Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 01:11 AM   #16
FloydPatterson
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,309
vCash: 976
Default Re: A question to the American fight fans on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
yeah, nobody said that.
What are you saying? I literally just posted it
FloydPatterson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2012, 01:12 AM   #17
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Default Re: A question to the American fight fans on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanPaulValley View Post
So basically you're a fake fan. You like a guy until he gets beaten? wow.
You're either on the ship or you walk the plank.
Don't forget that Wlad was beaten by 3 b level fighters.
Puritty was a C level fighter
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:13 AM   #18
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,767
vCash: 1000
Default Re: A question to the American fight fans on here.

A guy like Robert Helenius probably makes 10x the money Seth Mitchell does.

Because his countrymen gets behind him.

You guys gotta big up your heavyweights and get them on networks, boxing overall is in a brighter light if the heavyweight scene is on networks like it used to be.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:14 AM   #19
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Crescent Heights,Hell
Posts: 2,371
vCash: 438
Default Re: A question to the American fight fans on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
David Price is a lot better than Mitchell or Windmiller

Still, nobody said he could beat a Kltischko
According to Wladimir Klitschko,Wilder is pretty good.
And Wlad has started to throw $uper $eth's name around.
Why is Fisher Price better than Wilder? Because he beat up John Mcdermott?
Come now!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
JeanPaulValley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:14 AM   #20
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 14,756
vCash: 928
Default Re: A question to the American fight fans on here.

Shut up you Abba Freak.

Our heavyweights are fat, lazy, unmotivated and are hype jobs.

They don't have that mean ness that they used to have. Different generation, different mentality.
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:14 AM   #21
MollyWhop
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Where you be..
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Default Re: A question to the American fight fans on here.

being the best is the American mindset. if you're not extraordinary, you won't get much support around here. being exciting is cool, but being P4P #1 is the goal.
MollyWhop is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:16 AM   #22
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,767
vCash: 1000
Default Re: A question to the American fight fans on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobyZhee View Post
Shut up you Abba Freak.

Our heavyweights are fat, lazy, unmotivated and are hype jobs.

They don't have that mean ness that they used to have. Different generation, different mentality.
6'2 242lbs and built like a tank, Seth Mitchell is.. surely he's not a fat, lazy unmotivated piece of shit?
MrMagic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:18 AM   #23
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Crescent Heights,Hell
Posts: 2,371
vCash: 438
Default Re: A question to the American fight fans on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
Puritty was a C level fighter
But Wlad only had 35 fights at that time so he must have still been green.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
JeanPaulValley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:19 AM   #24
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,356
vCash: 75
Default Re: A question to the American fight fans on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyWhop View Post
being the best is the American mindset. if you're not extraordinary, you won't get much support around here. being exciting is cool, but being P4P #1 is the goal.
Since it's official inception:

Mike Tyson
Pernell Whitaker
Roy Jones, Jr.
Oscar De La Hoya
Shane Mosley
Bernard Hopkins
Floyd Mayweather, Jr
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:20 AM   #25
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,767
vCash: 1000
Default Re: A question to the American fight fans on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyWhop View Post
being the best is the American mindset. if you're not extraordinary, you won't get much support around here. being exciting is cool, but being P4P #1 is the goal.
Thats the problem.

You need to get behind these guys like you did in the 60s and 70s. You'll also encourage younger generations to pick up the sport, who the hell actually wants to be a heavyweight boxer in usa today, when all your media outlets basically ignore the division?
MrMagic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:20 AM   #26
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Crescent Heights,Hell
Posts: 2,371
vCash: 438
Default Re: A question to the American fight fans on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
A guy like Robert Helenius probably makes 10x the money Seth Mitchell does.

Because his countrymen gets behind him.

You guys gotta big up your heavyweights and get them on networks, boxing overall is in a brighter light if the heavyweight scene is on networks like it used to be.
In all fairness though Helenius was beaten handily by Chisora.
People talk bad about Mitchell because he got rocked by Witherspoon but Helenius was rocked By Tank Williams and Haye was dropped by Barrett.
Double Standard?
JeanPaulValley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:21 AM   #27
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,767
vCash: 1000
Default Re: A question to the American fight fans on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanPaulValley View Post
In all fairness though Helenius was beaten handily by Chisora.
People talk bad about Mitchell because he got rocked by Witherspoon but Helenius was rocked By Tank Williams and Haye was dropped by Barrett.
Double Standard?
Very much so.

Ali was dropped by Sir Henry Cooper, imagine had that happened today? ESB would've labelled Ali a glassjawed joke.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:22 AM   #28
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 14,756
vCash: 928
Default Re: A question to the American fight fans on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
6'2 242lbs and built like a tank, Seth Mitchell is.. surely he's not a fat, lazy unmotivated piece of shit?
does he knock mother****ers out? if not, wake me up when he has a title..
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:23 AM   #29
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,995
vCash: 500
Default Re: A question to the American fight fans on here.

what Americans care about heavyweight boxing? you know who the best heavy weight fighter in the world is?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
PrinceN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:24 AM   #30
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,015
vCash: 765
Default Re: A question to the American fight fans on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanPaulValley View Post
According to Wladimir Klitschko,Wilder is pretty good.
And Wlad has started to throw $uper $eth's name around.
Why is Fisher Price better than Wilder? Because he beat up John Mcdermott?
Come now!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Wlad wants to fight in America again, and he wants to fight Mitchell or Wilder.

He'd rather fight them than "fisher price"

and that's all you need to know
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013