Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #61
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,633
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lennox Lewis: "Vitali paid off Kirk Johnson to cancel the fight with me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
Did it ever occur to you,that a man who by the time the rematch happened would be 38,who had 10s if not 100s of million in the bank. Acheived EVERYTHING in boxing, just didnt give a shit anymore??

The money meant nothing to him at that point. Maybe he just didnt want to have to go through yet another training camp, get up at 6 and go running.

I mean he clearly wasnt training hard for Johnson. Its clear that his motivation was waning.

If he had fought Vitali,the second time and beaten him,and then retired, people would say he was ducking Wlad etc.

Hr retired at the perfect time.

No point ghoing on and eventually getting beaten by someone he shouldnt have, while weighing 270 or something.

Vitali HAD HIS CHANCE!!!!

He fought the heaviest,oldest,least active Lewis that ever set foot in the ring and couldnt beat him.

He has to deal with that forever.

Lewis has his legacy.
Lewis didn't give a shit anymore? That's why he retired? Hell, Lewis STILL gives a shit. He still can't live it down, and he still tries to explain what he could do in the division and tries to argue his place and accomplishments. While he was commentating on Wlad's domination of Rahman, he had to make comments about how he beat a younger Rahman, ect... it's honestly pathetic.
WiDDoW_MaKeR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #62
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,566
vCash: 75
Default Re: Lennox Lewis: "Vitali paid off Kirk Johnson to cancel the fight with me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiDDoW_MaKeR View Post
Lewis didn't give a shit anymore? That's why he retired? Hell, Lewis STILL gives a shit. He still can't live it down, and he still tries to explain what he could do in the division and tries to argue his place and accomplishments. While he was commentating on Wlad's domination of Rahman, he had to make comments about how he beat a younger Rahman, ect... it's honestly pathetic.
Yeah, and none of that requires him to actually train. Thats really giving a shit.

In fact,in comparison to many ex champs, he rarely on TV. Seems happy with his lot and who could blame him? Every time someone sticks a microphone in his face hes asked to defend himself about a fight he won in 6 rounds.

The guys a legend, he can go on about his accomplishments all he wants.

Im sure he cares greatly that some keyboard warrior thinks he's pathetic.
irishny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #63
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,633
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lennox Lewis: "Vitali paid off Kirk Johnson to cancel the fight with me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
Yeah, and none of that requires him to actually train. Thats really giving a shit.

In fact,in comparison to many ex champs, he rarely on TV. Seems happy with his lot and who could blame him? Every time someone sticks a microphone in his face hes asked to defend himself about a fight he won in 6 rounds.

The guys a legend, he can go on about his accomplishments all he wants.

Im sure he cares greatly that some keyboard warrior thinks he's pathetic.
I said that it's pathetic how clearly jealous and bitter he is toward the Klitschkos. He brings it on himself.

Of course he had a great career, and he is allowed to retire whenever he wants. Just like boxing fans are allowed to be completely disgusted for the way that he sat on the title for 8 months after that fight... promising everyone a rematch... and then spit in the face of the boxing world by not giving the fans what they want. Yet, I'm sure he would have fought Tyson or Roy Jones Jr if he could have during that time. Just as it was pathetic for him to call all of Vitali and Wlad's opponents while he was still active and try to give them advice on how to fight them. It's really simple... it's because Lewis himself didn't want to fight them.

If Lewis didn't care what us fans thought, then we wouldn't still hear him constantly talking about it.
WiDDoW_MaKeR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #64
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,566
vCash: 75
Default Re: Lennox Lewis: "Vitali paid off Kirk Johnson to cancel the fight with me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiDDoW_MaKeR View Post
I said that it's pathetic how clearly jealous and bitter he is toward the Klitschkos. He brings it on himself.

Of course he had a great career, and he is allowed to retire whenever he wants. Just like boxing fans are allowed to be completely disgusted for the way that he sat on the title for 8 months after that fight... promising everyone a rematch... and then spit in the face of the boxing world by not giving the fans what they want. Yet, I'm sure he would have fought Tyson or Roy Jones Jr if he could have during that time. Just as it was pathetic for him to call all of Vitali and Wlad's opponents while he was still active and try to give them advice on how to fight them. It's really simple... it's because Lewis himself didn't want to fight them.

If Lewis didn't care what us fans thought, then we wouldn't still hear him constantly talking about it.
Im sure he would have fought Tyson or Jones. He could have beaten them weighing 270 and eating chicken wings in between rounds.

Vitali, he may have had to train for,and why did he need that??

And why on earth would he be jealous of people that he acheived more than? And who he ranks higher than in nearly all ATG listings?
irishny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:24 PM   #65
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,633
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lennox Lewis: "Vitali paid off Kirk Johnson to cancel the fight with me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
Im sure he would have fought Tyson or Jones. He could have beaten them weighing 270 and eating chicken wings in between rounds.

Vitali, he may have had to train for,and why did he need that??

And why on earth would he be jealous of people that he acheived more than? And who he ranks higher than in nearly all ATG listings?
Lewis achieved more than Wlad? How so? With a less dominant, shorter title reign?
WiDDoW_MaKeR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:47 PM   #66
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,566
vCash: 75
Default Re: Lennox Lewis: "Vitali paid off Kirk Johnson to cancel the fight with me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiDDoW_MaKeR View Post
Lewis achieved more than Wlad? How so? With a less dominant, shorter title reign?
By beating better fighters and by being undisputed.

Could you imagine Lewis fighting someone like Mormeck for a title?
irishny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #67
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,633
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lennox Lewis: "Vitali paid off Kirk Johnson to cancel the fight with me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
By beating better fighters and by being undisputed.

Could you imagine Lewis fighting someone like Mormeck for a title?
Lewis beat better fighters in your own biased opinion. Certainly not in mine.

So, Lewis was Undisputed without ever winning the WBO title, and having vacated the IBF and WBA titles to avoid his mandatory challengers, and went 1-1 against Rahman during his very short reign. So... while Lewis was Champ, we had Wlad holding the WBO, Byrd holding the IBF, and Ruiz holding the WBA and he split wins with Rahman.... That's undisputed... but Wlad holding every title except the WBC title isn't? Not only that... he has held those titles intact, and didn't vacate a single one of them, and hasn't been defeated since becoming Champ. Beyond that... the WBC title that Vitali holds was won against an opponent (Sam Peter) that Wlad already beat.

The WBC title means nothing. Wlad is undisputed, which is a useless term to begin with... in reality it means absolutely nothing. The titles mean nothing as well, unless they are held by the best in the division.

Lewis was the true Champ after his win against Holyfield until retirement, I agree. Wlad is also the true Champ, and has been ever since he beat Chris Byrd, who was longest standing Champ and #1 ranked heavyweight by ring magazine at the time. Especially considering the fact that Wlad beat the undefeated Sam Peter, who was considered the next champ of the division and the most dangerous man that Wlad could have possibly faced in order to get that title shot.
WiDDoW_MaKeR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #68
C.J.
Boxings Own Living Legend
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Heart of Dixie
Posts: 2,821
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lennox Lewis: "Vitali paid off Kirk Johnson to cancel the fight with me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by guncho View Post
whata bitter cunt lewis is after 8 years he says it? It's clear that he didn't want to retire when he did.
Lennox Lewis is one of the nicest guys in bixing. He is also the best HW champ since Ali. I have never heard him say anything about johnson being bought off apparantly it only came to light long afterwards. Strange Johnson did get a shot though isnt it?
Lennox wife & his Mother were both begging him to retire. What did Lennox have left to prove he beat a 100% ready Vitali when only 80 %himself.
Lennox retired at exactly the right time he is a very content, happily married wealthy guy I wish him well in retirement he deserves it
C.J. is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #69
C.J.
Boxings Own Living Legend
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Heart of Dixie
Posts: 2,821
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lennox Lewis: "Vitali paid off Kirk Johnson to cancel the fight with me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiDDoW_MaKeR View Post
Lewis will never get over being chased out of the sport by Vitali. Kind of fitting that his name was "The Lion"... because he cowered away like an old, weak lion when a tougher, more aggressive lion entered into his territory.
You must be a comedian you sure dont know a thing about boxing
A barely 80% ready Lennox nearly took Vitali's face off TKO 6 Just imagine what a !00% ready Lennox would have done to him.
Long Live Lennox The Lion Lewis
C.J. is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:27 AM   #70
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 4,443
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lennox Lewis: "Vitali paid off Kirk Johnson to cancel the fight with me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSMACHOTIME View Post
No... Lewis said he was planning to fight johnson after having a year off after the tyson fight. But with only 10days to the fight he finds out Vitali payed johnson to step aside saying he's been training for two years and will beat lewis,after he promised to give johnson a crack at the title...

Unfortunately for Quitali he underestimated the strength of a shot lewis and got his shit pushed in and half his face ripped off.. Que an angry vitali running around the ring crying like a little girl , plans in tatters and out of pocket ..

theboy_racer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:32 AM   #71
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 4,478
vCash: 1444
Default Re: Lennox Lewis: "Vitali paid off Kirk Johnson to cancel the fight with me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J. View Post
You must be a comedian you sure dont know a thing about boxing
A barely 80% ready Lennox nearly took Vitali's face off TKO 6 Just imagine what a !00% ready Lennox would have done to him.
Long Live Lennox The Lion Lewis
The right thing since he promised would be to give a rematch
box4life11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:34 AM   #72
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 4,478
vCash: 1444
Default Re: Lennox Lewis: "Vitali paid off Kirk Johnson to cancel the fight with me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J. View Post
You must be a comedian you sure dont know a thing about boxing
A barely 80% ready Lennox nearly took Vitali's face off TKO 6 Just imagine what a !00% ready Lennox would have done to him.
Long Live Lennox The Lion Lewis
I mean since he's so easy to beat that is..
box4life11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:34 AM   #73
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lennox Lewis: "Vitali paid off Kirk Johnson to cancel the fight with me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by guncho View Post
whata bitter cunt lewis is after 8 years he says it? It's clear that he didn't want to retire when he did.
Is that why he was talking about retiring before the Tyson fight?
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:37 AM   #74
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 4,478
vCash: 1444
Default Re: Lennox Lewis: "Vitali paid off Kirk Johnson to cancel the fight with me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
Is that why he was talking about retiring before the Tyson fight?
Vitali's been saying that for years and?
box4life11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:44 AM   #75
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Default Re: Lennox Lewis: "Vitali paid off Kirk Johnson to cancel the fight with me"

Truth be told they even wanted to get the Rahman rematch done quickly because Lewis had his sights set on retirement

Iron Mike said that he wanted to get a couple of more fights in before boxing Lewis but there was doubt that Lennox would wait

There were talks of Lewis retiring as early as Rahman II ... And im not saying this as a hardcore Lewis fan or anything but thats the truth
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013