especially during that H.B.O. rant; one of his last as a broadcaster for the network.
skier47 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2012, 05:48 AM   #32
Overhill
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1201

He's a keyboard warrior. Multiple YT-accounts.
Overhill is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 06:19 AM   #33
thesandman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 90

I am well aware of the Foreman grill. I had one!
thesandman is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #34
The Clan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier47 View Post
He absolutely said it. He went on and on about how Lewis owed the sport of boxing this megafight. The purses discussed at the time were off the chart. He sensed boxing was beginning to decline in popularity and that this massive heavyweight rematch would rekindle fan interest especially since the win was by fluke cut. Fans would pay big to see the rematch of the two athletic giants. Foreman was a great boxer but a much better businessman; google the Foreman grill. He actually got a bit hostile against Lewis for backing away from the fight, especially during that H.B.O. rant; one of his last as a broadcaster for the network.

What a silly post!

Lewis owed the sport of boxing nothing!

Fluke cut?
It's been said ten thousand times but Klitty nut huggers can't hear it cos their heads are so far up the KO boys arses that their ears are full of buttucks.

The best version of Vitali I've ever seen was roundly butchered by the worst version of Lennox I've ever seen. Those fluke cuts (note the plural) were caused by punches (remember them). Lennox even took the first 2 rounds off and still had Vitali in la la land by round 5.

Vitali's behaviour after the announcement was shameful and his constant bleating ever since is embarrassing.
The Clan is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #35
dyna
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Clan View Post
What a silly post!

Lewis owed the sport of boxing nothing!

Fluke cut?
It's been said ten thousand times but Klitty nut huggers can't hear it cos their heads are so far up the KO boys arses that their ears are full of buttucks.

The best version of Vitali I've ever seen was roundly butchered by the worst version of Lennox I've ever seen. Those fluke cuts (note the plural) were caused by punches (remember them). Lennox even took the first 2 rounds off and still had Vitali in la la land by round 5.

Vitali's behaviour after the announcement was shameful and his constant bleating ever since is embarrassing.
What happened is that Lewis got outdone on the outside (also happened against Bruno) so he changed his gameplan and went inside.
People only remember the beginning of the fight
dyna is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #36
Waynegrade
Belt holder
ESB Addict

If Vitali couldn`t do it with Lewis at his worst... Who would think he`d do any better against a prepared Lewis. Who, BTW cleaned out the division. Good for him that he is cerebral anough to know when to walk away on top. He certainly didn`t need to saty longer, beat Vitali (again) to cement his legacy. He had already done that. Plus, people need to remeber, that Vitali`s face looked like arw hamburger, not because of butt`s, or a fluke shot. But from Lewis slashing fist...
Waynegrade is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #37
skier47
Contender
ESB Senior Member

He wouldn't have beaten Vitali in a second fight. He knew so he backed away. Fine, he had no obligation to rematch. I just brought up the point that ring immortals like George Foreman couldn't relate to a guy turning down tens of millions of dollars and one of the potentially biggest rematches in heavyweight history.
skier47 is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #38
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
He wouldn't have beaten Vitali in a second fight. He knew so he backed away. Fine, he had no obligation to rematch. I just brought up the point that ring immortals like George Foreman couldn't relate to a guy turning down tens of millions of dollars and one of the potentially biggest rematches in heavyweight history.
You think Lewis needed money?

Have you ANY idea how much money he made for the Holyfield and Tyson fights???
irishny is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #39
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238

Quote:
Foreman is a salesman. He says whatever people want him to say.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #40
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

i dont know what the hell he is doing, but with his wealth, i no what id be doing.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhFw90IsSr0[/ame]
raichu is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #41
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynegrade View Post
If Vitali couldn`t do it with Lewis at his worst... Who would think he`d do any better against a prepared Lewis. Who, BTW cleaned out the division. Good for him that he is cerebral anough to know when to walk away on top. He certainly didn`t need to saty longer, beat Vitali (again) to cement his legacy. He had already done that. Plus, people need to remeber, that Vitali`s face looked like arw hamburger, not because of butt`s, or a fluke shot. But from Lewis slashing fist...
Honestly I felt the weight helped Lennox who had a shaky chin, to absorb those vicious blows and stand up. A slender prime version wouldn't be able to get close and man handle Klit in the clinch, and stop Vitali from holding like he was

LL knew damn well Vitali was all wrong for him, he couldn't beat him, in a rematch Viatli would have been that much more confident, he retired because he knew he couldn't avoid the klits, he got spanked by the lessor brother, that ****ed up his ego like none other. To this day you can tell his pride was cut deep to the core, by Vitali, seeing his childish digs and things of such nature.

By LL retiring than manning up, it affected his ATG status big time in my book, before that fight I used to say LL in his prime would possibly win any theoretical HW h2h matchup, the match made me question LL. He didn't just get ko'ed like a HW occasionally does, he got his will broken in the ring, resorted to dirty tactics(In a Dirty fight), barely survived then retired

I'm a LL fan, but I cant defend a person whole calls them self a fighter and champ resorting to being a ***** boy
sbbigmike is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #42
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbigmike View Post
Honestly I felt the weight helped Lennox who had a shaky chin, to absorb those vicious blows and stand up. A slender prime version wouldn't be able to get close and man handle Klit in the clinch, and stop Vitali from holding like he was

LL knew damn well Vitali was all wrong for him, he couldn't beat him, in a rematch Viatli would have been that much more confident, he retired because he knew he couldn't avoid the klits, he got spanked by the lessor brother, that ****ed up his ego like none other. To this day you can tell his pride was cut deep to the core, by Vitali, seeing his childish digs and things of such nature.

By LL retiring than manning up, it affected his ATG status big time in my book, before that fight I used to say LL in his prime would possibly win any theoretical HW h2h matchup, the match made me question LL. He didn't just get ko'ed like a HW occasionally does, he got his will broken in the ring, resorted to dirty tactics(In a Dirty fight), barely survived then retired

I'm a LL fan, but I cant defend a person whole calls them self a fighter and champ resorting to being a ***** boy
You think he delibertely put on weight to absord blows??

He came in as heavy as he did because he thought he was fight Kirk Friggin Johnson up until 10 days from the fight,and as such had clearly spent more time at the dinner table that the sparring ring.
irishny is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #43
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
You think he delibertely put on weight to absord blows??

He came in as heavy as he did because he thought he was fight Kirk Friggin Johnson up until 10 days from the fight,and as such had clearly spent more time at the dinner table that the sparring ring.
I didnt say that, I said the weight helped him stay on his feet, and man handle and at times maul Klit in the clinch

A skinny in better shape LL gets ko'ed early IMO, and just because he was heavy doesn't mean LL wasn't in shape, being in shape is subjective, it damn sure didnt show in the ring, he fought his best match up to that point, and stood up to all that punishment, it was clear that he was well conditioned...............That excuse is BS all around
Old 11-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #44
techks
ATG list Killah!
East Side Guru

Location: ......Bit stalkerish to ask where I live don't ya think?
vCash: 85

Rubbing guys thighs and saying, "tea time!".
techks is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #45
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by techks View Post
Rubbing guys thighs and saying, "tea time!".

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum