Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #1
Will
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,508
vCash: 75
Default Just re-watched Cleve vs Bellew. I find it impossible not to give Bellew 6 rounds!!!

I have watched this fight many many times now and really do find it impossible to score less than 6 rounds for Bellew.

It was a very very close fight no-doubt.

With some of the swing rounds I can score for Bellew but I would have to be over generous to do the same for Clev.

Would be interesting to see if some of you guys could re-watch the fight and see what you think (Don't post scores from memory).

On a side note Clev should maybe have been in more trouble for the very well timed low blows! They did seem to have an effect on Bellew.
Will is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #2
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,342
vCash: 75
Default Re: Just re-watched Cleve vs Bellew. I find it impossible not to give Bellew 6 round

I said to a Welsh lad sat behind me after ten rounds that Cleverly needed a stoppage to win.

He nodded in agreement.

Says it all.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #3
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 1,934
vCash: 416
Default Re: Just re-watched Cleve vs Bellew. I find it impossible not to give Bellew 6 round

I'm a massive Bellew fan, I scored this fight for Bellew on the night.

I've re-watched it since and now I scored it a draw (114 - 114, six each). That I think is the correct score.

To be honest if somebody wanted to score it for Cleverly then I couldn't complain, it was that close. Only a score of 115 - 114 though, anything more than that for either of them is just plain wrong.

For Cleverly, his dad and FW to bang on about him "outclassing" Bellew is laughable quite frankly, Tony outboxed and out-smarted Nathan him for long periods during the fight and he probably would have won had he not gassed out in the later rounds.

I hope these two have a rematch at some point in the future because not only would it be a great watch but it would also settle the score. The way Cleverly's going though, expect him to keep fighting bum of the month for a long time.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:58 AM   #4
Will
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,508
vCash: 75
Default Re: Just re-watched Cleve vs Bellew. I find it impossible not to give Bellew 6 round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
I said to a Welsh lad sat behind me after ten rounds that Cleverly needed a stoppage to win.

He nodded in agreement.

Says it all.
I think it was closer than that but in the arena I can see why it would seem that way.

I just think Clev needs most of the swing rounds to get a draw whereas Bellew doesn't.

If ever a fight warranted a re-match this is it. Neither fighter proved himself superior!

As for where they have gone since I think Bellew is ahead.

It pains me when I read Brit P4P lists like the BBC's and they have Clev so far ahead of Bellew. How?
Will is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
Will
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,508
vCash: 75
Default Re: Just re-watched Cleve vs Bellew. I find it impossible not to give Bellew 6 round

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
I'm a massive Bellew fan, I scored this fight for Bellew on the night.

I've re-watched it since and now I scored it a draw (114 - 114, six each). That I think is the correct score.

To be honest if somebody wanted to score it for Cleverly then I couldn't complain, it was that close. Only a score of 115 - 114 though, anything more than that for either of them is just plain wrong.

For Cleverly, his dad and FW to bang on about him "outclassing" Bellew is laughable quite frankly, Tony outboxed and out-smarted Nathan him for long periods during the fight and he probably would have won had he not gassed out in the later rounds.

I hope these two have a rematch at some point in the future because not only would it be a great watch but it would also settle the score. The way Cleverly's going though, expect him to keep fighting bum of the month for a long time.
A supprice to a lot of the people in the fight was that Clev did not really seem to outspeed Bellew untill maybe the end when Bellew was tired.

Bellews Bollocks must have been like mellons after the pounding they took as well. I had forgotten how bad some of them were.
Will is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:05 AM   #6
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 1,934
vCash: 416
Default Re: Just re-watched Cleve vs Bellew. I find it impossible not to give Bellew 6 round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
A supprice to a lot of the people in the fight was that Clev did not really seem to outspeed Bellew untill maybe the end when Bellew was tired.

Bellews Bollocks must have been like mellons after the pounding they took as well. I had forgotten how bad some of them were.
A couple of cheeky digs when Bellew had his back turned as well. There was one right at the end when the referee seperated them, Bellew turned away to walk to the corner and Cleverly clouted him. Dirty fighting. That shows how desperate Nathan was. He clearly didn't look like a bloke who believed he'd won comfortably.

Again, it just makes me and every other boxing fan who know's what they saw laugh at their delusion/excuses. Bellew and Froch don't need Cleverly, he needs them because he has no credibility.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:08 AM   #7
Will
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,508
vCash: 75
Default Re: Just re-watched Cleve vs Bellew. I find it impossible not to give Bellew 6 round

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
A couple of cheeky digs when Bellew had his back turned as well. There was one right at the end when the referee seperated them, Bellew turned away to walk to the corner and Cleverly clouted him. Dirty fighting. That shows how desperate Nathan was. He clearly didn't look like a bloke who believed he'd won comfortably.

Again, it just makes me and every other boxing fan who know's what they saw laugh at their delusion/excuses. Bellew and Froch don't need Cleverly, he needs them because he has no credibility.
His credibility is certainly waining thats for sure. Bellew would be ranked higher in my list based on their fights since and not really seperating them in that fight.

Didn't really have a problem with Clev catching Bellew when he was walking away. That was a lapse of concentration form Bellew. Defend yourself at all times!!!
Will is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #8
UndisputedUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,082
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just re-watched Cleve vs Bellew. I find it impossible not to give Bellew 6 round

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
A couple of cheeky digs when Bellew had his back turned as well. There was one right at the end when the referee seperated them, Bellew turned away to walk to the corner and Cleverly clouted him. Dirty fighting. That shows how desperate Nathan was. He clearly didn't look like a bloke who believed he'd won comfortably.

Again, it just makes me and every other boxing fan who know's what they saw laugh at their delusion/excuses. Bellew and Froch don't need Cleverly, he needs them because he has no credibility.
I wasn't fussed on Tony Bellew at first, but he's growing on me. With proper training and the improvements he has made he could be a force in the division in the future. Despite the loss (close on points) he seems to be moving forward. Let's hope he gets a good win tonight.

Credit to Carl Froch on taking tough fights.
UndisputedUK is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:26 AM   #9
mbrockett
ESB voyeur
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangkok
Posts: 437
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just re-watched Cleve vs Bellew. I find it impossible not to give Bellew 6 round

Gotta laugh at these threads:

"I've re-watched fight X from ages ago and come to the same conclusion that everyone at the time did. Discuss."
mbrockett is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #10
Consu
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,456
vCash: 500
Default Re: Just re-watched Cleve vs Bellew. I find it impossible not to give Bellew 6 round

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrockett View Post
Gotta laugh at these threads:

"I've re-watched fight X from ages ago and come to the same conclusion that everyone at the time did. Discuss."
Consu is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #11
Will
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,508
vCash: 75
Default Re: Just re-watched Cleve vs Bellew. I find it impossible not to give Bellew 6 round

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrockett View Post
Gotta laugh at these threads:

"I've re-watched fight X from ages ago and come to the same conclusion that everyone at the time did. Discuss."
Well I guess we should all just come on a boxing forum and discuss nothing.

Hows a chat about Pacman vs Mayweather suit you?
Will is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #12
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9,577
vCash: 500
Default Re: Just re-watched Cleve vs Bellew. I find it impossible not to give Bellew 6 round

Think I had it 7-5 Bellew.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #13
Robert
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just re-watched Cleve vs Bellew. I find it impossible not to give Bellew 6 round

i think it the type of fight where loyalities come into play a bit because you could give so many rounds to eithier fighter but you end up just giving to the fighter you prefer because you watching his work a little bit more and highlighting it in your head almost rose tinted glasses syndrome
Robert is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:12 AM   #14
Paullow
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
Default Re: Just re-watched Cleve vs Bellew. I find it impossible not to give Bellew 6 round

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrockett View Post
Gotta laugh at these threads:

"I've re-watched fight X from ages ago and come to the same conclusion that everyone at the time did. Discuss."
to be fair, it is just drumming up a bit of interest since he is fighting tonight? had it have been made randomly 3 weeks later, i may have agreed
Paullow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #15
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham/Leeds/azad kashmir(Mirpur)
Posts: 2,698
vCash: 75
Default Re: Just re-watched Cleve vs Bellew. I find it impossible not to give Bellew 6 round

the decision goes to the champ in any close fight. you need to beat the champ convincingly to win the title not win it by a round
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013