Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #46
Big Left
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: What is Lennox Lewis up to these days?

Lewis is lucky, retired at the right time, beat one of the guys who would go on to dominate the divison after him. Made millions and has no major hang ups.

An almost perfect career.
Big Left is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #47
shavers
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

All this talk about Lennox and Vitali is getting old...Lennox was one of the best heavyweights of the last 30 years he cleaned out a healthy strong competitive division, and finished off while he was still on top of things..
That ought to be enough, but the braindead legion of diehard Klit fans simply cant let it rest...Sad, and a clear sign they dont have a life...

Ohh, and by the way...Tko 6!!!!
shavers is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #48
skier47
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbigmike View Post
Honestly I felt the weight helped Lennox who had a shaky chin, to absorb those vicious blows and stand up. A slender prime version wouldn't be able to get close and man handle Klit in the clinch, and stop Vitali from holding like he was

LL knew damn well Vitali was all wrong for him, he couldn't beat him, in a rematch Viatli would have been that much more confident, he retired because he knew he couldn't avoid the klits, he got spanked by the lessor brother, that ****ed up his ego like none other. To this day you can tell his pride was cut deep to the core, by Vitali, seeing his childish digs and things of such nature.

By LL retiring than manning up, it affected his ATG status big time in my book, before that fight I used to say LL in his prime would possibly win any theoretical HW h2h matchup, the match made me question LL. He didn't just get ko'ed like a HW occasionally does, he got his will broken in the ring, resorted to dirty tactics(In a Dirty fight), barely survived then retired

I'm a LL fan, but I cant defend a person whole calls them self a fighter and champ resorting to being a ***** boy
skier47 is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #49
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbigmike View Post
I didnt say that, I said the weight helped him stay on his feet, and man handle and at times maul Klit in the clinch

A skinny in better shape LL gets ko'ed early IMO, and just because he was heavy doesn't mean LL wasn't in shape, being in shape is subjective, it damn sure didnt show in the ring, he fought his best match up to that point, and stood up to all that punishment, it was clear that he was well conditioned...............That excuse is BS all around
A 240-245 Lennox isnt "skinny". Hes just as powerful,but he'd be faster and fitter.

That kinda Lewis goes in and lays on more pressure, lands more huge punches and finishes it even earlier.

What differences does the extra weight mean to someone like Klitschko whos fought heavier guys??

The only person the extra weight hurt is Lennox, who was huffing and puffing early,an dn the only person it helped was Vitali who managed to land some punches on the old, heavy,inactive Lewis
irishny is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #50
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Left View Post
Lewis is lucky, retired at the right time, beat one of the guys who would go on to dominate the divison after him. Made millions and has no major hang ups.

An almost perfect career.
Exactly.

Olympic gold medallist
Undisputed champ.
Beat everyone he ever faced.
Beat the big names of his era.
Beat his main challanger in his last fight.
Made 100s of millions.
Retired with his senses.

About as close to perfect as one can get.

Pity Bowe threw his belt in the thrash rather than fight him.
That would have been the cherry on the cake
irishny is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum